Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Cacowards 2013 nomination thread
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:03. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BloodyAcid

scalliano said:
I nominate Stardate 20X6 by Ribbiks.

+1

Old Post 07-27-13 02:37 #
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
glenzinho
Forum Regular

I think High/Low 5 has got the goods.

Old Post 07-28-13 09:03 #
glenzinho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Creaphis
I will deliberately take a contrary position just for the sake of writing incredibly long arguments

Forsaken Overlook needs to be considered for a Cacoward. Same goes for Mill 2, not because it's a massive, ambitious project but because it perfectly accomplishes what it set out to do. Note that I'm not following the wad scene that closely so if these levels are actually getting released in larger projects at some point then you can ignore this post.

Old Post 08-03-13 03:30 #
Creaphis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Razor Beamer

Shotgun Frenzy is one of the best multiplayer WAD experiences i have ever had. http://wadaholic.wordpress.com/2012...-v1-4-released/

It's not just point and shoot, it also requires strategic thinking. Therefore I am nominating this for a Cacoward

Old Post 08-06-13 11:34 #
Razor Beamer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rambosee
Rambodo

Razor Beamer said:
Shotgun Frenzy is one of the best multiplayer WAD experiences i have ever had. http://wadaholic.wordpress.com/2012...-v1-4-released/

It's not just point and shoot, it also requires strategic thinking. Therefore I am nominating this for a Cacoward

I'll second this, I love playing this wad online. Being commander was an excellent experience, nothing could beat mowing down a hundred or two monsters with an ion cannon.

Old Post 08-07-13 19:43 #
Rambosee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian

Well, I've tallied all the votes thus far and the results are:

Regular and Mordeth

-Pirate Doom(known as Corsair Doom at the moment) = 3[UNFINISHED]
-Doom: The Golden Souls = 2[UNFINISHED]
-BTSX = 1[UNFINISHED]
-ZDCMP2 = 2[UNFINISHED]
-Titty Milk = 1
-HedRox 2 = 1
-THE BIRD = 1(Joke submission, I'm guessing)
-SoulCrusher = 1
-Hadephobia = 5
-D2TWID = 2[UNFINISHED]
-TNT2 = 2[UNFINISHED]
-Project 115 = 1
-Nazis V2 = 1
-Danne's E1 = 1
-Certain Death = 1
-Stardate 20X6 = 4
-Monochrome Mapping Project = 2
-Interception = 2
-Doom 2 Minor Sprite Fixing Project = 1
-Temple of the Lizard Men 3 = 2
-Concerned = 3
-D2INO = 1[UNFINISHED]
-Hellbound = 2
-Favillesco E1 = 1
-Project MSX = 1
-High/Low 5 = 1
-Forsaken Overlook = 1
-Mill 2 = 1

Multiplayer

-Zandronum's All Out War 2 = 1
-Shotgun Frenzy = 2

Mappers

-Valkiriforce = 1
-Ribbiks = 2
-gggmork = 2

I couldn't be arsed finding the Mordeth ones, but then again it isn't that hard to pick. :-) So far Hadephobia leads with 5 votes, with Stardate 20X6 behind with 4 votes.

Old Post 08-13-13 03:11 #
Obsidian is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eric

WildWeasel said:
For best gameplay mod, I'd nominate Project MSX.

Seconding this.

Also, nominating Samsara for best multiplayer. (Edit: if that's allowed. While it is functional in singleplayer, and doesn't include any maps, it only truly shines in MP)

Old Post 08-18-13 18:30 #
Eric is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
VylePhinder
Banned

DeathevokatioN said:
My definition of mapper of the year is someone who has contributed a lot to the community and continues to do so. Your unprovoked condescending posts as of recently are causing me to lose a lot of respect for you.

Do you know where you are? Almost all of the big-shots here don't know how to NOT be condescending (especially Memfis and Esselfortium, and I know I'm not the only one who's noticed :) ). Sry, just being honest. Their insecurities prevent them from communicating any other way.

Which is why I am taking a break from this community indefinitely, after the responses I got from my last post, which I made only with the best of intentions.

I will just go back to playing all of my favorite wads and cutting from my dooming experience the worst part of it, which is sadly the DoomWorld community (or more specifically, the ones that run it). It's really kind of sad because you guys consistently discourage newcomers from the Doom community and that's just bad for any community that you actually want to "grow." But, I will gladly keep playing Doom and posting anonymous reviews, doesn't bother me a bit.

Okay, I'm done ranting now, I will now quietly go away, so write your hate posts to this message and share them amongst yourselves, because I assure you, I will never see them.

Also, I'd like to throw in another vote for "Stardate 20X6" because it was well done, original, and I need to at least attempt to try and validate this, my final, post.

Old Post 08-18-13 22:39 #
VylePhinder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
j4rio
Forum Staple

Bye bye. I'll miss you a lot.

Old Post 08-18-13 23:04 #
j4rio is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dew
experts

VylePhinder said:
I will now quietly go away, so write your hate posts to this message and share them amongst yourselves, because I assure you, I will never see them.

God speed you on your future journeys!

Old Post 08-18-13 23:09 #
dew is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

VylePhinder said:
Their insecurities prevent them from communicating any other way.

Just posting here to say that this is 100% true in my case. I'm a total loser IRL and I often get the urge to act as an asshole on the internet which makes me feel even worse, and even if I'm trying to be nice, most of the time it doesn't work because I seriously lack communication skills. I perfectly realize all that but I never had the will to try to change myself. btw somehow it feels good to see someone telling the truth about me. Honesty is always awesome, thanks.

Old Post 08-18-13 23:19 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
j4rio
Forum Staple

You forgot to payback some honesty. C'mon, you can't just leave it like that without honestly calling that cool dude over here a spectacularly annoying cunt that would make this place neater by leaving, which is something he thankfully already did.

Old Post 08-18-13 23:27 #
j4rio is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cannonball

VylePhinder said:

stuff

You could have just made a mod where doomguy brutally tortures and kills innocent clouds, instead of ragequitting this forum :P
Btw might as well nominate Stardate 20X6 and Pirate doom for cacowards as I'm here

Old Post 08-18-13 23:39 #
cannonball is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Snakes

Okay, browsing through the thread, I'll go ahead and add tallies for the following:

Foresaken Overlook
High/Low 5
BuTtSeX E1
Stardate 20X6 (beautiful mapping, even if I'm completely dead on the gampelay)
Still have yet to play many of the noms. Will be back some other time to update the list.

Old Post 08-19-13 00:14 #
Snakes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

With regard to DeathevokatioN's discussion with Memfis on the previous page, there have been a number of great mappers over the years passed up for the mapper of the year award due to the simple fact that there were a lot of other great mappers also releasing stuff around the same time. While it is true that the mapper of the year award only makes sense if it's an actual mapper of the year award, some sort of "lifetime achievement award" has been suggested for the Cacowards before. This would allow for honoring authors like Espi, who made a significant impact on the community over a longer period of time with a small number of very carefully and methodically crafted projects.

Old Post 08-19-13 01:18 #
esselfortium is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pizzabob18

Would we be nominating BTSX one episode at a time? If so, I'd easily nominate Episode 1, (and hopefully before year's end I can add E2 to that list!)

However, if they're being judged as one continuous 3 episode 80+ levels MEGAmegawad, it looks like we'll have to wait till the 2014 cacowards or so for that.

Also, Corsair/Pirate Doom should be more than considered for a Cacoward.

EDIT - My vote would go towards Espi being posthumously honored as well.

Last edited by pizzabob18 on 08-19-13 at 02:32

Old Post 08-19-13 01:23 #
pizzabob18 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
glenzinho
Forum Regular

pizzabob18 said:
Corsair/Pirate Doom

+1

Old Post 08-19-13 01:25 #
glenzinho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
WildWeasel
Resident Castlevania Super-Fanboy

esselfortium said:
[...]some sort of "lifetime achievement award" has been suggested for the Cacowards before. This would allow for honoring authors like Espi, who made a significant impact on the community over a longer period of time with a small number of very carefully and methodically crafted projects.

If this happens, my vote most certainly goes towards Espi.

Old Post 08-19-13 01:49 #
WildWeasel is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian

WildWeasel said:

If this happens, my vote most certainly goes towards Espi.

Same here.

Old Post 08-19-13 02:17 #
Obsidian is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tarnsman
Forum Regular

I still find mind* blowing tricks in Espi maps to this day, he definitely deserves some sort of "lifetime achievement award".

Last edited by Tarnsman on 08-19-13 at 08:16

Old Post 08-19-13 07:36 #
Tarnsman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dime

+1 for Concerned

Old Post 08-19-13 18:01 #
Dime is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cannonball

Tarnsman said:
I still find mind* blowing tricks in Espi maps to this day, he definitely deserves some sort of "lifetime achievement award".

Given it's been 20 years since doom was released, I think a lifetime achievement award would be a great idea and yeah Espi is definitely one mapper who would be top of the list for an award like that. His genius will live on :)

Old Post 08-27-13 00:37 #
cannonball is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian

+1 for Concerned.

While I'm at it, I nominate dobugabumaru for Mapper of the Year: the maps he's made for NOVA, MAYhem 2013 and Panophobia are nothing short of breathtaking and I reckon he deserves recognition for them, not to mention the numerous other maps dotted around that he's created.

Old Post 08-27-13 05:32 #
Suitepee

I vote for Back to Saturn X Episode 1. I'd like to see more Doom megawads portray that level of visual detail in the future. Also liked the 100% original textures/music thing, made it feel like its own thing.

Old Post 09-02-13 17:21 #
Suitepee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
xAn
Mini-Member

Back to Saturn X for the win...

Old Post 09-10-13 12:55 #
xAn is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dobu gabu maru

I'd like to throw a nomination towards Ribbiks for mapper of the year. Besides creating the divisive yet captivating Stardate 20X6, arguably his most valuable contributions are his FDAs that he has given dozens of authors, allowing them to see the map through his trained eyes. Being a great designer and helping out a bunch of people with their maps is definitely worthy of the reward in my opinion.

Old Post 09-11-13 23:25 #
dobu gabu maru is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dew
experts

dobugabumaru said:
arguably his most valuable contributions are his FDAs that he has given dozens of authors, allowing them to see the map through his trained eyes.

i wish there was a playtester of the year category. :(

nah, just kidding. we'd all lose every year to hawkwind anyways.

Old Post 09-11-13 23:47 #
dew is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
LodiB88
Banned

Zone 300 and Unholy Realms. Both on recent threads.

The 100 Lines concept should get some type of mention IMO, though I think Z300 shows that's a far more reasonable limit that still keeps grasp of the general limit. I'd love to see more wads with such limits but a bit more relaxed than 100.

Old Post 09-22-13 08:40 #
LodiB88 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

Wow you're fast, did you already beat unholy realms? :)

Old Post 09-22-13 15:24 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DeathevokatioN

I know I contributed a secret level to Unholy Realms, but fuck it I would have nominated it anyway. Unholy Realms FTW!!!!

ps

Memfis said:

Just posting here to say that this is 100% true in my case. I'm a total loser IRL

Don't worry me too, although I'm socially retarded both online and IRL, so I have an upper hand on you and you will never beat me.

Last edited by DeathevokatioN on 09-22-13 at 18:50

Old Post 09-22-13 18:45 #
DeathevokatioN is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote