Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Maps with lots of Revenants?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:55. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Sergeant_Mark_IV

I am changing some stuff with Revenants on Brutal Doom, and I need to find maps that have large numbers of Revenants to see how these changes will affect gameplay.

Please, no maps like Chillax that pushes 30 Revenants against you and only gives you a shotgun and 50 shells to fight back. I need maps that uses them in fair battles with enough ammo for a Vanilla Doom fight, and/or Revenants used with strategical placement (e.g.: Revenants placed in areas that forces the player to retreat to somewhere else to take cover from its homing rockets, while fighting against bigger foes such as Barons or Mancubi).

Can anyone suggest me some maps like these described above?

Old Post 06-16-13 21:46 #
Sergeant_Mark_IV is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BloodyAcid

Scythe II has some "fuck you, here are some revenants" type of scenarios.

edit: Epic 2 map 27 has one bit with some revs, though idk if it's exactly what you're looking for.

Last edited by BloodyAcid on 06-16-13 at 21:56

Old Post 06-16-13 21:47 #
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
vdgg
MM2 maniac

One Bloody Night map07

Old Post 06-16-13 22:03 #
vdgg is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Capellan
Forum Regular

Most of Coffee Break on UV, but especially map11.

Old Post 06-16-13 22:14 #
Capellan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hex11
Forum Staple

Alien Vendetta map26. :->

Old Post 06-16-13 22:17 #
hex11 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

Revenant Battlefield

Old Post 06-16-13 22:24 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

Scythe MAP24 comes to mind.

Old Post 06-16-13 23:54 #
Obsidian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mr. Chris
Forum Legend

What about Plutonia Experiment and later TNT levels? I believe they toss revenanta at you more.

Old Post 06-17-13 00:37 #
Mr. Chris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cannonball
Forum Staple

BloodyAcid said:
Scythe II has some "fuck you, here are some revenants" type of scenarios.

edit: Epic 2 map 27 has one bit with some revs, though idk if it's exactly what you're looking for.

That area is very much inspired by Alien Vendetta Map29, which is also used in Deus Vult Map03 and DVii Map13 I think

Old Post 06-17-13 00:44 #
cannonball is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Suitepee

Coffee Break's Map 11 (Stalker) comes to mind here. I hated that map due to its excess of Revenant ambushes, so have fun tweaking with them on there!

Old Post 06-17-13 00:48 #
Suitepee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BaronOfStuff

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:
Please, no maps like Chillax that pushes 30 Revenants against you and only gives you a shotgun and 50 shells to fight back. I need maps that uses them in fair battles with enough ammo for a Vanilla Doom fight

The thing is that these sorts of encounters usually are fair in their particular setups. They take a higher-than-usual level of skill and probably require infighting (not to mention a decent level of map design), but to say that they are unfair might not be the best way of getting your point across. 30 Revenants in these situations is usually akin to fuck all. Aim higher.

In other words, I'm going to say this right now; don't go excessively fucking with things like this just for your mod, and then complain when MAP09 of Doom II is suddenly a bullshit clusterfuck.

Easy option? Lob two missiles (independent tracking chance) at half damage each. Increase speed and homing ability by about 20%. Don't bother with radius damage. Add all the visual shit you please.

Old Post 06-17-13 01:01 #
BaronOfStuff is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MG_Man
Mini-Member

Back to Saturn X.

Old Post 06-17-13 03:37 #
MG_Man is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Steve1664
Green Marine

You. . . you actually WANT to be swarmed by those damned things? The stuff of nightmares screaming and shooting endless salvos of homing missiles at you?

Sarge, I figured you were kind of a crazy guy with how Brutal Doom's been turning out, but this is pure insanity, good reason or no. I do remember that a good bunch of the original Plutonia had loads of the bastards, so Plutonia 2/Plutonia Revisited might be good for a look.

Old Post 06-17-13 04:03 #
Steve1664 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ribbiks

I suppose you're not looking for something like this?

Old Post 06-17-13 04:47 #
Ribbiks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
40oz
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

I use Oblige, it lets you customize what monsters you want in the wad it generates. I've made all revenant megawads before.

Old Post 06-17-13 05:09 #
40oz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ichor
The Mysterious Red Square

1monster map 20.

Old Post 06-17-13 11:53 #
Ichor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
joe-ilya

Ichor said:
1monster map 20.

Dude , you got me there. **

Old Post 06-17-13 13:57 #
joe-ilya is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
1.19345614 10^-66 m^4 kg^2 / s^2

The H2HMud competition maps. Also dg-core.

There are also versions of these maps within H2H-Xmas.

Old Post 06-18-13 15:31 #
Grazza is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
LkMax

The Revenant & Archvile, err, I mean, Plutonia Experiment from Final Doom.

Old Post 06-19-13 03:46 #
LkMax is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Feniks
Mini-Member

Map29 and map31 from Speed of Doom. A lot of AV and HR/HR2 maps too.

Old Post 06-19-13 04:36 #
Feniks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
XCOPY

you are clearly looking for some chillax. well there are a few maps that has revenants in the very start.

Old Post 06-19-13 09:29 #
XCOPY is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang
Forum Regular

Speed of Doom Map31.
1monster Map20(Revenants only).
Scythe 2 Map14
Alien Vendetta Map25(Demonic Hordes), 26
All Sunder maps

etc.

九泉底下十徘徊,奈何橋上恨正長
腸百折,愁千縷,萬般無奈把心傷 - 袁樂梅(「梅花三弄之」岳翎的角色)

我是中華民國的台灣人! I am Taiwanese of Republic of China(ROC)!!!

Old Post 06-19-13 16:54 #
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jimmy
doesn't rhyme with MIDI :(

Shameless self-promotion aside, much of the criticism that Jenesis got was directed at its often-ridiculous revenant count on UV.

Jimmy's Blog of Death - I make terrible posts here.

Old Post 06-19-13 17:37 #
Jimmy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
__Lagger__
Green Marine

Try: Holy hell. It has lots of everything. Map01 and map04 start off with plenty of revenants.

Old Post 06-22-13 13:50 #
__Lagger__ is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Processingcontrol

That one room in AV Map29.

Old Post 06-22-13 16:12 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

There is a doom mapping rule that says to always use revenants in your maps.

Old Post 06-22-13 16:52 #
TimeOfDeath is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote