Find results that contain...
Find results in...
C30N9

Go # It - TESTERS NEEDED!

Olympus said:

Map name: go control it (working title)
Map inspiration: E1M4

Glad the map limit was removed :)

Go Control It is already used. Go Command It?

Map's name: Go Blow It
Map's inspiration: - TNT map30 and other TNT maps

Also can we choose our own music, because i would really like to add Last Call's theme to my map

JP54 said:

Map's name: Go Blow It
Map's inspiration: - TNT map30 and other TNT maps

Also can we choose our own music, because i would really like to add Last Call's theme to my map

A remix of Last Call will be added to your map. Same theme anyway.

Go End It.

Map29 of Doom2

Thatll be a fun one to build from scratch... Depending on Time frame I may or may not do it.

C30N9 said:

Go Control It is already used. Go Command It?

Derp.

But ya go command it sounds good.

Underhalls remake coming along nicely :)

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/9504/underhall.jpg

Also, Does anyone else think it's a good idea to put these maps as "in order" as possible, but disregarding IWAD? So say, for example, I'm doing map02 of Doom2, so my slot would be 02. But if someone did e1m1, their map would be before mine. Does anyone else think this is a good idea? I just noticed it's scrated off in the first post. I think players would feel a more logical progression of the maps this way.

Im srry but i want to change my map, the abandoned mines is to big, and i feel i will make a slaughter map, i prefer the map E1M8, it has a tempting space O.o

@Doomkid92: Nice picture. But don't make an exact copy of the map, make several changes to areas and add new areas.

@Joseph Lord: I changed your map, you might wanna change the name "Go Dig It" too to fit your map. Post screenshots of the map's progress so we can see how you're going. :)

Don't worry, this thing plays (and looks) a lot different from the real underhalls. There's still more to come, but it's certainly been given "Go 2 It" treatment :)

C30N9 said:

Artists are also welcome.

By the way, does this mean that the use of custom textures is permitted? I wouldn't mind finishing a map that uses CC4 textures.

Eris Falling said:

By the way, does this mean that the use of custom textures is permitted? I wouldn't mind finishing a map that uses CC4 textures.

No, we should stay at Plutonia theme.
By artists, I meant who wants to make a title picture, intermission screen, etc...

@Plut: Nice pictures.

Screenshots from my map.

I am not sure how I can cope with the current name of the map. Probably gonna change it on some point, if it doesn't turn out as I would like.

Here's my submission to this project

Despite the name this map ain't no joke, there are nearly 700 enemies, with a total of 17 cyberdemons.

It uses parts from:

-Last Call
-System Control
-Human BBQ
-Entryway
-Balistyx

This was only tested with vanilla doom so i had some trouble keeping inside the limits of the game engine but it works flawlessly with the exception of the sprite limit beeing reached occasionaly.

Screenshots
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/JP-54/Doom/GBI/doom00.jpg
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/JP-54/Doom/GBI/doom01.jpg
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/JP-54/Doom/GBI/doom02.jpg
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/JP-54/Doom/GBI/doom03.jpg
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/JP-54/Doom/GBI/doom04.jpg
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/JP-54/Doom/GBI/doom05.jpg
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/JP-54/Doom/GBI/doom07.jpg

i added 3 small textures that are absolutely essential to the map. they are visible on the screenshots.

JP54 said:

Here's my submission to this project

Despite the name this map ain't no joke, there are nearly 700 enemies, with a total of 17 cyberdemons.

It uses parts from:

-Last Call
-System Control
-Human BBQ
-Entryway
-Balistyx

This was only tested with vanilla doom so i had some trouble keeping inside the limits of the game engine but it works flawlessly with the exception of the sprite limit beeing reached occasionaly.

Wow, that's a pretty big number. The screenshots look great, but I noticed that you're using custom textures. I'm sorry to tell you that I'm not supporting custom textures for this project, so try to find a replacement for those textures.

Sounds like the map is nearly unbeatable. The map will be put in a late slot due to its high difficulty. If you could shrink the map a little, that would be appreciated to ensure vanilla limits (other than sprite limits) and make the map a bit easier.

But I still didn't play it, I'll check it tomorrow.

C30N9 said:

Wow, that's a pretty big number. The screenshots look great, but I noticed that you're using custom textures. I'm sorry to tell you that I'm not supporting custom textures for this project, so try to find a replacement for those textures.

Sounds like the map is nearly unbeatable. The map will be put in a late slot due to its high difficulty. If you could shrink the map a little, that would be appreciated to ensure vanilla limits (other than sprite limits) and make the map a bit easier.

But I still didn't play it, I'll check it tomorrow.

Ok i might have exagerated a bit. The number of enemies is now about 560, i've also removed some archviles, spiderdemons and cyberdemons from the lower difficulties, added a megasfere and some extra ammo.
The map is considerabily more manageable now. I´ve also removed all the custom textures, i had to be a bit creative with that plunger texture at the end but it worked out just fine.

A HUGE expansion on the original. Click to enlarge.

Area is still WIP, and I'm not sure on how to tackle the centre. Also needs some pillars.

BaronOfStuff said:

These vanilla-compat restrictions are killing me:

A second after this was taken, I was hit by a visplane overflow.

download the Visplane Explorer from the DoomBuilder 2 plugins page. I found it extremely usefull because it will tell you exactly the areas of the map were the static limits will be reached. just don't forget before you run the test to open all the doors and barriers on your map, this will be the worst case scenario were most areas of the map will be visible.

ChaingunnerX said:

Map's name: Go Anomaly It

Fuck. i Arrived here very late, so im gonna call my map go "transmute" it.
Screenshots for tomorrow :)

JP54 said:

Just don't forget before you run the test to open all the doors and barriers on your map, this will be the worst case scenario were most areas of the map will be visible.

Chocorenderlimits would be more useful

BaronOfStuff said:

These vanilla-compat restrictions are killing me:
A second after this was taken, I was hit by a visplane overflow.

The visplane overflows are seriously killing me... It's really a struggle to make it any more minimalistic than this and still look good. I'm stunned that it happened in my map, there aren't that many sectors.

Also, dissappearing objects.. So many issues with DOS Doom, as amazing as it is. Many corners to be cut, but it can be done!

I worked around it by blocking areas off. Then I fucked around with some detailing, and for whatever reason previously problematic areas were completely fine according to the VisplaneExplorer.

I was just about ready to eat my screen out of confusion and contempt.