Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oxyde

3 heures d'agonie

Hi there,
"3 heures d'agonie" is a collection of 32 new vanilla / limit-removing speedmaps designed by members of the French Doom Community. The general rule was that each map was to be made within a time limit of 3 hours.

All of these maps are very different from each other, considering the amount of authors who took part in their conception, but we made sure that every one of them is enjoyable and full of action. Keep in mind, though, that some of these maps were made with the word "hard" in mind. You've been warned. :)

"3 heures d'agonie"'s project team is :

Project leader :
- JC

Level designers :
- JC
- ZyklonB
- Darkwave0000
- Necrotikflesh
- Impulse
- [WH]-Wilou84
- FranckFRAG
- subject_119
- Oxyde

( Full credits in the archive )

Screenshots : http://superjc.free.fr/autre/photos/3ha/
Download : http://superjc.free.fr/autre/wads/3hafinal.zip

As usual, don't hesitate to post feedback and suggestions, they'll be much appreciated.
Thanks ! :)

Very fun maps, I played the beta that was posted on doomfrance in single player and then with some french guys in ZDaemon, that was cool. Recommended. :)

So can we record demos now or you still might update the wad?

Memfis said:

Very fun maps, I played the beta that was posted on doomfrance in single player and then with some french guys in ZDaemon, that was cool. Recommended. :)

So can we record demos now or you still might update the wad?

Green light my friend! After hours of testing, no game-breaking bugs should be bothering you, feel free to record any gameplay you want. :)

Okay, here we go then. :)

btw, something funny I noticed in the map03 description: "Author comments : Very little map, which ended in a few seconds Smile Adapted for the duel.". Looks like bad copypaste from a forum post? (":)" turns into "Smile")

neat, I wasn't even aware of the french doom community.

fun set of maps, I particularly enjoyed the ones with the HR-vibe. maps 16, 27, 29, and 32 stood out as my favorites.

Played the first five maps, and I have to say that I enjoyed it very much. will continue soon...

cool maps, especially for 3 hours.

I recorded a bunch of fdas then deleted them, lucky for you.
12 is really challenging/fun. 13 too.

Whoo, a French megawad, with Darkwave0000 in it! Playing it immediately. Thankfully Memfis created a demo thread, otherwise I'd have missed this completely.

Ribbiks said:

neat, I wasn't even aware of the french doom community.

fun set of maps, I particularly enjoyed the ones with the HR-vibe. maps 16, 27, 29, and 32 stood out as my favorites.

Did you know there is an officially licensed doom2 iwad in french? The doom wiki only has the iwad file info. There's video of it in action and google can tell you more.

Heh, if I remember correctly only 1 of us had this translated Iwad, and everyone else didn't even know about its existence.

Not too much of a loss though, as some of the translations are really poor ( as said in this thread ), and the original version of Doom ended up to be one of the best English teachers I've ever had. :>

Anyway, glad you guys liked 3ha, and thanks to Memfis & co. for your cool demos. :)

3 hours is a generality :) some maps had a duration of 7 hours of constructions, (map 19 and 29 for example). For my part, I realized my maps of one at 3 hours.

joe-ilya said:

If you look at the readme.exe , then you'll see that the first map took 5 hours to build .

they fail.

If they failed, they failed, they still gave it a shot and the ending result looks amazing judging by the screenshots. Downloading this right now.

I bet nobody died while making those maps, either.

(Agonie isn't agony, but death throes. It's the pain of death; not just intense pain like in English.)

Finished this last night. It was a lot of short, simple fun for the most part. I hated a few levels, and Darkwave's map is incredibly demanding compared to the others, but it's a good, clean package. Thanks!

I completed this megawad , and i noticed a "HOM" in one of the maps , I don't remember which , and the lift had to be pushed twice to reach the top.

I finished this in a couple of afternoons some time ago, not long after this thread was first posted. I generally prefer medium or larger maps, but little bitesized morsels like most of the maps here are make a good change of pace once in a while.

Most of JC's offerings were consistently fun--especially that one in the sewer, and also "RuinTech", where I ended up scoring something like 185% kills off of arch-vile resurrections--and reminded me a lot of Hell Revealed II in a number of ways. Also enjoyed the tough mid-game metal map by Oxyde and the absurd 1024-ish abattoir by William Huber late in the WAD, and Darkwave0000's map was a roomy, expansive, atmospheric bloodbath, just as I've come to expect from him. My real favorites, however, were the genuinely tense scenarios offered up by Necrotikflesh, especially "Abandoned Place", which worked wonders with the use and reuse of that dark warehouse. A nice surprise, as I've never encountered any of his maps before these. On the flipside, most of franckFRAG's tiny 1-3 room offerings were just a little too insubstantial for me to remember them much at all by this point (other than that they were really tiny), and I felt a lot of the concept- or gimmick-based maps by ZyklonB and Datacore were very hit-and-miss. The early map by subject_119 was very obviously a beginner's map, but far from one of the most unpalatable examples of the style I've seen.

There was a goodly amount of fun to be had in those couple of afternoons--pretty good result for what was basically a collection of small speedmaps. Kind of makes me feel like re-mourning the death of Necromantic Thirst, though....since if I'm not mistaken, many of these authors would have had maps therein. But alas, might as well appreciate what we've got, and I'd recommend 3 Heures d'Agonie to most fans of short, sharp blasts.

gameplay was cool. im not a speedrunner. good ideas in it. visually simple but very good looking.