Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > All SLIGE'd Up: The Sequel! Join us!
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:38. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dragonsbrethren

GreyGhost said:
It does produce some odd architecture, this is still my favourite.

Hahaha, that's incredible.

Old Post 07-31-13 15:09 #
Dragonsbrethren is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Katamori
Forum Staple

Okay so: are we modifying the maps of one SLIGE megaWAD? Or everyone is allowed to choose maps from a daily megaWAD whatever he wants??

Because in the first case, I think I'm gonna download today's daily megaWAD, upload it to my Dropbox and share the link here to make it available even after 1st of August.

Also, for all the volunteers: please subscribe to this thread to know immediately when something new is happening here!

Memfis is added to volunteers, but I'm not sure that whether we wants it or not. Hey pal, if you want to do something, just send me and I'll show that to Impboy! If he's gonna dislike it, just upload like your other 1-2 map masterpieces! ;)

Old Post 07-31-13 21:57 #
Katamori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dragonsbrethren

I kind of hope not, because I already started remaking one of the maps from whatever day's megawad I downloaded.

Old Post 08-01-13 00:00 #
Dragonsbrethren is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Impboy4

If everyone did the same daily megawad, there wouldn't be as much variety. Having diffrent daily megawads helps add that variety. For example, someone might have one megawad generated a few days ago, another might have one generated yesterday, and another would have one generated today.

Old Post 08-01-13 00:07 #
Impboy4 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dachauncinator
Mini-Member

God knows I have to compose a midi, but this seems perfect for me.
I guess i'm in.

Old Post 08-01-13 00:57 #
dachauncinator is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Katamori
Forum Staple

I agree with Dragonsbrethren, but I had to ask. Thanks for answering anyway.

Also, because it seems that I can't communicate with Impboy directly (he doesn't use Facebook, I don't use Skype), in the future he may do a new thread for the projects. It's up to him.

Old Post 08-01-13 01:05 #
Katamori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dagger147
Green Marine

I've run into a couple of problems already.

The map I've chosen has a ceiling called SLITE1. This particular texture doesn't exist in any of the wads I have loaded as resources (doom.wad, doom1.wad, doom2.wad, plutonia.wad, and tnt.wad). Also, when I want to test the map, I get the following error:

W_AddFile: couldn't open C:\PrBoom Plus\prboom-plus-2.5.13/.wad

I'm stumped as to what to do to fix these.

Old Post 08-01-13 20:50 #
Dagger147 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Impboy4

Dagger147 said:
I've run into a couple of problems already.

The map I've chosen has a ceiling called SLITE1. This particular texture doesn't exist in any of the wads I have loaded as resources (doom.wad, doom1.wad, doom2.wad, plutonia.wad, and tnt.wad). Also, when I want to test the map, I get the following error:

I'm stumped as to what to do to fix these.

I believe SLITE1 is one of the new textures SLIGE uses. Replace it with one of the TLITE textures and you'll be fine.

Old Post 08-01-13 21:59 #
Impboy4 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dagger147
Green Marine

Impboy4 said:

I believe SLITE1 is one of the new textures SLIGE uses. Replace it with one of the TLITE textures and you'll be fine.

Thanks. That takes care of one of the problems. Now I just can't get the damn map to run.

Old Post 08-01-13 22:02 #
Dagger147 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Impboy4

Dagger147 said:

Thanks. That takes care of one of the problems. Now I just can't get the damn map to run.

It says .wad at the end; do you have a filename before the extention?

Old Post 08-01-13 22:07 #
Dagger147
Green Marine

Impboy4 said:

It says .wad at the end; do you have a filename before the extention?

I figured I'd save it before trying again. I'm able to get into PrBoom, but instead of running my map it runs the first map from Doom.

Old Post 08-01-13 22:34 #
Obsidian
Forum Staple

GreyGhost sent me a copy of Ultimate Doom on Steam, so I'm back in the game. :)

Also, why do all the SLIGE maps have at least one Dead Lost Soul at the start? Heheh.

Old Post 08-01-13 23:40 #
Obsidian is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hex11

It serves as a "watermark", along with the S-ceiling in the start room. It's to discourage people from uploading these maps and claiming them as their own work.

BTW, there's a lot more to SLIGE than whatever defaults it spews out. It has command-line parameters to affect number of rooms, minimum light (I usually set that to 112, otherwise some maps get too dark), which IWAD to generate maps for, how tough monsters should be, etc. You can also create texture themes.

Old Post 08-02-13 05:31 #
hex11 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Dagger147 said:
Also, when I want to test the map, I get the following error:

For maps started from scratch, I've found it pays to save before testing with PrBoom+.

I'm able to get into PrBoom, but instead of running my map it runs the first map from Doom.
If you're not trying to run it with the wrong IWAD or map slot, I'd suggest posting the wad for examination.

chesse20 said:
do the enemys have to be vannila
id like to throw a few bee traps here and there

Custom enemies aren't all that practical in a Boom-based project, since they're done in DeHacked and the other contributors would need to agree on what's being replaced, otherwise they'll find themselves with bee traps where they don't want them.

p.s also i think the rock just raised his eyebrow at me
I think he likes you.

Old Post 08-02-13 08:43 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dagger147
Green Marine

GreyGhost said:
For maps started from scratch, I've found it pays to save before testing with PrBoom+.

If you're not trying to run it with the wrong IWAD or map slot, I'd suggest posting the wad for examination.

Thanks.

I think I'm just going to use ZDoom to test and hope that it'll run in Boom also.

Old Post 08-02-13 20:04 #
Dragonsbrethren

Please don't do that, this is a Boom compatible wad. Set your Boom resources in Doom Builder to doom.wad. For testing, add prboom-plus as your port and check customize parameters so you can add -complevel 9 to the end. As long as you save your map first, it will work.

Old Post 08-02-13 20:09 #
Dagger147
Green Marine

Dragonsbrethren said:
Please don't do that, this is a Boom compatible wad. Set your Boom resources in Doom Builder to doom.wad. For testing, add prboom-plus as your port and check customize parameters so you can add -complevel 9 to the end. As long as you save your map first, it will work.

Did everything that you said. Still not working right.

I guess I'm just going to drop out of this endeavor. Sorry guys.

Old Post 08-02-13 20:15 #
Dragonsbrethren

What do you mean by "not working right"? What does the full command line under testing look like?

Old Post 08-02-13 21:33 #
Dagger147
Green Marine

Dragonsbrethren said:
What do you mean by "not working right"? What does the full command line under testing look like?

-iwad "%WP" -skill "%S" -file "%AP" "%F" -warp %L1 %L2 %NM -complevel 9

Old Post 08-02-13 21:51 #
Dragonsbrethren

No, not that. The result box under that, it should show something like this:

code:
-iwad "C:\DOOM\WADs\IWADs\DOOM.WAD" -skill "4" -file "C:\Users\Dragonsbrethren\Documents\DOOM\slige\730-map08.wad" "C:\Users\Dragonsbrethren\AppData\Local\Temp\2m3unx0w\tctmqe2y.wad" -warp 1 1 -complevel 9

Particularly, I'm wondering if there's something in the paths that might be throwing prboom-plus off. You can always try the MSDOS paths checkbox and see if that helps.

Old Post 08-02-13 23:40 #
Dagger147
Green Marine

Dragonsbrethren said:
No, not that. The result box under that, it should show something like this:

code:
-iwad "C:\DOOM\WADs\IWADs\DOOM.WAD" -skill "4" -file "C:\Users\Dragonsbrethren\Documents\DOOM\slige\730-map08.wad" "C:\Users\Dragonsbrethren\AppData\Local\Temp\2m3unx0w\tctmqe2y.wad" -warp 1 1 -complevel 9

Particularly, I'm wondering if there's something in the paths that might be throwing prboom-plus off. You can always try the MSDOS paths checkbox and see if that helps.

This is what it has:

-iwad "C:\PrBoom Plus\prboom-plus-2.5.1.3\doom.wad" -skill "1" -file "C:\PrBoom Plus\prboom-plus-2.5.1.3\test1.wad" "C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\bhx7uyug\33hh9apn.wad" -warp 1 -nomonsters -complevel 9

Old Post 08-02-13 23:57 #
Dragonsbrethren

What slot is your map in? The -warp parameter should have two digits for Doom. -warp 1 will take you to E1M1. You didn't accidentally put it in a MAPxx slot, did you? Change that to EyMx through Edit > Map Options if you did.

Old Post 08-03-13 00:51 #
AlektorophobiA
Mini-Member

Can i still join to the project?, or there are enough maps already?

Old Post 08-03-13 03:32 #
AlektorophobiA is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Katamori
Forum Staple

AlektorophobiA said:
Can i still join to the project?, or there are enough maps already?

You are allowed to join on any days between today and February. But you also have to finish your map within this time.

I added you.

Old Post 08-03-13 09:58 #
Dagger147
Green Marine

Dragonsbrethren said:
What slot is your map in? The -warp parameter should have two digits for Doom. -warp 1 will take you to E1M1. You didn't accidentally put it in a MAPxx slot, did you? Change that to EyMx through Edit > Map Options if you did.

OK. Got it to work. I have no idea what the problem was. Thanks for the assistance.

Old Post 08-03-13 12:42 #
walter confalonieri

sorry for bumping this, but i can join this?

Old Post 09-17-13 11:25 #
walter confalonieri is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Katamori
Forum Staple

You can always join!

Also, is there anyon who already has a finished map?

Old Post 09-17-13 13:43 #
Dragonsbrethren

The first 1/2-2/3 of my map is done-ish, kind of put it off to the side since the deadline is so far away still, but I should probably get back to it so I can start another.

http://dkk.slickproductions.org/images/doom/slige/map1-01orig.png http://dkk.slickproductions.org/images/doom/slige/map1-01boom.png
http://dkk.slickproductions.org/images/doom/slige/map1-02orig.png http://dkk.slickproductions.org/images/doom/slige/map1-02boom.png

Old Post 09-17-13 23:52 #
Phendrena

Count me in as I think this could be a laugh! I'm going to use today's (18/09/13) megawad and i'll be bashing out MAP11 & MAP24 from that megawad. Not sure where I'll want to fit them in yet, perhaps E1Mx & E4mx.

I'm still working on my map for Slaughterfest 2013, so I'll fit this one in around that.

Dave

Last edited by Phendrena on 09-18-13 at 19:51

Old Post 09-18-13 19:31 #
Phendrena is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phendrena

Hi folks!

I see there's been a massive amount going on since I signed up!!!

Anyway.... I thought I'd give a quick update on where I am with this one.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2887/10106648923_de5b45c8b9.jpg
asu-map11 by Phendrena, on Flickr

This, as you can see, is a side by side comparison of the SLIGE map and my version of the map. I haven't populated mine yet or added secrets/traps (I hope i'm doing this right btw!!!!)

Dave

Last edited by Phendrena on 10-05-13 at 22:59

Old Post 10-05-13 22:48 #
Phendrena is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote