Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Archive upload process changes
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:05. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ty Halderman
Essential Pillar of the Community

sector666 said:
It might be a bit late now but I'd put that in the email you send so more people know it.

It's in the one that goes out now, just wasn't in the original quoted above.

To wit, this now also appears in the email:

**New: If you want to shortcut the process a bit, jut email me when you upload instead of waiting for me to send the verification email. Tell me what you've uploaded and given no other issues I'll merge it at the earliest opportunity.

Others can respond to your request for the library to screen all the books to be sure the plot ends to your liking, if you get my drift. This is an archive and if you upload crap, crap ends up in the archive. The only discriminating rules disallowing some things are outlined in the README.INCOMING file and are legality-based.

Old Post 11-03-13 17:54 #
Ty Halderman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
rsl
Mini-Member

Just noticed this thread by chance! Yet I'm glad I read about the new system.
Thanks for putting up with your patience to manage the archive, Mr. Halderman!

There are some folks who upload frequently enough that I "know" them and won't go through all this every time (think rslxxxxx.zips in combos)

Whoops. I probably exaggerated a bit... :-) Another good reason to state again what I just wrote above!

Old Post 11-09-13 23:45 #
rsl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ellmo
Custom Title

Xaser said:
I wonder if any folks would be willing to consider the idea of developing some sort of upload frontend for DW /idgames that's tied to forum accounts (similar to how t/nc does it) which folks can use as an alternative.

Hmmm. I'm willing. I'll look into it.
What the hell is t/nc ?

Old Post 12-12-13 10:04 #
ellmo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

t/nc = "The /newstuff Chronicles"

The review center is tied to the forum account.

Old Post 12-12-13 10:12 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ellmo
Custom Title

Gez said:
t/nc = "The /newstuff Chronicles"

The review center is tied to the forum account.

D'oh, I knew that! I swear!

Old Post 12-12-13 12:05 #
ellmo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote