Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Back to Saturn X E1: 99i9, plus new/unheard midis on page 13 :)
Pages (13): « First ... « 10 11 12 [13]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 16:24. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
marineController
Mini-Member

I tried what you suggested with a slight mod:
I made 4 consecutive 1024 x 1024 boxes in a row with light levels 240, 255, 256, 240, I made a white flat and a white texture, I then rotated everything 45 degrees to prevent the fake contrast effect.
I checked the map in vanilla, chocolate doom 1.7, prboom-plus 2514 and zdoom 260. It all looks the same to me, I can't see any difference in light levels from any viewpoint.

Old Post 08-06-13 22:16 #
marineController is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tarnsman
Forum Regular

marineController said:
I tried what you suggested with a slight mod:
I then rotated everything 45 degrees to prevent the fake contrast effect.

There is your problem. Full Bright automatically removes all fake contrast. 240 does not.

Old Post 08-06-13 22:21 #
Tarnsman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom_user

I've been curious about something since I first played BTSX in January.

Why is the first appearance of the hub area part of map 01 instead of being a separate map?

Old Post 08-06-13 22:45 #
Doom_user is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
scifista42

Probably to not disgust players by a standalone map with no gameplay too early on?

Old Post 08-06-13 22:51 #
scifista42 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Marcaek

It establishes the presence\sens of place of the hub early on, and yeah dropping off gameplay in map02 would be jarring and uncomfortable imo.

Old Post 08-06-13 22:54 #
Marcaek is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dew
experts

scifista42 said:
Probably to not disgust players by a standalone map with no gameplay too early on?

Luts'z Inferno is disgusting? o_O

Old Post 08-06-13 23:19 #
dew is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
marineController
Mini-Member

Tarnsman said:
There is your problem. Full Bright automatically removes all fake contrast. 240 does not.
OK I see now, I was assuming a higher brightness level or something for the sector but it's just the brightness of axis aligned walls that is affected.

Old Post 08-06-13 23:21 #
marineController is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
marineController
Mini-Member

Veinen's demo shows the same problem on MAP13 as has been mentioned for MAP12.
Here is a scan of the area around sector 777 in MAP13 (generated using R_PointInSubsector):
http://i.imgur.com/HtjWuh1.png
The red crosses within sector 777 are sector 331.
Monsters will disappear through the floor if they stand on these points.
It looks to me as though the nodebuilder you used for maps 12 and 13 has created this problem.

Old Post 08-13-13 19:58 #
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

For fans of the BTSX soundtrack:

I've created a YouTube playlist with 12 of my favorite midis I've composed for the BTSX soundtrack, including a whole bunch of never-before-heard songs from episodes 2 and 3. (Spoilers!)

More info here: http://essel.spork-chan.net/2013/08...saturn-x-midis/

Direct link to the playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...c5SuDp6_9nDVVBr

You can also find a lot of Jimmy's BTSX midis, along with other music, on his music site: http://jimmy.the-powerhouse.net/MID...o%20Saturn%20X/ (check the parent directory for other projects!)

Last edited by esselfortium on 08-23-13 at 19:00

Old Post 08-19-13 04:49 #
esselfortium is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Remiel

esselfortium said:
(You can also find a lot of Jimmy's BTSX midis on his YouTube channel, albeit played with terrible soundfonts that horribly butcher his songs.)
It's only fair that the person who made Within Reach should be the person who breaks it.

Old Post 08-19-13 08:16 #
Remiel is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
joe-ilya
Nescient Member

I still can't belive vanilla doom can handle this.

Old Post 08-21-13 18:30 #
joe-ilya is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pirx
Forum Regular

esselfortium said:
For fans of the BTSX soundtrack:

I've created a YouTube playlist with 12 of my favorite midis I've composed for the BTSX soundtrack, including a whole bunch of never-before-heard songs from episodes 2 and 3. (Spoilers!)

More info here: http://essel.spork-chan.net/2013/08...saturn-x-midis/

Direct link to the playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...c5SuDp6_9nDVVBr

(You can also find a lot of Jimmy's BTSX midis on his YouTube channel, albeit played with terrible soundfonts that horribly butcher his songs.)

wow. just listening to "toybox", reminds me of those toyboxes that play a song when you open them, something about a fairy tale? some tracks are amazing.

Old Post 08-21-13 20:44 #
Pirx is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KevinHEZ

this + psp + toilet = AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cannot describe how much i love this wad.

Old Post 08-22-13 23:03 #
KevinHEZ is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tarnsman
Forum Regular

BTSX is so shit that the only way to play it is while taking a shit. It like grounds you so the terribleness of the wad can safely pass through your body.

Old Post 08-22-13 23:49 #
Tarnsman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Not Jabba

BTSX has probably the best soundtrack I've ever heard on this engine, except maybe Whispers of Satan.

Old Post 08-23-13 03:01 #
Not Jabba is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

This level set oozes with atmosphere.

Last edited by Glaice on 08-25-13 at 19:46

Old Post 08-25-13 17:16 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rhinoduck
Mini-Member

This wad contains a DBIGFONT lump stripped of kerning information so that the
main menu items would at least display, although not properly positioned, in
ZDaemon. It also containes a fixed MAPINFO lump that gets properly parsed in
ZDaemon; the main effect this has is that proper wider sky textures are used.

USAGE: This wad needs to be loaded as another pwad after the btsx wad for it to have any effect.

NOTE: The issue with kerning has been fixed for the next release of ZDaemon.

Download: btsx_e1_99i9_zdfix.zip

Old Post 08-30-13 16:23 #
rhinoduck is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
scaled
Warming Up

Not sure if it's been mentioned before since I just got up but a buddy of mine found a few problems. He's going through with PrBoom+ in pure error mode to try catching more but for now what he found is a missed backside on get out of my stations 2 (map16); linedef 82 has two-sided flag set but no second sidedef. He says it's a non-fatal error but it causes demo desyncs.

Will report more as they're found.

Edit: MOAR STUFF

MAP 22
Gonna Never Have To Die: MISSEDBACKSIDE, linedef 1051 has two-sided flag set, but no second sidedef. Desyncs if you try playing a demo recorded there.

spechit overflow in map22, at the megahealth switch in the water. list of lineid leading to overrun: 1363, 1364, 1365, 1366, 4903, 4918, 1359, 1360, 1361.

Potentially fatal in Vanilla. Don't know for sure so someone please test.

Map 24
Hall of mirrors on the floor at the lift of map24: tough skin river.
Possibly missing texture just before that.

No Name Map (Possibly the ending?)
Missed backside on the ending, linedef 337 has two-sided flag set, but no second sidedef

Last edited by scaled on 09-19-13 at 18:11

Old Post 09-18-13 13:45 #
scaled is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Darch

This mapset threw me back to vanilla settings, no mouse look, no gameplay mods, software mode, I'm even playing on 640x480 resolution and it still looks amazing.

I thought it was going to be one of those insanely hard wads, but I'm having a fair and fun run so far, currently on map 05 on HMP. Great job :)

Old Post 11-24-13 11:04 #
Darch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote