Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > lets make a BAD megawad.
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 4 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:58. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mrthejoshmon

*Sorry about bump, I forgot about this*

Right, here is the wad on /idgames: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=17390
Have fun... I hope...

Last edited by mrthejoshmon on 11-30-13 at 19:41

Old Post 03-01-13 18:28 #
mrthejoshmon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pavera

mrthejoshmon said:

-it does not matter what IWAD it is for, unless its heretic, strife, hexen or any other non doom Zdoom compatible IWAD
-has to be Zdoom or limit removed, I am a Zdoomer not a vanilla player!

I'm pretty sure all of those wads will run in zdoom. Also, what do you mean by "has to be Zdoom or limit removed"? Will the level be rejected because the map format is Doom 2? Or if it doesn't have at least one zdoom feature or boom linedef action? A level will still run in Zdoom if it happens to be vanilla compatible. That's a silly requirement.

I suppose a megawad of everybody's garbage levels could at the very least be used to establish the bottom of the barrel. We can all gaze upon this wad as examples of how not to map. Yeah, that's it.

Old Post 03-01-13 18:37 #
Pavera is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mrthejoshmon

Pavera said:

1: is Doom 2? Or if it doesn't have at least one zdoom feature or boom linedef action?

2: I suppose a megawad of everybody's garbage levels could at the very least be used to establish the bottom of the barrel. We can all gaze upon this wad as examples of how not to map. Yeah, that's it.

1: looking at that it came out wrong, let me rephrase: no features that source ports use that will absolutely murder vanilla, as in no skulltag exclusive stuff ect... basically vanilla compatible!

2: I was looking for this to suck, its easier making crap than making gold right?

EDIT: its also for doom, I doubt hexen, heretic and strife wads will work well with that

Old Post 03-01-13 18:47 #
mrthejoshmon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Meh, I would be more interested in making crap maps from scratch.

Old Post 03-01-13 18:52 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mrthejoshmon

Memfis said:
maybe I should change the rules then... done, go make some crap!

Old Post 03-01-13 18:53 #
BaronOfStuff

I preferred the other topic where an idea to make something playable out of shit maps was thrown around.

If I want to play 1994-esque crap, I'll scour the archives and shovelware sets.

Old Post 03-01-13 19:24 #
BaronOfStuff is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cannonball

Memfis said:

I once thought about creating a community project called Rubafest which would be for people to make maps which break many of the rules of wad making we have come up with over the years just like Ruba did. Thought it might be a good idea :P

Old Post 03-01-13 19:27 #
cannonball is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mrthejoshmon

cannonball said:

... Thought it might be a good idea :P

it is :)

BaronOfStuff: I thought that was a good idea too, just I am more into playing bad wads, its a strange sense of satisfaction...

Old Post 03-01-13 19:28 #
walter confalonieri

i have a similar idea of making a community project or better a map challenge about creating a doom level in the most similar criterias of 1994 standards and even substandards (actually i even think to do maps like in the 1994, using DEU or similar dos editors of that times, but i think is too much)...

Old Post 03-01-13 20:24 #
walter confalonieri is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mrthejoshmon

walter confalonieri said:
i have a similar idea of making a community project or better a map challenge about creating a doom level in the most similar criterias of 1994 standards and even substandards (actually i even think to do maps like in the 1994, using DEU or similar dos editors of that times, but i think is too much)...
I actually want to see some of those maps!

Old Post 03-01-13 20:34 #
Pavera

Seems like it would be a waste of precious mapping energy to focus on the output of bad maps. Why not just spend that time making good maps instead? Or like.. go outside or something.

Old Post 03-01-13 21:04 #
Pavera is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mrthejoshmon

Pavera said:
Seems like it would be a waste of precious mapping energy to focus on the output of bad maps. Why not just spend that time making good maps instead? Or like.. go outside or something.
its god damn cold out, and every time I try to map it finds a way of breaking the map entirely, so I just decided to make broken crap, besides nobody else would ever do this.

Old Post 03-01-13 21:15 #
Scypek2

There's sure a place for me in this project! I've done lots of bad and "bad" stuff, like:
- idiotic.wad speaks for itself, it was my first PWAD... and my eleventh map :/
- a bunch of slaughtermap pieces stick together. I can't make, can't play and don't even like slaughtermaps, yet I had a dumb idea of doing a SF entry thrice.
- two intentionally 1994 styled maps, but with good gameplay. I wanted to do a megawad out of these myself but I'm not sure. That maps include:
* big weird thing with badass multidimensional cratemaze.
* hell map with something looking like a hellish version of football.
* wild west'esque map with ZIMMER cactuses, Cotton Eye Joe midi and pistol enforcing gameplay. Actually not '94 at all, so I said "two" and not "three".

There are also my brother's maps. Three. Mega newbie, impatient and doing maps in one sitting. He made three maps, but I'd probably combine them in one as well.

I hope that sounds good?

And I love the "break rules" idea, the creativest thing ever. How about a map with two normal exits? With dormant enemies as bridges? Set up in a supermarket, on a desert, inside car engine or in a dream?? With fruits battling against vegetables???

Old Post 03-01-13 21:26 #
Scypek2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mrthejoshmon

Scypek2 said:
1 There's sure a place for me in this project!

2 ZIMMER cactuses

3 There are also my brother's maps.

4 I hope that sounds good?

5 How about a map with two normal exits? With dormant enemies as bridges? Set up in a supermarket, on a desert, inside car engine or in a dream?? With fruits battling against vegetables???

1 glad to hear!
2 you sold me on that one :)
3 sounds like what I am looking for
4 yes, it fits the idea perfectly
5 I like that idea, in fact the enemy sprites should be fruits and veg!

please submit DL's for the maps, they sound just what I am looking for!

Old Post 03-01-13 21:35 #
cannonball

Catch
http://www.speedyshare.com/UK7Ed/in...-cat-s-anos.wad
Inside nyan cat's anos
features bad texture clashing and worst drawing of a cats head ever.
use of ss nazis
terrible music
completely pointless ending.
deliberate bad spelling :D
should be quite fun to play

boom compatible by the way
at least it's short. Spent 90 minutes making this.

Last edited by cannonball on 03-01-13 at 22:07

Old Post 03-01-13 21:43 #
cannonball is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gggmork
If you can make any sense of this post, congratulations

There has been a crappy contest before:

http://filesmelt.com/dl/CrappyContest.zip

And the winner, darkwave17.wad is quite brilliantly horrible (I think it might even be uvmaxable since I tried once).

Old Post 03-01-13 21:48 #
gggmork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cannonball

gggmork said:
There has been a crappy contest before:

http://filesmelt.com/dl/CrappyContest.zip

And the winner, darkwave17.wad is quite brilliantly horrible (I think it might even be uvmaxable since I tried once).

It is :)
http://doomedsda.us/lmps/1869/1/dw17-2328.zip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsA_o7MRmCg
youtube demo by j4rio with annotations haha

Old Post 03-01-13 21:50 #
j4rio
Forum Staple

I actually did.

Twice...

E: Thanks cannonballsy. ;p

Old Post 03-01-13 21:52 #
j4rio is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Scypek2

mrthejoshmon said:

please submit DL's for the maps, they sound just what I am looking for!

I'm gonna sent all the stuff tomorrow.
I forgot one where you swim on a draft-like thing, it was a 1 hour speedmap, not bad at all though.

Old Post 03-01-13 21:53 #
Scypek2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kmxexii

Just wait a little while and this guy should have you covered, josh

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mo...wad-for-doom-2/

Edit: then again, I think this violates the first rule you posted

Last edited by kmxexii on 03-01-13 at 22:09

Old Post 03-01-13 21:54 #
kmxexii is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mrthejoshmon

kmxexii said:
Just wait a little while and this guy should have you covered, josh

Edit: then again, I think this violates the first rule you posted

damn, that was exactly what I was looking for, but has custom monsters, which would totally clash with the vegetable and fruit enemies :D

gggmork: oh this isn't a contest, but that would be equally interesting, but hell that is professional bad mapping... (how the hell does that work?)

cannonball: gotcha! this is perfect!

Scypek2: ok, I will look forward to them :)

Last edited by mrthejoshmon on 03-01-13 at 22:33

Old Post 03-01-13 22:28 #
j4rio
Forum Staple

You'd most likely make a bad megawad even if you tried to make good one, so feel free to remove the 'BAD' from title, it'd have the same effect anyway.

Old Post 03-01-13 22:38 #
j4rio is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mrthejoshmon

j4rio said:
You'd most likely make a bad megawad even if you tried to make good one, so feel free to remove the 'BAD' from title, it'd have the same effect anyway.
I am going to take *that* as a complement

Old Post 03-01-13 22:40 #
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

Let's make a bad thread.

Old Post 03-01-13 22:41 #
esselfortium is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mrthejoshmon

esselfortium said:
Let's make a bad thread.
too late...

Old Post 03-01-13 22:42 #
Megalyth
I embrace change

The thread title said:
lets make a BAD megawad.

Let's not.

Old Post 03-01-13 22:43 #
Megalyth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Scypek2

mrthejoshmon said:
would totally clash with the vegetable and fruit enemies :D

you mean vegetable/fruit enemies in the whole wad?! :D actually why not, and for custom enemies one can always do some DECORATE and then join it all together.

Edit:

Megalyth said:

Let's not.

Let's yes. Duh.

Maybe I'd make some silly sprites for armed fruits. I'm a 1337 spriter, you can search for "santa's revenge" to see.

Old Post 03-01-13 22:43 #
mrthejoshmon

Scypek2 said:

you mean vegetable/fruit enemies in the whole wad?! :D actually why not, and for custom enemies one can always do some DECORATE and then join it all together.

its going to turn out even worse if I even tried that... wait... that could be a useful side effect!

Old Post 03-01-13 22:45 #
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Here is my contriburion...

Old Post 03-01-13 22:45 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mrthejoshmon

Memfis said:
my contriburion...
good god...

Old Post 03-01-13 22:49 #