Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Cacoward predictions
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:29. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CorSair
Forum Regular

IF we must, pick up the volunteer(s) now. Least make it before next year hits on calendar. 2012 WADs shouldn't be left unawarded. :P

Old Post 12-10-12 21:51 #
CorSair is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Foodles

We are sure that Hobbs has just given up on Doom and abandoned his responsibilities? He's not dead or anything?

Old Post 12-10-12 21:53 #
Foodles is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
UACeed
Registered just to make one post

I am genuinely sad that when I pointed my browser to Doomworld this evening I was not greeted with the latest Cacowards... Gentlemen, I wait with baited breath!

Old Post 12-10-12 22:05 #
UACeed is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

kmxexii, st.alfonzo, and Xaser should be contracted to write the Cacowards.

Old Post 12-10-12 22:11 #
esselfortium is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DeathevokatioN
Forum Staple

esselfortium said:
It depends on whether they have played all the wads nominated IMO.... but there's nothing wrong with strapping them to a chair and forcing them to play through everything in one sitting.. what's the worst that can happen? Xaser will be scarred for life, I can live with that.

Old Post 12-10-12 22:16 #
DeathevokatioN is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
CorSair
Forum Regular

Foodles said:
We are sure that Hobbs has just given up on Doom and abandoned his responsibilities? He's not dead or anything?
Does anyone even got stable contact with him? Seems people ain't that too good pals with Hobbs...

esselfortium said:
I second them. If they accept this honor. :P

Old Post 12-10-12 22:16 #
CorSair is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cannonball

sounds like a good plan has been drawn out. And with the people suggested we know the cacowards are in safe hands.

Old Post 12-10-12 22:18 #
cannonball is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tarnsman
Forum Regular

CorSair said:
Least make it before next year hits on calendar.

Because no award ceremony ever takes place after the year has ended.

Old Post 12-10-12 23:12 #
Tarnsman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
darknation
Forum Staple

heh.

Old Post 12-10-12 23:29 #
darknation is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

darknation said:
heh.

He's right you know.

Old Post 12-10-12 23:32 #
Obsidian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Egregor

esselfortium said:

I totally second (or third) this! kmxexii is a great reviewer http://onemandoom.blogspot.com/ and has a good sense of what makes a great WAD.

Old Post 12-10-12 23:58 #
Egregor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

DeathevokatioN said:
And I second the idea of taking time to make them interesting instead of rushing them out.
Ditto. I'd prefer a delayed but coherent Cacowards to one that's obviously been rushed to meet a deadline.

UACeed said:
Gentlemen, I wait with bated breath!
FTFY </grammar nazi>

Old Post 12-10-12 23:59 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pure Hellspawn
Forum Regular

lupinx-kassman deserves Mapper of the year. His two maps in CC4 were among the best maps I ever have played. I hope to see more maps of similar nature. The first one reminded me of TMNT IV: Turtles in Time (the year 2020 with the first Krang fight) and the Shaman's Device reminded me of the Death Egg level in Sonic & Knuckles.

Old Post 12-11-12 00:52 #
Pure Hellspawn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
savagegrant

I was a lil' sad to see no Caco's after logging in for the first time in almost a week (my poota went f**kin' BANG! and is still being repaired) but I'd also rather see a late awards ceremony than a rushed one and I also hope that the nominations list isn't used in any way to determine the winners. It was compiled to recognise people's recommended WADs of the year, much like my Cacoward "non-winners" thread.

Old Post 12-11-12 01:05 #
savagegrant is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Either way, I hope that there's some kind of "best-of-the-rest" section (rather than just 2 runners-up) to give a mention to some of the non-award winning wads on that list...just to show the full range of quality wads from the year. (after all, there isn't enough room in the 10 for all of them plus it's where new people go first for wad suggestions)

Old Post 12-11-12 01:58 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Processingcontrol

kmxexii said:
If you want any blurbs, I can write them for any WAD on my reviewed list (different style of course). I haven't touched Doom for a month or so but after slamming through some of the games on my Steam backlog I'm feeling refreshed.

Cool, you're still alive. :)

esselfortium said:

Fourthed.

Old Post 12-11-12 02:08 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DeathevokatioN
Forum Staple

Please remember to put a "Where the Sky May Be" section to honor fallen DooM comrades, and no it's not a suggestion it's an order. :P

Old Post 12-11-12 02:27 #
DeathevokatioN is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
jute
My avatar grips his belt rather tightly.

Kmxexii would do a great job.

Old Post 12-11-12 02:31 #
jute is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pavera

esselfortium said:

I'll drink to that. :)

Old Post 12-11-12 02:33 #
Pavera is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
glenzinho
Forum Regular

jute said:
Kmxexii would do a great job.
Yeah, he's got a good writing style which is easy to read and comprehend.

Old Post 12-11-12 02:40 #
glenzinho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kmxexii

If we are drafted, we should probably form our electronic cabal before too long (before I go back on twelves).

Old Post 12-11-12 12:23 #
kmxexii is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Alfonzo
Broadcaster

Oh, danke! Dankeschön! I'm honoured by the suggestion :]

Yes, I've hobbled my way through most of the releases nominated this year and then some, so I suppose I could have a crack at it alongside kmxexii and his eminence the Xaser. Stick me in a dark room with an IRC client and we'll see what horned and golden trinkets can be forged!

...But would it not remain for Hobbs to renounce his duty or otherwise not show up before a set date? I do otherwise feel as though I'm interloping on holy ground...!

Old Post 12-11-12 12:52 #
Alfonzo is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost

st.alfonzo said:
...But would it not remain for Hobbs to renounce his duty or otherwise not show up before a set date? I do otherwise feel as though I'm interloping on holy ground...!
I think most would agree on Doom's birthday being an appropriate no-show date. As for renouncing, Hobbs'll do that readily enough when the death squad lunch mob search party locates him.

Old Post 12-11-12 13:13 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez

GreyGhost said:
I think most would agree on Doom's birthday being an appropriate no-show date. As for renouncing, Hobbs'll do that readily enough when the death squad lunch mob search party locates him.

I like lunch mobs. Instead of lynching you, they bring you free food.

Old Post 12-11-12 13:54 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DataSnake
Warming Up

esselfortium said:

Either that or find a way to draft Scuba out of retirement.

Old Post 12-11-12 14:02 #
DataSnake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DataSnake
Warming Up

In case anyone cares, here's a title graphic I threw together.
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll267/datasnake/cacowards9.jpg

Old Post 12-11-12 14:45 #
DataSnake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sergeant_Mark_IV

I think the Cacowards 9 pic should make some joke about the 2012 Mayan Apocalypse.

Old Post 12-11-12 16:10 #
Sergeant_Mark_IV is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:
I think the Cacowards 9 pic should make some joke about the 2012 Mayan Apocalypse.

Seconded. Maybe if possible, the Cacowards could be ON the 21st

Old Post 12-11-12 16:57 #
Eris Falling is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Deathmatcher
Forum Regular

Eris Falling said:
Maybe if possible, the Cacowards could be ON the 21st

That's the best idea ever! Absolutely seconded! The first Doom's day failed, but fortunately we have a backup Doomsday this year. :D

Old Post 12-11-12 17:10 #
Deathmatcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
(empty)
Mini-Member

Deathmatcher said:

That's the best idea ever! Absolutely seconded! The first Doom's day failed, but fortunately we have a backup Doomsday this year. :D

Thirded.

Old Post 12-11-12 17:46 #
(empty) is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote