Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cannonball

Doomguy Racing - been done [delete me]

I'd contribute if I could but might I suggest a volcano stage?
It's a bit of a long shot, but if anyone has played this, then a recreation of the secret track "Lavaland" would be pretty cool.

These tracks don't look very interesting to me. I mean you're just running without doing anything exciting. I guess one could use them to practice SR50 but that's about it.
In my opinion you need to add a lot more gameplay elements to make this fun. Some powerups, speed up sectors, obstacles, various floors (ice, mud, etc), monsters that attack the player... Maybe switch to ZDoom to get more possibilities.
The design should be of high quality too, nobody will get excited by generic grey walls.
And each lap should play differently somehow. (like some sectors turn into ice on the second lap and some new monsters appear on the third lap) Why would I want to do the same thing several times?

Memfis said:

These tracks don't look very interesting to me. I mean you're just running without doing anything exciting. I guess one could use them to practice SR50 but that's about it.
In my opinion you need to add a lot more gameplay elements to make this fun. Some powerups, speed up sectors, obstacles, various floors (ice, mud, etc), monsters that attack the player... Maybe switch to ZDoom to get more possibilities.
The design should be of high quality too, nobody will get excited by generic grey walls.
And each lap should play differently somehow. (like some sectors turn into ice on the second lap and some new monsters appear on the third lap) Why would I want to do the same thing several times?

Yeah I'm not good at selling ideas :P
I do feel this could be a good wad idea for being something different. Just executing it might be a little difficult.
@erisfalling that sounds pretty good.

Come to think of it, what happened to that Doom Tower Defence mod? I can't remember if it was finished or not.

I wouldn't say "been done". ZooM uses a version of zdoom from 2003ish, which was long before Decorate and other zdoom techniques. Also, AFAIK, the mod wasn't fully completed. If I were you and still wanted a racing mod, I'd create a multiplayer mod capable for zandronum that regards racing in some form or another. You never know, it could be popular.