Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NerdKoopa

[WIP] Short Lego TC (no name yet)

I've been working on a Lego themed total conversion for Doom 2. The finished TC will have 6 levels set on a tropical island.
So far I'm in the middle of replacing weapon sprites, and experimenting with basic textures. I'm going for a light cartoon look with subtle outlines. I'm making the sprites and textures from models made in MLCad, a 3D Lego modeling program. The models are then rendered with LDView. Here are some screenshots and a download link to the test WAD. I'd like to get some constructive critisism early on in this project. Remember, I'm not going for realism, but for a clean cartoon look!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d1vxz1fn1gip5ir/legotest7.zip

The pistol and the weapon pickups. They are quite big, because I wanted them to be to scale with the environment.

The hammer replaces the fists. I tried plain minifigure arms at first, but I couldn't make the punching animation look convincing. The hammer's swinging motion suits better with the limited movement of the minifigure arms

The chainsaw

The shotgun. I suggest downloading the WAD to see the pump animation in action. Still have to figure out a replacement for the SSG.

The submachine gun replaces the chaingun.

The plasma gun. I tried to keep the spirit of the original.