Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tristan

Doom 2 In Name Only - Now (supsiciously) on a load of gaming articles

Ella, please keep your sexuality and it's distinct subtleties to yourself. You are accepted and welcomed here as a Doomer and not as a man, woman or a xyz of your choice.
Nobody discriminates because of gender/sex - it's the interest in Doom that counts.

Da Werecat said:

Oh, FFS.

It's true. If you want to argue that D2INO is "creative and adventurey" fine, you're wrong but if you think it succeeds in those areas, good for you. If you want to promote it because you like it, also totally fine.

If you want to act like there is some dearth of quality creative mapsets in the doom community that D2INO outshines and that's the only reason people dislike it? Yeah, no.

I listed a ton of projects that have either done creative things with Doom or Doom's limitations or have creative/adventure-driven level design or do the whole "painting a realistic scene/location" thing that have gotten a ton of praise from the "No Fun Allowed" Doom elitists (well except for maybe Hellbound, but even as someone who hates it I can praise its environmental design).

And finally nepotism is nepotism. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with it. It's not a defense. Especially when you're trying to claim that the "cool kids club" of Doomworld is only bashing D2INO because it doesn't conform to their standards (which again is blatantly false as demonstrated by the wide range of maps in the things I listed) and not because it fails at its goals and is a bad mapset.

Hell I think Bruce made some of the best maps in D2INO and those don't even remotely conform to the mythical hard coded "standard of doom mapping" that people are claiming exist.

Sorry for caps lock and what I am about to say but...

CAN WE JUST AGREE THAT D2INO IS A COMMUNITY PROJECT AND THAT THE PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THIS PROJECT AND THAT EVERYBODY HAS A DIFFERENT OPINION? ITS FINE OF THE FACT THAT SOME LEVELS DON'T REALLY MATCH UP TO THEIR NAME, BUT THE GENERAL IDEA IS THERE!!!

I will admit, the level layouts in this megawad aren't as I had imagined. I sense that they aren't how you imagined either, tarnsman. Also, why does this start JUST as there's an article out, not when this was officially released?