Icon of Sin / Baphomet
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > How do you use the Bestiary from the Realm667?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:10. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
D00mfan
Warming Up

Whenever I try loading the monsters into GZdoom, they don't replace any of the enemies in the levels , I can only summon them.

Old Post 02-03-13 22:42 #
D00mfan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Springy

That's because none of them have code to replace a monster in the decorate code. For example you would have actor grell replaces zombieman 5006 on the top line. Most of them I assume (well from what I've seen) don't use the replaces function.

EDIT (sorry forgot to tell you how you can do this): If you would like the monster to replace a monster in the game you can edit the code with a program such as Slade 3 or SlumpED here is a link to Slade 3 http://slade.mancubus.net/ and here's one for SlumpED http://slumped.mancubus.net/index.php?page=downloads bear in mind though Slade 3 is a more up-to-date SlumpED and the latter isn't updated anymore. Load the wad file into your chosen editor and edit the top line to include: replaces zombieman (or any monster of your choice).

Last edited by Springy on 02-03-13 at 22:55

Old Post 02-03-13 22:47 #
Springy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

The Realm667 monsters are mostly for mapmakers to use in their maps, so they don't usually replace the stock monsters. There are some wads out there that replace stock monsters and weapons fortunately: Scalliano's Realm667 Shuffle is probably your best bet.

Old Post 02-03-13 22:59 #
Obsidian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Springy

Obsidian said:
The Realm667 monsters are mostly for mapmakers to use in their maps, so they don't usually replace the stock monsters. There are some wads out there that replace stock monsters and weapons fortunately: Scalliano's Realm667 Shuffle is probably your best bet.

I completely forgot about Scallianos' Shuffle Mod. Thanks for reminding me about that. It probably would've been easier to have mentioned that instead of just me thinking the beginner's decorate way.

Old Post 02-03-13 23:01 #
Springy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
D00mfan
Warming Up

Ok Thanks guys.

Old Post 02-03-13 23:03 #
D00mfan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
scalliano
This door is opened elsewhere...

Springy said:
I completely forgot about Scallianos' Shuffle Mod. Thanks for reminding me about that. It probably would've been easier to have mentioned that instead of just me thinking the beginner's decorate way.

That's getting an update soon, BTW ;)

Old Post 02-04-13 01:06 #
scalliano is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Nems
I don't know how to use the [img] tag

scalliano said:

That's getting an update soon, BTW ;)

:D

I look forward to this.

Old Post 02-04-13 02:44 #
Nems is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote