Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

magical girl with a drill on her head makes 2 maps for cl2

wait a second what did I just download. can you be a little more elaborate than that? No text file or anything?

Maybe she'll appreciate some FDAs ?

Nice little maps, hopefully the start of a new megawad. :)
It's interesting to see Requiem textures mixed with modern recolorations / Cage textures.
Good work on texture alignment.

I don't remember seeing an exit sign on map 02, but maybe I missed it.
Other than that, I have nothing to complain about.
Now where are all the remaining maps ? :)
This can be nothing more than a teaser.

Le FDAs.

The scarcity of shotgun ammo makes me sad. Only found a few secrets. Died once per map, killed everything. More maps to come?

It's more like the end of a new megawad because I lost interest in working on it. It was fun for a few days but not anymore, so I just posted it so I could forget about it. Well, as with all my threads here. :) I think I'll start working on a new megawad now.

I always show these crappy teasers because I am unable to do any kind of work for extended periods of time. I wasn't expelled from the university three times for nothing. They aren't very interested in students who sit all day at home and watch anime, it seems. ^^

And I wanted to watch Wilou's FDAs but no extended demo format = you have to select pwads by yourself and I'm too spoiled by modern technology to do that! >_<

I forget how acronyms work, would it be:

a FDA, a first demo attempt, or

an FDA, pronouncing the letters directly

the second map would benefit from some more health packs early into the map, just in case you end the first level with low health, because it takes a while until you find some in the second.

also:

there's a shotgunner up there who can hit you if you just enter this room from below. really annoying because you don't see him.

Yeah, I don't take continuous play into account when making wads because I never play like that.

Ribbiks said:

an FDA

I'm pretty sure this is the correct one since people pronounce the letters individually "eff-dee-aye" and it's not "ffhdah"

You really should take all the stuff you throw out here and just put it together into a Memfis megawad jamboree. These two maps are pretty fun and it'd be a shame not to see them on idgames personally.

People can do that if they want, I don't claim any rights to my crap and I'm okay with people uploading it, editing it, claiming that they made it and I just stole it from them, etc. The last one would be funny to see.

The only part of what you said that made any sense to me was "-cl2 maps", but really, what else do I need to know? Here are some FDAs, which may or may not have been recorded by a guy with a cinderblock for a head. Or at least for a brain.

My assumption is that these were to be part of the same mapset that 'Silent Halls' came from; they certainly feel very similar, with the same early-map gameplay, and of course, more of those classic custom textures. Your characteristic affectation for the color green is also in evidence. Not that this is a bad thing...I like green, too.

Map 01 felt very map 01-ish. No particular complaints, although I reckon the map probably could have just as well ended upon entering the portal in the yard, rather than in another teleporter pad in the small brick room beyond. Found both secrets here; the one for four shells seemed a bit silly, but I suppose there's not much that could've been put there that wouldn't have made this very easy map even easier. In map 02, I liked the imp that blindsides the player at the start and the yellow key ambush, as well as the subtly Plutonic aesthetic overtones to the otherwise MM/Requiem-style visuals. Kind of expected a little more bite, though. Found 2 of the 3 secrets here, but I might as well have found 0, since I didn't figure out how to access them until the map was already essentially complete.

Tell you the truth, I think that Silent Halls had a better layout than either of these, although map 02 here certainly handles its key ambush better than that map does. Nevertheless, thanks for a few more minutes of Doom.

phi108 said:

I'd guess it's his 11-year-old sister. Who's french. Uh oh.

And who probably has Aspergers. :P

Memfis said:

People can do that if they want, I don't claim any rights to my crap

I claim full rights to all Memfis' maps. Please do not compile these maps without my express permission. >:|

(FDAs later today. Probably.)

You've apparently developed a Katamori megawad syndrome.

I would've posted a FDA but then I realised I have to upload them to other file hosting site becuse attachments don't work in wads/mods and I'm ultra lazy today.

I'm not a girl but I remember how when I first discovered yuri I was dreaming of being a lesbian girl. It was almost painful.

Memfis said:

I'm not a girl but I remember how when I first discovered yuri I was dreaming of being a lesbian girl. It was almost painful.

0_o

I wish I was a tiger. A FEMALE tiger. Rowr!

FDA. Recorded in -cl9. I'm a rebel with no rules.

I think I know why you keep losing interest in your projects. There are no power weapons, no ssg (not even a chaingun?), and biggest monster is a caco. The map designs were really nice though. :)

I think that's merely a side-effect of starting a new megawad everytime he opens DB, make first few easy levels, get bored, repeat..

btw memfis I'm going to fill all your maps with cyberdemons and release it as "memfisspd v1.4"

Memfis said:

Ugh...

Ribbiks said:

memfisspd v1.4

Memflax. No?
Btw, you got me interested, do it man.

Memfis megawad compilation/tune up community project. Go go go.