Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

http://www.mediafire.com/?3slc628cqdr103h

Realizing my previous mistake of spending too much time on detail and not enough on anything else, I decided to do the reverse this time. The result being very minimalistic detail, but I was able to shave a few minutes off of my time and get everything placed and textured within a reasonable time frame. Ammo shouldn't be an issue this time around.

This took just over 30 mins.

This map is also boom-compatible borrowing textures from both doom2.wad and plutonia.wad

I wonder if we'd be able to go back and re-polish the maps before compiling them into the megawad, or are we just going to leave them as is?

EDIT:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zal6g77vqpdax37

Another! I should probably stop so other people can submit maps, but this is just too much fun!

I noticed that quite a few maps here involve a lot of boss monsters. Normally, I don't condone being locked in a tiny room while an angry Arch-Vile and his Revenant posse slap my tits off. However, I did hatch an idea based on the concept.

It's you, a shotgun, and an Arch-Vile. Have fun. Oh, and you may want to kill him quickly. The longer the fight goes on, the more scare cover and ammo will become.

This took about 20-25 minutes, though I spent probably an additional 10-20 minutes trying to get the timing and balance right. Again, Boom compatible, using only Doom 2 textures this time.

Spoiler

I think that the balance could still use work, as it isn't too difficult to kill the Arch-Vile before the final imp swarm. Not sure if this is a bad thing though.

Eris Falling said:

Crap.wad
Took half an hour, Boom compatible, reminiscent of 1994.

yeah...I just remembered I'm a pretty unknown mapper...Don't judge me on this.

I'm going to compile all this today add MP starts then try it out on Zandronum any objections** to me doing that?

** I'm looking at you memfis ** 8-)

Well, for a test run (and not an official release), I have no issue.

My first map should already have MP starts, both co-op and DM (as well as some extra weapons for DM, but I can't imagine it'd be a great map with all the dead-ends). Second map already has co-op starts; didn't add DM starts because I know it'd be a terrible DM level.

Pottus said:

I'm going to compile all this today add MP starts then try it out on Zandronum any objects to me doing that?

** I'm looking at you memfis ** 8-)

yes, you can't include my map ^^

Please don't include Maelstrom, I don't think it's possible after all. :/

And could you please change the music for Gutless to "Sweet Little Dead Bunny" if you decide to use it? I don't have Doom 1 so I can't really do it.

Well, when you put in place a limit of 30 minutes (which most of us couldn't muster, apparently, but we got pretty close), then yeah, things come together fairly quickly. :P

General Rainbow Bacon said:

Yeah guys, compile away.

Looks like I got some work cut out for me that will be longer than a half hour!

I *think* most of these maps are vanilla/boom compat, so what about putting the zdoom maps at the end of the wad, so that people could play the non-zdoom maps continuously without crashes in non-zdoom ports? But we could use a mapinfo lump so that zdoom players play the wad in the order you posted?