Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
C30N9

Go # It - TESTERS NEEDED!

ChaingunnerX: Looks great, but try changing STARTAN and some other textures to Plutonia ones, these looks a bit away from Plutonia's theme. ;)

Map is nearly finished.

C30N9, as we talked about earlier, would you be able to assist me in retexturing my map to be a bit more plutonia-esque? I'm doing a really crappy job of it.. I can send you my changes if you'd like, but I think someone else might pull it off better just starting from the version I sent you. I shouldn't have used so many Doom2 textures.. D'oh!

Joseph Lord: Nice shots, looking forward to your map.

Doomkid92: Not a problem, I'll be glad to help you. I'll be using the version you sent me.

I don't think that I'm going to finish my map, I ran out of ideas and I barely map nowdays so someone else can take my slot.

Alrighty, I've tweaked a few things in my map, trying to make the texturing more Plutonia like. I'm not done, but I'll send it your way soon, and if you've also been working on it, I can simply fuse the best bits of both maps.

How's everyone else going?

C30N9, please change my map properties:

Inspiration - Plutonia MAP07
Map name - Go Walk It

Can I just put a plea at there right now to Philnemba? If you change the map name from Go Crate It to Go Box It, that would make me absurdly happy. I think it has a much nicer ring to it.

Plut said:

Can I take a MAP07 slot for my map?

We'll see after your map is finished. ;)

C30N9 said:

We'll see after your map is finished. ;)

I asked about it because I intend to use MAP07 666 tag :) . So can I map on this slot for this purpose?

Plut said:

I asked about it because I intend to use MAP07 666 tag :) . So can I map on this slot for this purpose?

Yeah that's what I meant, you can use the special tags.

With apologies, I must announce that I am dropping my map slot. I'm not going to have time to work on it over the next few months.

Map so far

Someone can either finish it, or it can be scrapped completely. I don't mind.

I'm still intermittently working on my "Plutoniafied" Dis expansion; progress is being horribly slow because of stuff getting my fucking way and interrupting (I think it's called 'life', poxy bastard thing).

I aim to get it done ASAP, but can't really give any sort of timeframe or ETA.

well, here's a few name from original doom 2:

1: Go Enter It
2: Go Under It
3: *Can't think of one*
4: Go Focus On It
5: Go Dig It
6: *Already Done*
7: *Can't think of one*
8: Go Trick It Then Trap It
9: *Already Done*
10: Go Refuel It
11: *Already Done*
12: Go Manufacture It
13-15: *Can't think of one*
16: Go Living In It
17: Go Rent It
18: Go Play In It
19: Go Invade It
20: Go Get It
21: Go Purify It
22: Go Explore It
23: Go Explode It
24: Go Cross It
25: Go Fall From It And Bleed
26: Go Mine It
29: Go Die With It
30: Go Sin On It

"Go Under It" would be perfect for my map, but for some reason I just like the sound of "Go With It". As many times in my life as I've had to "just go with it".. It's a good way of expressing a tiny fraction of that rage. :p

I'd really like to beta-test a pack of what we have so far!

Pure Hellspawn said:

well, here's a few name from original doom 2:

3: *Can't think of one*
7: *Can't think of one*
15: *Can't think of one*

3: Go Train It
7: Go Simplify It
15: Go Industrialise It.

Eris Falling said:

3: Go Train It

Hmm, that's not a bad name, but I'm curious.. Why train?

"Go Gauntl-It?" :B

*shot and killed*

Doomkid92 said:

Hmm, that's not a bad name, but I'm curious.. Why train?

As I learned from D2INO, a Gantlet is a form of rail track. It's hard to describe them, so here's a Wikilink

A different name, sticking with the rail theme is "Go Track It"

I would be happy to be a tester and I would like to make a levle "Go Sin It" bases on Doom II Map 30: Icon of Sin.

I'm sorry, but now I'm going to tell you something what I knew for a longer time but hesitated to say - I will not contribute to this project :(
I haven't paid much attention to it right from the beginning, since the amazing Switcheroom project came almost at the same time. Then one day I decided to do something for Go # It too. My enthusiasm was already low at that time. Being an extremely slow mapper, I spent a day or two on this, but then I looked at it and thought: "This doesn't resemble E1M3 enough. It's more like MAP11, but not even that." So I stopped.
Anyway now I'm working on my own project, and in addition I have less and less time I can spend for mapping, so I apologize again, I'm dropping my mapslot.
Feel free to use the map I linked anyhow you want.

He Guys, I know that you are looking for testers, and I'll certainly don't mind helping in that department, but I wish to propose a map on my own:

Map's name: Go Mute It
Map's inspiration: e2m8 - Tower of Babel from Doom

For the map, I will use the original e2m8 setup with a bit of extra flair. It will surprise nobody that there will be one or two Cyberdemons, but there will also be snippets from e2m1, e2m9 and possibly other episode 2 material.

I chose for E2 because it's currently not on the list and I figured that the Tower of Babel, a classic in my opinion should not be excluded from a go # it remake.

As far as playtesting goes, I would like to play and comment on submissions from others. We're in it together and I would like to keep an eye on the works of others within the same project.