Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Doom SirenSong Project- Mappers & playtesters wanted!

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:04. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dachauncinator
Mini-Member

Here's a nice challenge for you guys. Try making a whole map, based around a single song. I thought since every other project I've seen in the past month or so,(Save perhaps by Slaughterfest) have had some sort of "artistic" twist to it. So I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and start my own similar project. Being the musical person that I am, it was bound to be something like this.
Now for the technical goodies.

========================
Technical Goodness
========================
Port: Zdoom
Maps per mapper: Infinite.
Custom Textures: Allowed
Deadline: Middle of 2014, or when it's finished.

Send maps to: dachauncinator@gmail.com

========================
Music
========================
Music Format: Midi,.mp3, or .ogg
Genre of music: Doesn't matter, but preferably rock/metal.
To resolve the no mp3 rule of idgames, I'll just convert your mp3's to oggs in audacity, so feel free to still send mp3's.

========================
Credits
========================
Mappers:
Dachauncinator
Katamori
sgtdopey

Playtesters:

========================
Maps
========================

(Will be added as they're finished.)

Last edited by dachauncinator on 01-27-13 at 23:21

Old Post 01-27-13 20:02 #
dachauncinator is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
walter confalonieri

oh, something similar to the mapping by music challenge on zdoom forums some time ago... looks interesting (like many other million projects i'm in...)

Old Post 01-27-13 21:15 #
walter confalonieri is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Katamori
Forum Staple

The rules of /idgames doesn't allow to upload WADs that contains .mp3 files. We should use .ogg instead.

Anyway, add me to mappers, I already know a perfect song to it for a while.

Claustrophobia: Cybertown project thread

Old Post 01-27-13 22:54 #
Katamori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
sgt dopey

I'm up for this

Old Post 01-27-13 23:14 #
sgt dopey is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Khorus
Strife!

Katamori said:
The rules of /idgames doesn't allow to upload WADs that contains .mp3 files.

While I haven't looked at the wording, I'm fairly sure that's referring to copyrighted material being used without permission, rather than the compression format.

Old Post 01-27-13 23:25 #
Khorus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Katamori
Forum Staple

Khorus: oh, yes, you are right. I just read the full text:

Bloodshedder said in /newstuff and /idgames FAQ:

What will be rejected?
[...]
MP3s/OGGs in WADs, unless it can be verified that the creation is original, and ideally is intended for the specific WAD file.

Old Post 01-27-13 23:37 #
Katamori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
dachauncinator
Mini-Member

I think I'll release two different versions of the wad, one with the mp3 versions of the songs, one with the midi versions.

Old Post 01-28-13 00:56 #
dachauncinator is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
walter confalonieri

just a think i've got in mind: why this projects doesn't use even .mod, .xm, .s3m and .it audio files over the other zdoom audio compatible files?

Old Post 01-29-13 00:14 #
walter confalonieri is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
dachauncinator
Mini-Member

walter confalonieri said:
just a think i've got in mind: why this projects doesn't use even .mod, .xm, .s3m and .it audio files over the other zdoom audio compatible files?

Because, at least to my knowledge, those are quite a bit obscure.

Old Post 01-30-13 03:42 #
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Well, they work in ZDoom. :)

Old Post 01-30-13 13:58 #
Memfis is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
sgt dopey

I've figured out the song and idea to use and I'm going to get started on my map tomorrow.
Spoiler:
Its going to be based on/around Fear Factory : Designing the Enemy if anyone wants to know

Last edited by sgt dopey on 02-04-13 at 11:50

Old Post 02-01-13 10:58 #
sgt dopey is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
dachauncinator
Mini-Member

I'm going to do the following three songs:
Disarm-Smashing Pumpkins
33-Smashing Pumpkins
Moist Vagina-Nirvana

The last one will be intresting...

Old Post 02-14-13 00:25 #