Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Iracunda - Unfinished & up for grabs

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:45. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

This map was meant to be for E2M6 but during development I lost my interest to finish it, so I am posting it here so it is not confined to my hard drive forever and hope somebody on the forums has desire to work on it and finish it. If anyone does, they must also credit me for starting it and partially building the map.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?y8bdbjz6l7l94wd

Screens:

http://i.imgur.com/uCP9L.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sO2Cb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vrsYJ.jpg

Old Post 11-17-12 17:31 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KiiiYiiiKiiiA

Darn. If you had posted this a month ago, I would have nabbed it for TNT2. But now that mapset is all full up.

Looks like a good map. I'll download to have a look, but I'll leave it for someone else to actually finish.

Old Post 11-17-12 18:13 #
KiiiYiiiKiiiA is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Saliva
Mini-Member

That's a nice map you've got there. Too bad you don't finish it yourself though.

Old Post 11-17-12 20:58 #
Saliva is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:
Darn. If you had posted this a month ago, I would have nabbed it for TNT2. But now that mapset is all full up.

Looks like a good map. I'll download to have a look, but I'll leave it for someone else to actually finish.

That would have been interesting.

Saliva said:
That's a nice map you've got there. Too bad you don't finish it yourself though.

Yea, I think my mapping mojo hit a massive block during that time. This map was meant as a series (all on /idgames/ that was completed) that was supposed to go all the way to E2M8 (E2M9 was done tho) but might consider taking all the maps and stuffing them into one WAD file.

If you are interested in checking out my previous episodic effort, check this out, it covers E1M1 all the way to E3M4 (sans secret maps). At that time it was some of my best efforts but now I see it as my first attempt at a megawad.

Old Post 11-17-12 21:02 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hex11

If it's Boom format like the others, maybe it could work as one of the Ultimate Freedoom E2 slots (maps 3 and 5-9 are just some lame 1-sector placeholder right now).

Old Post 11-17-12 21:40 #
hex11 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

I think it might be standard Doom without any Boom linedef types.

Old Post 11-17-12 21:54 #
Cacowad

i think i can make something out of this, is a really good base to start with, if i find the way to convert it to the doom-in-hexen format i could add some (read a lot) npcs, some (also read a lot) scripted events and merge it into a project i was working to. i am terrible when come to draw a military style map, but i needed one that could work as a "Strife style" hub, it will take some time anyway... if i effectly use it, first i will pm you or something and after i will send to you the mapset

Old Post 11-17-12 23:47 #
Cacowad is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

hex11 said:
If it's Boom format like the others, maybe it could work as one of the Ultimate Freedoom E2 slots (maps 3 and 5-9 are just some lame 1-sector placeholder right now).

It's currently vanilla if I recall. If you want to, go right ahead.

Cacowad said:
i think i can make something out of this, is a really good base to start with, if i find the way to convert it to the doom-in-hexen format i could add some (read a lot) npcs, some (also read a lot) scripted events and merge it into a project i was working to. i am terrible when come to draw a military style map, but i needed one that could work as a "Strife style" hub, it will take some time anyway... if i effectly use it, first i will pm you or something and after i will send to you the mapset

By all means do so.

Old Post 11-18-12 06:45 #