I just played "All SLIGE'd Up", a community project that was originated and managed by Impboy.
If you don't know: this WAD contains 6 maps that were originally generated with SLIGE, but were detailed and rebuilt by mappers - to be precise, by Walter Confalonieri, Impboy, Dragonfly and Jimmy Paddock.
However, I found both the number of contributors and number of maps a bit few, so it deserves a sequel!
Impboy approved my plans, so here are the rules by himself.
I'm down for another round. The rules are the same as the first:
- Download the daily SLIGE megawad from: www.soulsphere.org/hacks/slige
- Pick any two maps that you like to do.
- Remake the map from SCRATCH. (this isn't a tune up)
- Use only stock textures.
- Boom-related map format.
- All mappers that participate are only allowed to have two slots max so everyone is equal.
I think we should do ExMy (Ultimate) Doom style for the theme this time. (it means that instead of MAP01-32, we got 4 episodes, each with 9 map slots. there's no certain themes yet. - K)If we get enough mappers, we could do a whole megawad. Though if that happens, there is an additional rule to follow:
- After they choose two maps, they have to pick an episode for each (they can't be in the same episode).
Since the definition of "remaking the map from SCRATCH" wasn't obvious, Impboy wrote this complement:
- Mappers may NOT touch the original map gemometry at all, but they can copy the things. The geometry is only used as visual aid of what you will be recreating.
- You MAY resize rooms if you find some too big or too small to work with. You may also add new rooms. Just make sure the original generated layout is visible in some way.
Maps don't have to follow regular Doom episode themes & styles (at least I hope), so I wouldn't make a list for episode claims yet.
Post your desire of joining here. You may join within the deadline, but you also have to finish it.
...okay, actually, we can wait for you if you are gonna be close to the finish. But if there's anyone who haven't updated his maps for months without any signs of life, I'll ask Impboy to drop that slot.
DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 2014
- Memfis (probably)
- chesse20 (probably)
- walter confalonieri
For all the volunteers: please subscribe to this thread to know immediately when something new is happening here!
Interesting stuff around me:
Channel of Doom Let's Plays
Somewhere in Time project thread
CYBERCRAFT: A cyberpunk RPG for LÍVE
Last edited by Katamori on 09-18-13 at 23:21