Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Back to Saturn X E1: 99i9, plus new/unheard midis on page 13 :)
Pages (13): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:27. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Springy

Excellent news. Downloading this now. Also, minor thing but just noticed that you spelled Download wrong on the link.

Old Post 12-10-12 11:09 #
Springy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DeathevokatioN
Forum Staple

Joshy said:
What is real? How do you define real? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see while playing Back to Saturn X, then the real is simply signals of awesomeness interpreted by your brain.
Totally agree. Seeing as it's Doom's birthday I'm going to fire up this dream. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSrEau4JN40 ;P

Old Post 12-10-12 11:30 #
DeathevokatioN is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Graf Zahl
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Very nice indeed.

Here's just a minor issue that occurs when ZDoom is set to 'wi_percents false' on the level summary:

Screenshot

ZDoom uses a graphics lump STTSLASH for this display. Would be nice if it could be added if another update is coming.

Old Post 12-10-12 11:34 #
Graf Zahl is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DaniJ

This looks great, congrats.

There is an issue in Doomsday though, the FIRELAV2..FIRELAVA animation is a whopping 414 frames long because it runs from the IWAD version of FIRELAV2 to your replaced version of FIRELAVA in btsx_e1.wad.

Old Post 12-10-12 11:41 #
DaniJ is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Graf Zahl

Yes, there is indeed an issue in Doomsday!

FIRELAV2 ist not part of the animation. It goes from FIRELAV3 t FIRELAVA. FIRELAV2 is not animated!

Old Post 12-10-12 11:48 #
Graf Zahl is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DaniJ

Heh, wonder how long that typo has been there. Will fix... (missed today's 710 build, so it won't appear until Wednesday's).

Old Post 12-10-12 11:51 #
DaniJ is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomUK
Forum Staple

This is fucking magnificent.

Certainly a worthy way of spending Doom's 19th birthday with.

Old Post 12-10-12 11:55 #
DoomUK is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Chex Warrior

Woo!

Old Post 12-10-12 11:58 #
Chex Warrior is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Where are the good weapons on map09? I'm not going to fight hordes of HKs, cacos, mancos, revs and spiders with shitty weapons. (sg,cg)

Old Post 12-10-12 12:07 #
Memfis is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sokoro

1) You can not release something that does not exist.

2) I am going to hold myself and wait for full deal.

Old Post 12-10-12 12:12 #
Sokoro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kmxexii

It's happening! IT'S REALLY HAPPENING!

Old Post 12-10-12 12:18 #
kmxexii is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
traversd

Phobus said:
We think he has brain damage.

You mean drain bamage.

I don't see the prodlem.

Old Post 12-10-12 12:22 #
traversd is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
SFoZ911

Looks great, going to try it as soon as I can.

Old Post 12-10-12 12:23 #
SFoZ911 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quasar

It's not a release until it forces at least 3 source ports to update in order to fix bugs it has revealed ;)

Old Post 12-10-12 12:38 #
Quasar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

esselfortium said:
Missing sector tag fixed in map18. In the bugged version, the map was impossible to exit because a sector wouldn't lower.

Downloab 0.99d

I really hope that the assigned nodebuilder produces the same structure (if vertices haven't been moved between each update), since I'd like to play this with vanilla DOOM or DOOM+ while using savegames, and would love if BTSX updates wouldn't break save compatibility.

Old Post 12-10-12 12:52 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grain of Salt
Forum Regular

I only counted four fake release jokes. This is not the Back to Saturn X that I know and love.

Old Post 12-10-12 12:57 #
Grain of Salt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

Well I tried it and had some trouble with the revenants in one of the early levels, then ran out of ammo in the level with the long outside corridor and could hardly find more then tried sawing into a few formerhumans until I was shot to death by a sergeant/chaingunner, it can be quite difficult on UV at times so I guess I should've tried it on an easier difficulty first. :P

Old Post 12-10-12 12:57 #
Avoozl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

map01-12 fdas
I thought this was quite easy, I was playing very lazily, skipping monsters I didn't want to fight and stuff like that, but I haven't died a single time with the exception of map09 which is very difficult but for the wrong reason: there are a lot of tough monsters but no good weapons (ssg, rl, pg, bfg) so your only choice is to speedrun (because who the hell fights tons of tough monsters with weak weapons). But it's quite tough to speedrun so I gave up.

Old Post 12-10-12 13:18 #
Memfis is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Csonicgo

Quasar said:
It's not a release until it forces at least 3 source ports to update in order to fix bugs it has revealed ;)

Well, we got two ports down, who's next?

Old Post 12-10-12 14:25 #
Csonicgo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Csonicgo

printz said:
I really hope that the assigned nodebuilder produces the same structure (if vertices haven't been moved between each update), since I'd like to play this with vanilla DOOM or DOOM+ while using savegames, and would love if BTSX updates wouldn't break save compatibility.

Sorry for double post, but I have a custom Doom+ that xttl and I Hacked at,I'll upload it in a few hours. Keep all pants on.

Old Post 12-10-12 14:28 #
Csonicgo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pavera

Memfis said:
map01-12 fdas
I thought this was quite easy, I was playing very lazily, skipping monsters I didn't want to fight and stuff like that, but I haven't died a single time with the exception of map09 which is very difficult but for the wrong reason: there are a lot of tough monsters but no good weapons (ssg, rl, pg, bfg) so your only choice is to speedrun (because who the hell fights tons of tough monsters with weak weapons). But it's quite tough to speedrun so I gave up.

I remember having the same kind of trouble during testing with Map09. I believe essel/traversd designed it so that on a pistol start you would always be on the move and looking over your shoulder. There is a secret SSG you can obtain (and I think there might be a rocket launcher somewhere?), but from a pistol start I'll agree that it's hard to S-rank. However, it's still very beatable if you stick to avoiding the big bads (or just go ahead and shotgun them to death)! :)

Old Post 12-10-12 14:32 #
Pavera is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez

Here's a WISLASH so Graf won't complain.

The text file credits the text screen and intermission music, but not the title screen music.

If episode 1 takes up 24 map slots, and three episodes are planned, how are you going to do eps 2 and 3? Eight maps spread between them two? Separate PWADs? The greatest DEHACKED trick ever to make Doom believes it has more maps than that? MAPINFO-club membership only?

Old Post 12-10-12 15:20 #
Gez is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pottus
Forum Regular

Pretty neat release, I'll have to get this fired up on Zandronum survival today.

Old Post 12-10-12 15:29 #
Pottus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
skillsaw

It's about damn time!

Also, it inexplicably felt awesome to download this to my Doom/wads folder instead of my mapping/btsx folder.

Old Post 12-10-12 15:45 #
skillsaw is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dew
experts

Memfis said:

easy is intentional considering your considerable skill level. btsx's difficulty aim was alien vendetta minus its e3 maps, although i can already count a few btsx maps that waltz into that excluded area too, heh. there's also a difficulty curve, so the later maps should tax you more. or try solo-net!

re: your map09 problem, there's a secret ssg, but you have to run through several nasty situations if you want to use it to take down all the big boys. probably a difficulty spike and i may be to fault, because i replayed it so often i just became overtrained and didn't lobby for adjustments. toughen up! :)

skillsaw said:
Also, it inexplicably felt awesome to download this to my Doom/wads folder instead of my mapping/btsx folder.

and to finally delete mysteryproject-tex... oh wait, nope.

Old Post 12-10-12 16:02 #
dew is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooM_RO

This is fucking amazing! Well done 11/10!

Old Post 12-10-12 16:06 #
DooM_RO is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Larzuk

Just started playing this a few minutes ago and noticed this graphical glitch under the bridge in map 01. I am using glboom if that helps any.

http://i.imgur.com/nRCA3.jpg

In map 03, it seems to be impossible to get into the secret at sector 63.

Last edited by Larzuk on 12-10-12 at 17:07

Old Post 12-10-12 16:10 #
Larzuk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

dew: interestingly enough, Alien Vendetta was the first thing that came up in my mind when I was thinking about btsx's gameplay. So I guess the team succeeded. :) I'll try to play the rest with solo-net, should be fun. (I remember Scythe X was also more fun with solo-net)

Old Post 12-10-12 16:40 #
Graf Zahl

Larzuk said:
Just started playing this a few minutes ago and noticed this graphical glitch under the bridge in map 01. I am using glboom if that helps any.

It's a render hack. To make this work in OpenGL some not very simple checks are needed. I don't know if GlBoom has those checks but if it glitches, apparently not. In GZDoom it looks correct unless you fly to some otherwise unreachable places from where it doesn't look correct.

Old Post 12-10-12 17:10 #
Tarnsman
Forum Regular

Sucks. Worst Wad Ever. So bad it killed my pets and gave me cancer. -50/10.

Old Post 12-10-12 17:32 #
Tarnsman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote