Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Having issues getting a wad to show up. Please help.

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:23. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Superrpgman
Warming Up

I'll get straight to it

First of all, I'm using GZDoom, and I have every Doom game and then some, minus the recent BFG edition.

Anyways, for some reason I can't seem to get IWADs to show up in the list.

For example, I downloaded this level:

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=502

and put everything in the IWAD Folder, but it's not selectable from the list when I try to start gzdoom.

Any ideas people?

Thank you for your time.

Old Post 01-31-13 07:11 #
Superrpgman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rsl
Mini-Member

Provided that you have a directory /GZDOOM with the .exe _and_ the IWADs in it, by default the port should ask you which IWAD to use when you start the game.
Otherwise, provided that - for example - you have a generic "custompwad.wad" for DOOM ][ in the same directory, use the following command line:

code:
gzdoom.exe -iwad DOOM2.wad -file custompwad.wad

Old Post 01-31-13 07:29 #
rsl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Assuming you've extracted ACHERON.WAD from its zip file - drag-n-drop it onto GZDoom.exe, select Ultimate Doom when prompted for an IWAD and use the cheat code IDCLEV13 to jump to the map (it's E1M3).

Old Post 01-31-13 07:31 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Superrpgman
Warming Up

gzdoom is an unknown command, as is the chear code. It's very odd.

Old Post 01-31-13 07:42 #
Superrpgman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost

Superrpgman said:
gzdoom is an unknown command
You're probably attempting to run GZDoom from outside its folder. If it's in the same folder as your IWADs and you're running Vista or Win7 - hold down a Shift key and right-click on that folder, select "Open command window here" from the context menu and type the following at the command prompt -
code:
gzdoom.exe -iwad doom.wad -file acheron.wad -warp 1 3
That'll take you straight to the map, the "-warp 1 3" option serves the same purpose as the cheat code.

as is the chear code.
It has to be entered while GZDoom is running.

Old Post 01-31-13 09:31 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez

Superrpgman said:
and put everything in the IWAD Folder, but it's not selectable from the list when I try to start gzdoom.

Because it's not an IWAD, because it is not a game.

http://zdoom.org/wiki/IWAD_selection_box
http://zdoom.org/wiki/Installation_...cution_of_ZDoom
http://doomwiki.org/wiki/IWAD
http://doomwiki.org/wiki/PWAD

Old Post 01-31-13 10:42 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Superrpgman
Warming Up

You know what? when you say command, you don't actually mean console command, like I thought you did, right?

Please, tell me what you mean by command, and where exactly I put thest commands.

Old Post 01-31-13 16:00 #
rsl
Mini-Member

We're meaning CMD commands - those you can type in the MS-DOS like Command Prompt you get by doing what GreyGhost said. :-)

Old Post 01-31-13 16:07 #
rsl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
aldiboronti

The simplest way is to put a shortcut to gzdoom (that's the gzdoom.exe file in your gzdoom folder) on to your desktop then drag and drop any pwad that you want to play on to the shortcut. Gzdoom will ask which iwad you wish to use, eg Ultimate Doom or Doom 2. Select the correct one for the map or wad you wish to play and off you go.

Old Post 01-31-13 17:10 #
aldiboronti is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Superrpgman
Warming Up

And I got it to work. Thanks people!

Edit: Beat Acheron, moving onto Aliens TC

Last edited by Superrpgman on 01-31-13 at 23:19

Old Post 01-31-13 22:24 #