Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Psychosis 1024.
Did you find this map scary or creepy?
Yep.
Nah, not really.
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:26. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Obsidian
Forum Staple

http://www.mediafire.com/?h1jjx17eny91v1v

Name: Psychosis 1024
Source Port: Boom
Time taken: 3 weeks
Description: Most scary maps are made in ZDoom, right? This is my attempt at making a decent scary Boom map, complete with creepy music and DeHackEd monstrosities. No screamers though, don't worry. :)

http://oi45.tinypic.com/vpc4jr.jpg
http://oi49.tinypic.com/2d18ete.jpg

I want to get some opinions on it before I upload it to IdGames. Thoughts?

Last edited by Obsidian on 01-19-13 at 08:36

Old Post 01-19-13 04:30 #
Obsidian is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
General Rainbow Bacon
may have been DoomHero85 at some point

Thought:

createPatch: Unknown patch format FATTT0

Old Post 01-19-13 05:40 #
General Rainbow Bacon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

General Rainbow Bacon said:
Thought:

createPatch: Unknown patch format FATTT0

ARGH! One moment please.

//_-

Old Post 01-19-13 05:44 #
Obsidian is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

Thought so...I left some sprites in PNG format by accident. Try it now.

Old Post 01-19-13 05:47 #
Ribbiks

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the yellow key -.-. is this cl9? I might be playing on wrong complevel

Old Post 01-19-13 08:22 #
Ribbiks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

Ribbiks said:
I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the yellow key -.-. is this cl9? I might be playing on wrong complevel

Press the button in the key room and go back upstairs. :)

Old Post 01-19-13 08:27 #
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Heh, Ultima Online music. Not creepy for me, just annoying because it plays when you die in that game. :p The map was cool but when I died I didn't want to restart because that would kind of ruin the horror mood (not scary anymore if you can revive). Ammo was a bit low maybe. fda

Old Post 01-19-13 12:19 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
mouldy

That was an interesting map, I liked the transformations and atmosphere, the look of it reminded me of the original splatterhouse. Could have done with a bit more elbow room maybe, I find that the impact of the surroundings is depleted when you are forever bumping into them.

As far as being creepy/scary, I think anticipation and build-up plays a big part. The first room was a cool example of that, however I ended up seeing quite a lot of that first room. I started on UV and found those fast moving white things were pretty deadly, and what with the lack of ammo and health I ended up dying loads, so it soon became frustrating and familiar rather than unknown and creepy. Should have started on HMP I guess.

Old Post 01-19-13 13:39 #
mouldy is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Cacowad

not as scary as unforgiving, enemys does a lot of damage, however it is a good map, you could have made the first room a lot more scary. loved the wall teared apart from one hit.

Old Post 01-19-13 15:39 #
Cacowad is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Katamori
Forum Staple

I wouldn't say it scary. I may try it at night...

But the atmosphere and the ideas are so f@ckin' awesome! I'll make a video about it as far as I can.=)

Claustrophobia: Cybertown project thread

Old Post 01-19-13 16:01 #
Katamori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
gggmork
If you can make any sense of this post, congratulations

Good atmosphere, everything is a cohesive scary theme.. then again all of doom is usually a scary theme. The confined movement kinda fit the theme somehow.

Somehow the red key didn't appear in this demo, though it usually did:
http://filesmelt.com/dl/psychosis_1...oRedKey-ggg.lmp

Old Post 01-19-13 23:17 #
gggmork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote