Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > font from Elysion.wad?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 15:29. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Memfis
Forum Spammer

I like this texture from Elysion:
http://thumb2.wuala.com/previewImage/kuchitsu/Doom_PIC/0WELCOME.png

Can anyone tell me what that font is called? I'm making a map that will require barrelrunnung to reach the exit, so I want to make a similar texture that will explain the trick.

Old Post 02-14-13 16:31 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
scifista42

I cannot help you at searching for a font, but... why don't you just rip it from this texture you posted? You only need to export the texture in .png format (SLADE3 allows that), then edit in Photoshop or any of its freeware counterpart, and use to create your own texture?
That's what I would do on your position. Or I can actually do it for you if you want :D

Old Post 02-14-13 19:51 #
scifista42 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Green Herring
Community Chest 4 Leader

That's the "DeepZ" typeface used in Knee-Deep in ZDoom. You can download it on this page from the WAD's official website.

Get Community Chest 4 here!

Old Post 02-14-13 20:00 #
The Green Herring is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Thanks a lot TGH, using that file is a lot easier than doing what scifista suggested. :)

Old Post 02-14-13 22:20 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gggmork
If you can make any sense of this post, congratulations

You can "wall run" on any thing I'm pretty sure, but doing it mid air is a pretty cool idea. Like I've run on a row of mancubuses or something before. Try trees/lamps/whatever.

Old Post 02-14-13 23:00 #
gggmork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Yeah I know, but my plan is to make indestructable pushable barrels that you'll have to bring to the exit area and form a wall of some sorts. :) Then barrelrun on them. Just trying to think of some interesting tasks for the player (not "find a key to open this door").

Old Post 02-15-13 00:01 #
Ribbiks

Memfis said:
my plan is to make indestructable pushable barrels that you'll have to bring to the exit area and form a wall of some sorts. :) Then barrelrun on them.

that's sounds awesome actually, godspeed! :)

Old Post 02-15-13 00:07 #
Ribbiks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote