Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > 100 lines (final link now active)
Pages (20): « First ... « 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:38. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
walter confalonieri

http://speedy.sh/4HXUf/dai-100-2.wad

second effort, much more lulz material here.

Title: i am spooky
build time: 1 hour
new music: d_e2m7 (or d_e3m7) from doom
coop:yup, just starts
dm:no

Old Post 06-18-13 21:20 #
walter confalonieri is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ArmouredBlood

Capellan said:
I'm going to try and work my way through all the maps this weekend. That's a lot of maps, but they are mostly short, right? :)

... No I'm not going to work on a long map with 100 lines. No. No brain, I will not.

Old Post 06-18-13 22:08 #
ArmouredBlood is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Capellan
Forum Regular

ArmouredBlood said:
... No I'm not going to work on a long map with 100 lines. No. No brain, I will not.

Well, we have had at least one map with 400+ monsters, so you can certainly fight a lot of fighting into 100 lines :)

Edit to add: I think we actually have 32 maps in the thread now, and I know of at least a couple that are still being worked on. Not everyone's going to want to include their map in an idgames release, I guess, and not all the maps are necessarily serious or of a standard we'd want, but that's still a pretty good effort!

Last edited by Capellan on 06-18-13 at 23:00

Old Post 06-18-13 22:22 #
Capellan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
joe-ilya

http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/32/njb.png

Minimum fear - 100 lines exactly.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a...fear_by-joe.dbs

Old Post 06-19-13 00:09 #
joe-ilya is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ribbiks

your screenshot is 125x90 pixels and you uploaded a .dbs file.

I think you should try again.

Old Post 06-19-13 00:33 #
Ribbiks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dutch Doomer
Forum Spammer

New updated version. Made some changes to gameplay, added an exit sign and music.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/j9j237

Old Post 06-19-13 00:34 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
traversd

Should music be limited to 100 notes?

Over to you jimmy :p

Old Post 06-19-13 01:33 #
traversd is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Capellan
Forum Regular

Charnel.wad

Doom 2 map01. Can work in any map slot for compilation purposes.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a189/crowroadaw/charnel_zps53cb6962.jpg

Old Post 06-19-13 11:22 #
Capellan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

I wanna call walter's map "Spastic Hunted" so badly. X-D Sorry dude.

Old Post 06-19-13 11:23 #
Obsidian is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
joe-ilya

Ribbiks said:
your screenshot is 125x90 pixels and you uploaded a .dbs file.

I think you should try again.

Wow , I'm stupid.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tqthfwwjs8phm3q Fixed.

Old Post 06-19-13 12:11 #
joe-ilya is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jayextee
Darth Jrrr

This sounds fun, I'm on it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/jayextee/DOOM02_zps860d6fc5.png

100 lines go a fuckton quicker than you'd expect, so sacrifices have to be made.

Architecture is done, all 100 lines accounted for.

And HERE IT IS.
Title: Cross the Rubicon
Build time: ~100 minutes
Music: No
Coop: Yes
DM: Yes

Just a quick and hectic runaround, something of a half-boss level. Kinda.I wasn't sure about it at first, but ended up really enjoying it.

Skill levels and multiplayer supported, though not tested.

Last edited by Jayextee on 06-20-13 at 13:27

Old Post 06-19-13 12:52 #
Jayextee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
joe-ilya

Jayextee said:

HERE IT IS.

Just a quick and hectic runaround, something of a half-boss level. Kinda.Wasn't sure about it at first, but ended up really enjoying it.

Awesome map , here's a demo for you as I blasted through this (in Zdoom)

http://www.mediafire.com/?nx6fal5fls6kcvm

Old Post 06-19-13 16:24 #
Jayextee
Darth Jrrr

Nice! Though the methodical approach (which works better than I anticipated; enemies were 'waking up' much earlier for you than when I tested in Chocolate Doom) is neat, it takes away a bit of the 'frenzy' that I had intended with this map.

Thinking on making the water into nukage (with a radsuit at the player start) to deter this. Anyone else have an opinion? :)

Old Post 06-19-13 17:46 #
Jayextee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
joe-ilya

Jayextee said:

Thinking on making the water into nukage (with a radsuit at the player start) to deter this. Anyone else have an opinion? :)

Nah , it has a lot of enemys in 1 place so why bother doing nukage floor where you have to worry about the suit too.

Old Post 06-19-13 18:37 #
Capellan
Forum Regular

Making a start on feedback.

PrBoom-plus 2.5.1.3; compatibility -1 unless otherwise stated. HMP. Pistol start. No music.

ArmoredBlood
Solid map in a style (slaughter) that I don't normally find appealing. There are a few places where a line or two could be saved, but not a huge number. My only real complaint is the one I've already raised about inconsistent texture use.

Obsidian's Corrode
The gameplay here is OK, but there's very little of it. The level is very short, probably a consequence of inefficient line use. The concentric squares design is pretty heavy on linedefs to start with. Sector 2 (the nukage) is also a big culprit here. It would be easy to save 4-8 lines by tweaking the layout of that sector. The central pillar is also an issue: 12 lines for what could have been done in 4 by making it and sector 3 into lowering floors. Changing the design to be more efficient with lines would allow a bit more 'meat' to this meal.

traversd's level
This level looks pretty good - not highly detailed, but not completely bare - and has a fair chunk of play in it. The opening's the most brutal part of the map I think, as you're under quite a lot of pressure from numerous directions. The addition of a rocket launcher definitely changes the play and is a positive, I think. Good stuff.

More to come - maybe later today, maybe not until tomorrow.

Last edited by Capellan on 06-20-13 at 10:17

Old Post 06-20-13 08:11 #
Capellan
Forum Regular

Magnusblitz's level
On my 3rd attempt, I finished it in 14 seconds. :)
This is another case of there being very little level to actually play. It looks nice, but that comes at quite the cost in linedefs, which forces the level to be very very short.

GRB's 1st
A lot of 'inefficient' (i.e. normal) line use here, which given that it's got more content than Magnus's or Obsidian's levels, requires the looks of the level to be very, very bare bones in general. Though that may be GRB's usual style. Gameplay feels very arcade-y, being pretty clearly nothing more than rooms and corridors in which to kill monsters. The cyber wandered to the far end of the hall from the exit when I played, and I was thus able to easily drop into the exit.

Old Post 06-20-13 10:17 #
Plut

http://speedy.sh/rPYdz/100LinesPlut.wad
Title: Cosy Nook
Build time: 30min
Music: AV MAP15
Coop: No
DM: No
Made this crap just for fun).

Old Post 06-20-13 10:51 #
Plut is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ChaingunnerX
Warming Up

http://speedy.sh/53Xb8/100linchain.wad
Title: Sleep town
Build time: 5 min
Music: Voyage ~ Another World
Little map.

Last edited by ChaingunnerX on 06-22-13 at 15:02

Old Post 06-20-13 11:49 #
ChaingunnerX is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
skillsaw

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8..._100lines_1.wad

placement in mapset doesn't matter to me.

Title: Springtime in Hell
Build time: 40 min
Music: Spring from The Four Seasons by Vivaldi

Old Post 06-20-13 13:22 #
skillsaw is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jayextee
Darth Jrrr

I edited my post above with this information, but still:

My map entry
Title: Cross the Rubicon
Build time: ~100 minutes
Coop: Yes
DM: Yes

It was basically a speed-map, although well-tested (because it takes about two minutes to beat; no problem) and very premeditated -- I literally lay awake one night thinking of the four-sided teleporter thing and how that may 'possibly' save on lines.

As for map placement, probably after the first few will do. It acts a bit like a boss map, though doesn't need MAP07 triggers.

Old Post 06-20-13 13:28 #
Phml
Forum Spammer

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yz8egd
Title: Three Lines
Build time: ~6 hours (most of it playtesting, for obvious reasons)
Music: Yes

Intended for a Boom+ compatible port in -complevel 9, tested in GlBoom+ v2.5.1.2.

Will run, but unlikely to work properly in ZDoom-based ports due to its design. Probably best in a secret slot or later slot due to that.

Old Post 06-20-13 14:04 #
Phml is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Demonologist

@ Capellan: just letting you know that you missed dobu's map in your OP list.

Old Post 06-20-13 14:50 #
Demonologist is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Katamori
Forum Staple

Capellan, you may even merge these maps into one giant stuff!

Old Post 06-20-13 15:20 #
Katamori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jayextee
Darth Jrrr

Oh, and if mine ends up as a E3/hell map then give me a shout and I'll happily retexture it. I think the current textures will work for E2/city, but I can have another look in case.

Old Post 06-20-13 15:59 #
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

Looking forward to playing the megawad. All my info is in the txt file (though please don't use my map for map30 because there are teleporting monsters). Also forgot to mention that all vertices and things in my map lie on a 64x64 grid just for fun.

Old Post 06-20-13 16:19 #
TimeOfDeath is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jayextee
Darth Jrrr

Out of curiosity, anyone else used all 3 key colours? :)

Old Post 06-20-13 16:23 #
Capellan
Forum Regular

Demonologist said:
@ Capellan: just letting you know that you missed dobu's map in your OP list.

Thanks. Fixed.

Old Post 06-20-13 20:32 #
Membrain

Get 'er right here
Title: Devil's Knot
Build time: ~2 hours (Not counting playtesting)
Coop: Yes (Barely. Starts only; untested)

Just finished a map for this. I like these weird constraints-based mapping projects.

Works in Zdoom, but it should also work fine in any Boom-based port. Runs in the Doom 2 map01 slot.

Ps - This is clear for an IdGames release if it passes criteria.

Last edited by Membrain on 06-21-13 at 22:26

Old Post 06-20-13 21:46 #
Membrain is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Magnusblitz

Capellan said:
Magnusblitz's level
On my 3rd attempt, I finished it in 14 seconds. :)
This is another case of there being very little level to actually play. It looks nice, but that comes at quite the cost in linedefs, which forces the level to be very very short.

Heh, I just tried it out myself, apparently the Mastermind doesn't block the exit as well as I hoped. Did it in 9 seconds. Might as well get rid of the block monster line after all then.

I might take another crack at this challenge and try something a bit more normal-level-ish, but 100 lines might be too much for my mapping abilities.

Old Post 06-20-13 22:13 #
Magnusblitz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Capellan
Forum Regular

39 maps, now. Not all of them entirely serious, perhaps, but still a good haul. Might make 50+ at this rate. I'm still considering doing at least one more.

I'll be trying out some more of them tonight, starting with walter's first effort.

Old Post 06-20-13 22:17 #