Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > BRAVE.WAD Remix (or Mega Mix if I decide to do the whole megawad)

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:50. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Impboy4

Well, after endless mapping and testing, this tune up is finally finished and ready for others to play. I'd like to hear from you guys feedback and constructive criticism if possible. If anyone is interested, I may turn this into a community project to tune up all maps from Lineback's compilation (provided that if we can provide the sources for each individual map in there). There are a few in the compilation that already have been tuned up in the 1994 Tune-up wad, so they can be ignored; E2M6 and E3M1-E3M3.

This wad replaces E1M1 and requires a port that allows BOOM sidedef actions. Screenshots are here.

Download

Old Post 11-25-12 17:52 #
Impboy4 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

FDA. Cool stuff. I would be very interested in a megawad.wad tune-up project, I love that compilation and I love 1994TU. I think it should be for doom2.wad though.

Some criticisms...
- The lift with tag 3 is very loud, you should at least move the dummy sectors far away where they can't be heard.
- The yellow key trap is kinda silly: dealing with the imps feels like a chore and it's much easier to just run away.

I could complain about there being too much backtracking but that also applies to the original map, so I'm not going to blame you for staying "true" to it.

Old Post 11-25-12 18:22 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Impboy4

Memfis said:
FDA. Cool stuff. I would be very interested in a megawad.wad tune-up project, I love that compilation and I love 1994TU. I think it should be for doom2.wad though.

Some criticisms...
- The lift with tag 3 is very loud, you should at least move the dummy sectors far away where they can't be heard.
- The yellow key trap is kinda silly: dealing with the imps feels like a chore and it's much easier to just run away.

I could complain about there being too much backtracking but that also applies to the original map, so I'm not going to blame you for staying "true" to it.

- Sorry about that, I guess I just liked the sound of a loud lift. I will move it though maybe near the voodoo conveyor.
- As for the trap, I had a hard time thinking of a good way to execute it. Any suggestions?

While it is nice for the project to be for doom2.wad, I wanted to keep it doom.wad because there hasn't been a tune-up wad for the first game that I know of. Glad you liked the map though.

Old Post 11-25-12 18:29 #
Impboy4 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote