Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Happy Birthday Jimmy91!

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:22. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Obsidian
Forum Staple

http://www.mediafire.com/?7133yi7yiih3s67

A birthday speedmap for James "Jimmy91" Paddock's 21st birthday. I even used one of your tunes! =D Hope you like, and Happy Birthday!

Old Post 12-01-12 10:17 #
Obsidian is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Alwaysdoomed

^^^^ happy bday =]

Old Post 12-01-12 11:07 #
Alwaysdoomed is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jimmy
doesn't rhyme with MIDI :(

Obsidian's map's exittext said:
I don't suppose you could e-mail me some cake? :P

I'll go one better. A cake post for everyone!

http://i.imgur.com/tEpDw.jpg

Thanks for the map, dude. I guess since it was specially-made and a speedmap, I should refrain from reviewing it. :P

I had a good day, although that was yesterday in this part of the world. xP

Jimmy's Blog of Death - I make terrible posts here.

Old Post 12-01-12 11:48 #
Jimmy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Megamur

Cheers to one of the best DOOM MIDI composers of the day. I have a few tracks from Jenesis in my WinAmp playlist, they're so good. :)

Old Post 12-01-12 12:02 #
Megamur is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Springy

Megamur said:
Cheers to one of the best DOOM MIDI composers of the day. I have a few tracks from Jenesis in my WinAmp playlist, they're so good. :)

Damn, been meaning to get the soundtrack for Jenesis as a matter of fact I've been listening to Plutonia 2 quite a lot recently. Happy (late) birthday to Jimmy and too Sergeant Mark IV.

Old Post 12-01-12 20:31 #
Springy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

Complaints:

- Doesn't work with vanilla compatibility: action 71 fails, probably because there is a line inside the sector 85. I don't know the technical details but I had a similar problem with my map for "Undeath" project.
- The first door is annoying, what's the point of it? It's so slooooow. I don't want to wait for it to "open", I want to get out on the street and kill stuff. I think doors are generally bad for the gameplay flow and should be used very carefully. And if you end up using them, they shouldn't take 5 seconds to open!
- Cramped rooms inside the building, again, that's bad for gameplay as you can't even move normally.

Maybe that's enough criticisms for a simple speedmap. o)

Old Post 12-07-12 13:17 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KiiiYiiiKiiiA

Cheers Jimmy, and Happy birthday to one talented dude. Thanks heaps for all your work.

Also, that is a great looking mop you have there. Man, the only photo I have seen of you, like ages ago, it was virtually shaved. You look so different from what I remember.

All the best for the coming year. God bless, my man.

Old Post 12-07-12 13:30 #
KiiiYiiiKiiiA is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
PRIMEVAL

Happy Birthday (again) you old fart. Wait a minute, I'm older than you...ack!

You're a very talented guy, wish my music was as good X) It was fun working on Reverie together, hopefully we can do another collaboration some time, brother.

Old Post 12-07-12 16:38 #
PRIMEVAL is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
glenzinho
Forum Regular

Jimmy91 said:
http://i.imgur.com/tEpDw.jpg

Happy birthday Jimmy... heh, you have the "traditional" Safeway/Coles cake that we always buy too!

Old Post 12-08-12 03:02 #
glenzinho is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jimmy
doesn't rhyme with MIDI :(

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:
Cheers Jimmy, and Happy birthday to one talented dude. Thanks heaps for all your work.

Also, that is a great looking mop you have there. Man, the only photo I have seen of you, like ages ago, it was virtually shaved. You look so different from what I remember.

All the best for the coming year. God bless, my man.

Yeah, I think I probably posted a photo of me when I first joined. I was 14 then. Holy shiz time flies. :O

Thanks, man. :D

PRIMEVAL said:
Happy Birthday (again) you old fart. Wait a minute, I'm older than you...ack!

You're a very talented guy, wish my music was as good X) It was fun working on Reverie together, hopefully we can do another collaboration some time, brother.

Capital idea. :P Thanks, dude.

glenzinho said:

Happy birthday Jimmy... heh, you have the "traditional" Safeway/Coles cake that we always buy too!

Yes, haha, that's (er, was) a mud cake straight from the Coles cake shelf. xP My brother had his birthday on the 4th, and chose a far superior cake from an actual patisserie.

Cheers, man. :)

Jimmy's Blog of Death - I make terrible posts here.

Last edited by Jimmy on 12-08-12 at 13:03

Old Post 12-08-12 12:57 #
Jimmy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Z86

Happy Birthday!

I really love your midis, so keep it up!

Old Post 12-08-12 13:09 #
Z86 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote