Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > A PC for ZDoom

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:38. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
LilWhiteMouse

http://home.midmaine.com/~lilwhitemo/mais.zip
(M)echanized (A)rmored (I)nfantry (S)uit
A single level partial conversion. It's my first attempt at using scripting, so don't expect anything fancy. It's also the first mod I've made for ZDoom 1.23 (which it requires).

Old Post 04-02-02 05:36 #
LilWhiteMouse is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Biffy
Forum Regular

This is some pretty comprehensive work, the feel is unique...congrats. I had to cheat in order to look around. :)

Old Post 04-02-02 06:06 #
Biffy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ReX

...... they just keep flowing. First Jack announced the release of XTheater 3, and now Mechanized Armored Infantry Suit. Sweet.

Old Post 04-02-02 21:27 #
ReX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

Nice work, and again (like you usually manage) very original work.

Are the sprites your own work? They look nice. Shame having to make them so small looses a lot of detail. Still, Zdoom will soon support scaled sprites properly (the function is slightly broken ATM) and then much more detail will be possible.

I liked the scenery items like trucks and cars too. A nice touch.

Old Post 04-04-02 13:57 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
LilWhiteMouse

The enemies & weapons are all mine, and a few of the cultural objects (such as the vehicle sprites). Most everything else was ripped from Duke3d and Necrodome though.

I try to make up for my lack of quality with a sense of originality.

Old Post 04-04-02 15:44 #
LilWhiteMouse is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

Hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of poking around on the site where your file is posted. If all that work is yours, quality is certainly not a problem, nor has it been with any of your Doom mods that I have tried.

Are all those models intended for something other than your amusement (perhaps the USCM UD4l thing) ? There is some damn fine suff there.

I tried to get the Snoopy versus the Red Baron thing but the link was dead. Who sang that song?

Is the offer for an e-mail copy of USCM UD4l still on? If so, consider this a "yes please".

Old Post 04-04-02 22:46 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
LilWhiteMouse

No, don't mind at all. That's why I don't have an index page. So much easier to look around that way.

If you're referring to the model directory specifically, some of them have been used in other games & mods, but they're mostly for my "amusement". The Lywren stuff is however, making it's way into my current Doom mod. The FST (Flight Sim Toolkit) stuff has all(?) been used in my various flight sims, including USCM 3 and my two Snoopy sims. I'll email you the specifics as it isn't Doom related.

Old Post 04-05-02 00:45 #