Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Heretic dw new effects

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:57. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
pionetr123
Warming Up

http://youtu.be/NtWKjwipUno

Old Post 02-16-13 16:00 #
pionetr123 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
schwerpunk

My toilet suddenly seems to flush with a lot less gravitas.

EDIT: I like the barred lift - that must be ACS scripting, right?

Old Post 02-16-13 16:07 #
schwerpunk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

If you're doing that to learn how ACS works, it's great; but for actual maps I strongly discourage use of any kind of effects where you have to wait until something you don't see has stopped moving, so that something else you don't see starts moving in its turn, and then when that other thing has finished the door opens slowly, and then you repeat that to close the door and the lift starts moving slowly to its destination and the whole shebang has to be restarted to get out of the lift this time.

It's the death of gameplay. You want the player to be active most of the time, not forced to wait until the game stops playing with itself.

Old Post 02-16-13 17:51 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pionetr123
Warming Up

In the mechanism of the map

Old Post 02-21-13 09:49 #
pionetr123 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote