User Profile | New Blog | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | Member List | Search Forums | Register | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Morons > Post Hell > Sin tower, my second doom wad.

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:05.   
Dialgaofpower
Warming Up

Here's another wad for you doom episode 2 fanboys and fangirls!

SIN TOWER AKA TOWER OF SIN!

What happens when you E2M8 from doom episode 2 and Icon of Sin from doom 2 only episode and put them in a blender? Well, you get THIS WAD. Based on the tower of babel, I made THIS! This was the main construcion site for the Icon of Sin, and was later moved to hell.

STORY:
The Icon of Sin was intended to be an invicible hellspawn, and after it's completion, the devil possessed it, giving the Icon of Sin life. This however, also resulted in its weak point. the only thing the icon of sin could do now that it was weakened by other marines was spawn monsters. But in the past, IT WAS ALMOST COMPLETELY INVINCIBLE! But from the battles it suffered, It got weaker over time, making the Icon of Sin WAAAAAAAAAAY easier. now all it could do was sapwn monsters, but not cyberdemons or spider masterminds, because the spawning feature was weakened TOO!

Anyway, Here's the link:
link removed for warez

This wad only covers E2M8 of doom or the ultimate doom.

Last edited by esselfortium on 02-03-13 at 07:00

Old Post 02-03-13 00:34
Dialgaofpower is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BloodyAcid

11mb? Wow. I wonder why?

Maybe it's because you included the ENTIRE DOOM 1 IWAD onto it. Please remove the link immediately and upload a new one.

When making a map, use "save map as" instead of "save map into."

Old Post 02-03-13 00:37
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mrthejoshmon

You have LITERALLY juts added a lift at the start of the tower of babel, added some hellish flesh and guts textures... it can also be seen that this is an edited IWAD file, some of the textures have even not been replaced and this is actually illegal! XWE shows that all of dooms files are still there! advice: create the map in doombuilder using the map number E2M8 and recreate it without just editing the IWAD file!

Old Post 02-03-13 00:45
mrthejoshmon is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dialgaofpower
Warming Up

I DID use "save map as" instead of "into". I based it on the tower of babel, Messed with the textures, and edited an elevator into the tower. The next part of this will be covering E3M8. Dis Is also the bottom of the tower of sin. And I CLEARLY SAID IN MY POST THAT IT ONLY COVERS E2M8!

Old Post 02-03-13 00:45
Dialgaofpower is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dialgaofpower
Warming Up

mrthejoshmon said:
You have LITERALLY juts added a lift at the start of the tower of babel, added some hellish flesh and guts textures... it can also be seen that this is an edited IWAD file, some of the textures have even not been replaced and this is actually illegal! XWE shows that all of dooms files are still there! advice: create the map in doombuilder using the map number E2M8 and recreate it without just editing the IWAD file!

How is THAT Against the law? it is literally BASED on the tower of babel, edited a little, not a BLATANT COPY! BESIDES, the cops wouldn't EVER waste their time by playing some DOOM wad, now would they? Sure, I COULD make an entire WAD, but that consumes a crapload of time!

Old Post 02-03-13 00:50
mrthejoshmon

Dialgaofpower said:

How is THAT Against the law?

you have left the data, maps, scripts basically EVERYTHING! you have effectively copied the ENTIRE game and posted a download for it... that is piracy!

Dialgaofpower said:

BESIDES, the cops wouldn't EVER waste their time by playing some DOOM wad

no, but a moderator will...

Last edited by mrthejoshmon on 02-03-13 at 00:57

Old Post 02-03-13 00:52
mrthejoshmon is offline Profile || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dialgaofpower
Warming Up

mrthejoshmon said:

you have left the data, maps, scripts basically EVERYTHING! you have effectively copied the ENTIRE game and posted a download for it... that is piracy!

THERE! REMOVED! THE END!

Old Post 02-03-13 00:57
mrthejoshmon

Dialgaofpower said:

THERE! REMOVED! THE END!

I was only warning you! if this had exposure it would NOT end well for you!

Old Post 02-03-13 00:59
NiTROACTiVE
Forum Regular

I just played this map and it sucked. It was just a hack of E2M8 that had a elevator in the beginning and changed textures. I don't like maps like this because they are plagiarizing id Software's maps. If you were to fall off of the elevator while it was lifting then you wouldn't be able to get back up. I also found this little mistake here:

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/2569/screenshotdoom201302021.png

I also just realized that you edited the Doom 1 IWAD and replaced E2M8 with your hack map which is piracy.

Dialgaofpower said:
Sure, I COULD make an entire WAD, but that consumes a crapload of time!
It won't take you a "crapload of time". All you had to do was select "Save As" and make a different name out of it instead of just hitting "Save" or "Save Map Into". If you want, I can upload the correct version without the infringing files.

Old Post 02-03-13 01:22
NiTROACTiVE is offline Profile || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

NiTROACTiVE said:
If you want, I can upload the correct version without the infringing files.
Please do anyway, I could do with a good laugh.

Old Post 02-03-13 06:29
GreyGhost is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiTROACTiVE
Forum Regular

GreyGhost said:
Please do anyway, I could do with a good laugh.
Well alright, here's the fixed version without the infringing files:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jnx5ls3b5rd3bk3

Old Post 02-03-13 06:40
NiTROACTiVE is offline Profile || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
LittleTemple

Not to be an ass but, damn! I thought my design for Dimensions MAP06 "Shadow Keep" was bad =P

This guy can't be serious... can he?

Why did I even bother posting at all? Oh well

Old Post 02-03-13 09:20
LittleTemple is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BaronOfStuff

Well that was shit.

Old Post 02-03-13 12:53
BaronOfStuff is offline Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hex11

It's not that bad, I mean it's effectively a retextured E2M8 with a lift at the start. It would take a lot of work to really make that into a bad map. I'm sure it could be done, but apart from the "fall off lift" thing, there's no show-stopper bug here, and only some minor tutti-fruti and a couple misaligned textures.

OTOH, it's just not very original. Also, play this:
http://doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=16605
:-)

Old Post 02-03-13 13:06
hex11 is offline Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MajorRawne

Why would I play what sounds like a re-textured Tower of Babel?

Old Post 02-03-13 13:15
MajorRawne is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost

It has an elevator! Go on, you know you want to.

Old Post 02-03-13 14:07
GreyGhost is offline Profile || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez

GreyGhost said:
It has an elevator! Go on, you know you want to.

What happened to REOL Fiffy?

Old Post 02-03-13 14:31
Gez is offline Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hex11

Modified IWAD maps can be fun sometimes. Some of the older edits that add cyberdemons and crazy stuff like nukage all over the place on E1M1 are worth a play through.

This particular map could use a bit more changes before it actually becomes interesting. LIke, at least make the tower into an actual tower, or something cool. Just the elevator alone doesn't cut it.

Texture changes can be fun though. I just played the first couple maps of plutonia.wad converted to DOOM with dm2conv.exe. Gone are all the chaingunner and revenants, but there's barons and sergeants all over the place. And the jungle textures are now TEK* and other replacements. It looks weird, and a bit alien-like.

Old Post 02-03-13 16:40
hex11 is offline Profile || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Netherstorm

Gez said:
What happened to REOL Fiffy?

He got tired of doom I guess.

Old Post 02-03-13 18:21
Netherstorm is offline Profile || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote