Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Community Chest 2 Map20 - Archvile-jump secret

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:26. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Blue Shadow

According to that map's article on the Doom Wiki, the secret is perfectly reachable in ZDoom-based source ports. However, when I tried it, I wasn't able to reach the secret, even though I was using ZDoom. The vertical thrust from the archvile's attack wasn't enough to get me there. Was the wiki wrong about this, or was I doing it incorrectly, somehow?

Old Post 05-02-13 13:22 #
Blue Shadow is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

Well, in ZDoom there was a bug where arch-vile blast would send you higher than in vanilla Doom but it was fixed some time ago. So I guess now this secret in unreachable even in ZDoom unless there is some compatibility flag that can turn on the old behavior.
edit. confirmed: height of that jump is 96 but 72 is the maximum you can get.

Last edited by Memfis on 05-02-13 at 14:52

Old Post 05-02-13 14:39 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Blue Shadow

Thanks. I did some researching, and the issue was apparently fixed in r1745 (it was part of version 2.4.0, which was released at the beginning of 2010).

Old Post 05-02-13 15:49 #
Blue Shadow is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote