Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Claustrophobia 1024 3?
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:02. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
vdgg
MM2 maniac

If you want to play 2 monster maps:
Doom - E2M8, E2M9
Doom II - MAP01, MAP07, MAP31, MAP32

Old Post 11-27-12 22:29 #
vdgg is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ribbiks

vdgg said:
MAP32

keens?

Old Post 11-27-12 23:07 #
Ribbiks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Katamori
Forum Staple

DooMer 4ever said:
I like the 1024 and 2 monsters idea. But how about restricting weapons to 2 as well?

LOL 2 weapons is better than 2 monsters I think!

Old Post 11-28-12 00:20 #
Katamori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shadow Hog
Forum Regular

Pistol and fist means no other weapons can be placed on the map!

(But I'm going to assume you mean two weapons other than the starting ones...)

Old Post 11-28-12 02:27 #
Shadow Hog is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

j4rio said:
I thought 2 monsters would work well enough if it was the only restriction.

2048 kinda sounds like regular short map rather than serious restriction.

I agree with you on both of these. In fact, after reading this thread and seeing all of these limit ideas, I think me making a small map set using the various limits might be in order, as a pure "just for fun" exercise.

Katamori said:
LOL 2 weapons is better than 2 monsters I think!

I've given limiting weapons a go once* or twice** (maybe*** more****). It's kind of fun as a mapper to balance encounters for your two choices!

You'd need to kill the player between maps or use scripting to enforce having only certain weapons though.

*Scars of the Wounded Prey (chaingun and rocket launcher, with a secret plasma gun)
**Justice - Infernal Mechanics (scythe weapon [with powerful combos and an alt-fire "light beam"] and rocket launcher, with a secret Serious Bomb)
***Tiny Pack 1: Tiny Chances of Survival (fist [berserk if you can find it] and shotgun for 5 tiny levels)
****White Light: 2010 Edition (shotgun and aforementioned scythe)
(All ZDoom)

Old Post 11-28-12 10:25 #
Phobus is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Russell_P
www.duellist.net

I'm currently working on a 1024 map for GZDoom that is confined to 1024 on the X and Y axis but just goes up and up and up on the Z axiz. It's a complete pain in the arse keeping track of all the reference sectors to be honest.

So what about a GZDoom (or ZDoom) megawad called 1024 Cubed, where the limit is 1024x1024x1024 ?

Old Post 11-29-12 20:53 #
Russell_P is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
stewboy

Anyone want to create a project?

Old Post 12-06-12 07:06 #
stewboy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ArmouredBlood

I like 2 monsters and 1024^2, a little iffy on texture/flat limits. A mix of the two sounds a bit too restrictive to me, but I haven't made either before.

Old Post 12-06-12 10:27 #
ArmouredBlood is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote