Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Songs of Epic 2

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:52. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
Forum Regular

I been maxing on Epic 2. I like this wad, I also like the music. I wonder what are the music used in each level of this map.

So far music I know:

Map06, Map07, Map17(But not sure about the name), Map18, Map21

九泉底下十徘徊,奈何橋上恨正長
腸百折,愁千縷,萬般無奈把心傷 - 袁樂梅(「梅花三弄之」岳翎的角色)

我是中華民國的台灣人! I am Taiwanese of Republic of China(ROC)!!!

Last edited by Daiyu_Xiaoxiang on 02-19-13 at 04:07

Old Post 02-18-13 18:59 #
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cannonball

Some I know
Map02 - "Dungeon (No 21)" from Daggerfall
Map16 - Opening theme from Total Recall (original film with arnold schwarzenegger)
Map19 - Dark Groove from Jazz Jackrabbit 2 (I think though it seems different to the music in the game)
Map21 - final fantasy xii eruyt village theme
Map22 - Metroid Fusion - Frozen in Time

Oh if someone knows the music in Map12 it would be very handy as I used that track in one of my maps for sf2012.

Old Post 02-18-13 19:19 #
cannonball is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomhuntress
Forum Regular

cannonball said:
Oh if someone knows the music in Map12 it would be very handy as I used that track in one of my maps for sf2012. [/B]

the first level when you're aboard the alien ship? it's a track from TNT's Daedalus, as well as the level preceding that one (map 12's track is when you're entering the first portal hub in Daedalus, in logical progression sense that'd be map 2.)

map 04 is from the first level of Brotherhood of Ruin, composed by, i think, Paul Corfiatis.
map 05 is Magus Theme from Chrono Trigger.
map 06 is a track from Duke Nukem 3D. not sure what level, but it is from the second episode.
map 11 is the Intermission theme from Daedalus.
map 13 is a track from Equinox, but i don't think it's an original track but taken from another game.
map 14 is from Hexen, the song that plays in Darkmere.

that's from the top of my head, anyway.

Old Post 02-18-13 20:04 #
Doomhuntress is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

cannonball said:
Map21 - final fantasy xii eruyt village theme

Now I know where you found that MIDI :P

map 06 is a track from Duke Nukem 3D. not sure what level, but it is from the second episode.

Gut Wrencher, used in E2L3: Warp Factor. Bitch of a level for me.

This list though incomplete, may provide some more. Infact I should probably add this new information to the list.

Old Post 02-18-13 20:13 #
Eris Falling is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

cannonball said:
Some I know
Map02 - "Dungeon (No 21)" from Daggerfall

That's MAP01. MAP02 uses a song from Blood.

http://doomwiki.org/wiki/Epic_2#Soundtrack

MAP13 is also originally from Daggerfall (from the Daggerfall demo, more precisely -- I think it didn't make it into the final game) but was heavily modified.

Last edited by Gez on 02-18-13 at 22:14

Old Post 02-18-13 22:08 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Although the text file lists Heroes 2 and Eternal Doom as MIDI sources, none of the songs in Epic 2 come from these two mods.

map08 is from Eternal Doom actually

Old Post 02-18-13 22:17 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cannonball

Gez said:

That's MAP01. MAP02 uses a song from Blood.

http://doomwiki.org/wiki/Epic_2#Soundtrack

MAP13 is also originally from Daggerfall (from the Daggerfall demo, more precisely -- I think it didn't make it into the final game) but was heavily modified.

Yeah I realised I made a typo when I went out to bowling, hence unedited post.

@Eris falling, maybe that wad, it's also used in Speed of Doom for map19
Pointless fact alert :P

Old Post 02-18-13 22:29 #
cannonball is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
Forum Regular

The music of SOD Map19 is the same as Map21, from Final Fantasy 4. Anyway thanks for some of the songs. Ah there's not much difference of the song of Map19 in the game. And the music of Map07 is actually the same as Death Tormention 3 E4M2.

九泉底下十徘徊,奈何橋上恨正長

Old Post 02-19-13 04:12 #
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez

Memfis said:
map08 is from Eternal Doom actually

You're right, however it has been modified slightly, not sure how. (Epic2 D_DDTBLU: 10139 bytes; Eternall D_STALKS3: 10137 bytes.)

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:
And the music of Map07 is actually the same as Death Tormention 3 E4M2.

No. Epic 2's D_SHAWN (MAP07) is very different from DT3's D_E3M2 (E4M2 shares the same music slot as E3M2). However, DT3's D_E3M2 is the same as Twilight Zone 2's D_BETWEE (MAP04).

Old Post 02-19-13 16:14 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cannonball

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:
The music of SOD Map19 is the same as Map21, from Final Fantasy 4. Anyway thanks for some of the songs. Ah there's not much difference of the song of Map19 in the game. And the music of Map07 is actually the same as Death Tormention 3 E4M2.

Ah, I'm not sure what's going on here (final fantasy confusion very likely) Maybe it's labelled differently in your country
heres a youtube video of the song in question
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOAD58HCB-c
Map07 is E4M3 from Death Tormention 2 btw

Old Post 02-19-13 17:56 #
Gez

Doomhuntress said:
map 14 is from Hexen, the song that plays in Darkmere.

If it is, it has been heavily modified. D_DDTBL2 from Epic 2 sounds very different from SWAMPR from Hexen when I listen to both in SLADE 3...
Also, D_DDTBL2: 6338 bytes; SWAMPR: 6357 bytes.

Edit: Bingo, it's not from Hexen, it's from Hexen 2. It's a mus conversion of EGYP2.MID.

Remain to be identified:
MAP03 (D_COUNTD)
MAP09 (D_IN_CIT)
MAP15 (D_RUNNI2)
MAP18 (D_ROMERO) -- the MUS track, not the OGG track named D_ROMER_
MAP20 (D_MESSAG)
MAP23 (D_AMPIE)
MAP25 (D_ADRIAN)
MAP26 (D_MESSG2)
MAP30 (D_OPENIN)
MAP32 (D_ULTIMA)
Intermission music (D_INTER)

Last edited by Gez on 02-19-13 at 21:28

Old Post 02-19-13 19:05 #
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
Forum Regular

cannonball said:

Ah, I'm not sure what's going on here (final fantasy confusion very likely) Maybe it's labelled differently in your country
heres a youtube video of the song in question
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOAD58HCB-c
Map07 is E4M3 from Death Tormention 2 btw

Ah my mistake of Death Tormention 2 music. I just remember E4M2 is that map with cacos playing hide-and-seek.

As for Final Fantasy in my country, I am not really sure as most Taiwanese play LOL instead.

九泉底下十徘徊,奈何橋上恨正長

Old Post 02-20-13 03:57 #
cannonball

Other map18 music - xenogears (knight of fire - boss battle music)

Old Post 02-20-13 06:11 #
Gez

Alright, thanks. 26 done, 10 to go. :)

Old Post 02-21-13 02:16 #
Urban Space Cowboy

Gez said:
MAP26 (D_MESSG2)
Opening titles from Francis Ford Coppola's Bram Stoker's Dracula. I found this out because I flipped past the movie starting on TV recently and thought, "Where have I heard that music before?!"

Intermission music (D_INTER)
...doesn't exist :). Unless you mean D_DM2INT which is "Gazz!" from Rise of the Triad.

Old Post 02-21-13 03:08 #
Urban Space Cowboy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Crusader No Regret

Map 23 uses a midi version of "Legendary Beast" from Final Fantasy 8. I haven't checked for sequencer information at this time.

Old Post 03-02-13 00:49 #
Crusader No Regret is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote