Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ribbiks

43,230 secrets!

hurray for approaching the theoretical maximum number of enclosed sectors that can be drawn with 65535 lines.

photographs!

automap shot for great justice:

DOWNLOAD

boom compatible. I've verified that it's possible to kill all the monsters, a bunch of secrets are inaccessible though. No difficulty settings because I'm lazy Suck it down.

I'm able to play the map on my laptop without any lag in prb+2.5.1.4 by decreasing the resolution to 600x400, your milage may vary.

I tried to find out but it crashes doombuilder immediately, guess the world will never know :p

also nice fda phml, though you gave me 10 more secrets than I earned :D

I tried a bunch of times, still can't beat the last room in this without save-spamming. disorienting maze of shitwall.

ahh, that's neat.

wandering around the central room the most visplanes I could get at one time was ~2500, so it's really not too bad.

Ribbiks said:

ahh, that's neat.

wandering around the central room the most visplanes I could get at one time was ~2500, so it's really not too bad.

Haha. It would make Vanilla Doom explode for sure!

Haha, awesome. UV-Max demo anyone? :P

I also wonder when someone actually does make a demo of this killing only the monsters and not caring about the secrets, if Andy uploads it on DSDA as "UV-Max attempt, misses 31578 secrets" or something like that :D

if Andy uploads it on DSDA as "UV-Max attempt, misses 31578 secrets"

Now I want to see that happen!

Gah! Triangles are so efficient! I am literally kicking myself in the head right now for using squares.

My foot literally hurts now.

I got to thinking: is there any limit on the number of sectors that can be in a map? They aren't directly tied to linedefs so could I theoretically just 'plant' a ginormous amount of entries in the SECTORS lump that aren't referenced by any sidedefs? Would they still be tallied up in secrets counts even though they don't really "exist" anywhere in the map?

Could go full retard with this idea and make a GB sized wad with billions of secrets