Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Z_Match 2013 Deathmatch WAD Release

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:38. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Doomkid

EDIT: Complete! as of 27/2/2013
Hello everyone, and welcome to Z_Match 2013.

This is a set of 10 deathmatch levels designed around the tried and true principles for smooth replayability in Doom DM. The maps have an oldschool feel with a newschool mindset: Remove the unfair snags and other nuisences.

Link - http://www.mediafire.com/?by9wms70wcjphxa

Some of these maps have undergone a facelift, and I think they are much improved now.

Hope you all have fun with it!

[Here's some screenshots]

Last edited by Doomkid on 02-27-13 at 10:11

Old Post 01-09-13 15:04 #
Doomkid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ler

Okay, I'm not the biggest deathmatch guy, but those blood waterfall stairs in the last picture look hideous.

Old Post 01-10-13 08:50 #
ler is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Csonicgo

ler said:
Okay, I'm not the biggest deathmatch guy, but those blood waterfall stairs in the last picture look hideous.

The colors aren't helping, either.

Old Post 01-10-13 10:44 #
Csonicgo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Springy

I'll give this a shot with some bots later. I love DM, have you thought about putting up servers for testing?

Old Post 01-10-13 10:51 #
Springy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KiiiYiiiKiiiA

The layouts look pretty good for deathmatch actually. And the sky looks really good too. But yeah, as mentioned some of the colors/textures don't suit really well.

Old Post 01-10-13 11:49 #
KiiiYiiiKiiiA is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomkid

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:
The layouts look pretty good for deathmatch actually. And the sky looks really good too. But yeah, as mentioned some of the colors/textures don't suit really well.

On second look, you guys are right - the blood stairs look pretty horrible, I'll fix that up and maybe a few other little oddities as well.

And yes, I've breifly hosted a few Zandronum servers with this wad, but I haven't got a stable enoguh connection to keep them up for too long. :)

Thanks a lot for the feedback, it helps a ton!

Old Post 01-12-13 04:27 #
Doomkid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomkid

[Bump] Zmatch 2013 is now completed:

http://www.mediafire.com/?by9wms70wcjphxa

I've reenvisioned some of my single player maps for deathmatch, I honestly like them much more this way.

Happy fragging, hope you guys enjoy. As always, any feedback you want to leave is a huge helper :)

Old Post 02-27-13 08:00 #