Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > really bad wad addiction!
Pages (6): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:22. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

I knew it, box level quantity is a lie. There's actually 502 Doom levels and 1,583 Doom II levels being closer to 2,000, not 3,000 as marked on the box.

Marketing, right? :P

Old Post 01-31-13 22:38 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

pretty sure this will fit the bill: http://www.mediafire.com/?2kcr7fwm2ldreq4 It would be pretty hard to set the bar lower than this.

Old Post 02-01-13 00:41 #
Hellbent is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BaronOfStuff

Hellbent said:
pretty sure this will fit the bill: http://www.mediafire.com/?2kcr7fwm2ldreq4 It would be pretty hard to set the bar lower than this.

Which cockwasher made that?

Old Post 02-01-13 00:59 #
BaronOfStuff is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

BaronOfStuff said:

Which cockwasher made that?

teeheehee. A very talentless one.

Old Post 02-01-13 01:13 #
Hellbent is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

It is on the same page as this thread.

Is it me or should this topic be renamed "Bad WAD Discussion Thread" because of multiple Youtubers who play bad maps conversing here?

Old Post 02-01-13 04:13 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Netherstorm

Hellbent said:
teeheehee. A very talentless one.

You mean this guy?: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mo...ouve-ever-seen/

Old Post 02-01-13 04:16 #
Netherstorm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

Aye..

Old Post 02-01-13 15:08 #
mrthejoshmon

Hellbent said:

You made my day sir... made my day...

Old Post 02-01-13 16:47 #
mrthejoshmon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pure Hellspawn
Forum Regular

This wad is so bad that it makes Terry,DoomGuy2000 and Wow.Wad look like
mapping geniuses.

If you want bad, I'll show you bad. It's so bad that I bet you'll want this thread to stop, and that you'll snap out of your bad wad addiction. It's so bad that 20 years from now, you'll wish you'd never played it. It's so bad that afaik, it never even got a #newstuff review (correct me if I'm wrong). The only reason it didn't get 0 stars on IDGames is because of sympathetic or troll votes by people who didn't even play it.

In fact, it's one of the reasons I'm hated here...

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=14640

Old Post 02-01-13 18:37 #
Pure Hellspawn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mrthejoshmon

Pure Hellspawn said:
This wad is so bad that it makes Terry,DoomGuy2000 and Wow.Wad look like
mapping geniuses.

If you want bad, I'll show you bad. It's so bad that I bet you'll want this thread to stop, and that you'll snap out of your bad wad addiction. It's so bad that 20 years from now, you'll wish you'd never played it. It's so bad that afaik, it never even got a #newstuff review (correct me if I'm wrong). The only reason it didn't get 0 stars on IDGames is because of sympathetic or troll votes by people who didn't even play it.

In fact, it's one of the reasons I'm hated here...

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=14640

I AM 200% READY!
EDIT: well T-H-A-T was different!

Last edited by mrthejoshmon on 02-01-13 at 21:10

Old Post 02-01-13 20:23 #
mrthejoshmon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pure Hellspawn
Forum Regular

I warned you.

You didn't listen to my warning. You played the worst wad ever.

You have just seen how bad wads can be. You have seen creativity hit rock bottom.

I'm not responsible for anything that happens that may occur as a result of playing it.

EDIT: After seeing the DTS-T review, I felt bad and wanted to say that the megawad did have need of improvements, but is AWESOME compared to this garbage I wrote 8 years ago.

Last edited by Pure Hellspawn on 02-01-13 at 21:59

Old Post 02-01-13 21:37 #
Pure Hellspawn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mrthejoshmon

Pure Hellspawn said:
I warned you.

You didn't listen to my warning. You played the worst wad ever.

You have just seen how bad wads can be.

I'm not responsible for anything that happens that may occur as a result of playing it.

EDIT: The only reason I posted this here was because of the bad review DTS-T got. It reminded me of this thing.

It was not THAT bad, strange idea though...

Old Post 02-01-13 21:54 #
Cell

mrthejoshmon said:

It was not THAT bad, strange idea though...

Whatever... quite clever scripting, but way boring.

Old Post 02-01-13 22:09 #
Cell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mrthejoshmon

Cell said:

Whatever... quite clever scripting, but way boring.

wall shooter simulator!

Old Post 02-01-13 22:19 #
Pure Hellspawn
Forum Regular

I should have said No jumping, 7 years ago. lol.

Outta curiousity, why did you get hooked to crappy wads?

Old Post 02-02-13 02:39 #
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

You overstate the case Pure Hellspawn. The map was very creative and original, if the idea overall was underdeveloped. Still a neat wad. I liked it because I could actually dodge the fireballs. I had no jumping on when I played.

Old Post 02-02-13 04:46 #
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

Pure Hellspawn said:

I like to see how bad some maps are myself after being inspired by a number of posters here and Youtubers who play Doom.

Old Post 02-02-13 05:25 #
Cell

mrthejoshmon said:
wall shooter simulator!

Could have been better if a stronger weapon actually had a stronger impact on the Marble Monster, or the traps had a better variety.

Old Post 02-02-13 13:24 #
Cell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mrthejoshmon

Pure Hellspawn said:

Mainly youtubers, however I had developed this addiction on other games to begin with: timesplitters, half life, halo and even minecraft!
but also to mention I do like finding bad games as well, like project geon or that CoD shit... in relation this is starting an idea of mine: 100 worst wads! but THAT means I have to find THE WORST WAD... can't wait...

Old Post 02-02-13 17:19 #
BaronOfStuff

mrthejoshmon said:
I do like finding bad games as well, like project geon

Red Situation will blow your fucking mind.

Old Post 02-02-13 17:33 #
BaronOfStuff is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mrthejoshmon

BaronOfStuff said:

Red Situation will blow your fucking mind.

google tab open...
EDIT: I am now picking up my brains and crawling out of the room...

Last edited by mrthejoshmon on 02-02-13 at 17:50

Old Post 02-02-13 17:38 #
Cell

mrthejoshmon said:
in relation this is starting an idea of mine: 100 worst wads!

I assume JOW.wad can be contributed to those. 32 long, boring, repetitive maps, representing nothing more interesting than the average bear. Meh.

Old Post 02-02-13 17:56 #
mrthejoshmon

Cell said:

I assume JOW.wad can be contributed to those.

it will be a long time until I even begin with it, but this piece of crap just earned a spot!

Old Post 02-02-13 18:11 #
Cell

mrthejoshmon said:

it will be a long time until I even begin with it, but this piece of crap just earned a spot!

It will be an even longer time until you finish it! ;)

Old Post 02-02-13 21:46 #
mrthejoshmon

Cell said:

It will be an even longer time until you finish it! ;)

the first 4 levels set off the shit alarm never mind the other 28!

Old Post 02-02-13 22:54 #
Cell

mrthejoshmon said:

the first 4 levels set off the shit alarm never mind the other 28!

Hahahahaha :D I'd also made my route up to MAP05 when I became bored :D

Old Post 02-02-13 23:10 #
mrthejoshmon

Cell said:

Hahahahaha :D I'd also made my route up to MAP05 when I became bored :D

I have the command: nextmap, now binded to the P key... that says something!

Old Post 02-02-13 23:25 #
Cell

mrthejoshmon said:

I have the command: nextmap, now binded to the P key... that says something!

Oh, now I see. I still use the ZDoom command "MAP MAP**" but I haven't explored anything further.

Old Post 02-02-13 23:42 #
mrthejoshmon

Cell said:

Oh, now I see. I still use the ZDoom command "MAP MAP**" but I haven't explored anything further.

it only gets worse and the last level is extremely half baked... like some sort of destroyed potato!

Old Post 02-02-13 23:54 #
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

Why do Terry (style) Crap Maps make it into the Archives in the first place?

Old Post 02-03-13 01:56 #