Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > End bosses

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:30. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Vegeta
I don't "POST WAREZ, POST WAREZ!" anymore

What's the best new end boss you have seen in a pwad?

Old Post 03-31-02 18:59 #
Vegeta is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Millennium :D

Old Post 03-31-02 21:17 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vegeta

Yes, but a downloadable one?

Archvile, do you know a place to download The Lost Episodes of DOOM book? I have the levels but I'd like so much to read the book.
Does the original disk includes a doc/txt copy of it?

Old Post 03-31-02 22:57 #
Vegeta is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geekmarine

You have a copy of the levels? Could you send them to me? I'm a rabid fan of all things Doom, especially old things, and I must have a copy. Please send it to weirdguy@zeldaclassic.com thank you if you can. God, I drool just thinking about getting ahold of a copy of the Lost Episodes.

Old Post 04-01-02 01:18 #
geekmarine is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zro

Originally posted by Archvile64

So what will it be like? The worst boss i've encountered in any FPS is Korax.

The Links:
IWADs
S o u r c e ports
maps
tools
Frontend
Editor

Old Post 04-02-02 15:33 #
Zro is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

Originally posted by Archvile64

Hah, thanks.

Old Post 04-02-02 21:22 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Originally posted by Vegeta
Yes, but a downloadable one?

Archvile, do you know a place to download The Lost Episodes of DOOM book? I have the levels but I'd like so much to read the book.
Does the original disk includes a doc/txt copy of it?

Well, the book came with the game. As for an on-line version, I really don't know of one. Don't worry, the levels aren't that difficult, the book really doesn't do anything but rehash stuff you already know plus give a few lame walkthroughs.

Old Post 04-03-02 21:03 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vegeta

Thanks,
Yes, the levels aren't that dificult, they're quite easy,I just were wandering if the book includes some special stories for each one.

Oh, Korax is one of the best end bosses I have seen, I love his special powers.
The worst and most pathetic end boss, I think is Shub-Niggurat.

Old Post 04-03-02 21:19 #
ArchonCyberdemon

Yeah, I have to agree, Shub was the most pathetic endbosses. Korax is one of the better endbosses, especially if one knows how to manipulate his ability to activate scripts and teleport around, and the same goes for D'Sparil with teleporting also.

Old Post 04-03-02 22:49 #
ArchonCyberdemon is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

YOU ARE ALL WRONG

NIHILANTH IS THE WORST BOSS EVER

HE'S A FUCKING BABY

WHO TELEPORTS YOU TO AREAS WITH JUMPING PUZZLES

INSTEAD OF FIGHTING YOU

THAT IS WRONG ON SO MANY LEVELS

Old Post 04-04-02 02:45 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ArchonCyberdemon

Ick... I guess that does make him the worst endboss, but I've never fought Nihilanth before, so I'll still have to go with Shub. Sorry, Liam.

Old Post 04-04-02 03:25 #
ArchonCyberdemon is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag

Vegeta said:
Thanks,
Yes, the levels aren't that dificult, they're quite easy,I just were wandering if the book includes some special stories for each one.

Special stories, eh?

Well...something along the lines of..."You wake up after floating in a deep sleep through space. You get a distress call. Uh-oh. Demons on the Jovian moons of Io and Callisto. Time to go fight."

Old Post 04-04-02 03:30 #
LordTrasher

Worst End Boss: Xaero (Q3A). He's just a uber-bot. Big woop.

Old Post 04-18-02 12:26 #
LordTrasher is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

I didn't know there was such a thing as a boss in Q3A.

BTW Korax rules, even if he doesn't have that much HP.

Old Post 04-18-02 12:46 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
LordTrasher

At the end of the single player tournament in Q3A, you fight a cyber-monk guy named Xaero. He's pretty much an ordinary bot with maximum everything in his bot file. Pretty annoying, when he dodges all your plasma blasts, then nails you with a rail shot from about 55 feet away. However, there's a few AI quirks, so you still get a few advantages over him...

Old Post 04-19-02 11:35 #
LordTrasher is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Insomniak
Doesn't Sleep!

Mortimer McMire

'nuff said

Old Post 04-19-02 11:51 #
Insomniak is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleister

I think the one of the worse bosses is Tchornibog from Blood. He goes down in 2 Shotgun Akimbo hits

Old Post 05-12-02 22:13 #
Aleister is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pilottobombadier
Stained Class King

Hmm...I didn't think Korax was as much of a bitch as Jerec from Jedi Knight...but, I haven't fought the six-armed prick for awhile. Other than that...I dunno.

Old Post 05-13-02 02:29 #
pilottobombadier is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote