A very extensive enhancement/extension mod for DOOM (DOOM, Ultimate DOOM, DOOM II: Hell on Earth, Final DOOM) that elevates the gaming experience to a much higher level. Every weapon, enemy, item and decoration have received a face-lift. Just about everything in your environment can now be interacted with (if you can't use it, shoot it) just to mention one feature. Weapons are more detailed and have smoother animations, enemies have a ton of alternate death animations, your environment is now full of ambiance noises (lamps humming, flies buzzing, torches flicker etc.), lots and lots of visual special effects, destructible (and in some cases usable) scenery and much much more. All this while the core game-play remains pretty much intact.
Designed for and requiring 3DGE (2.0.0 or later).
Compatible with any official DOOM game as well as any level, levelset or megawad that doesn't come with new sprites (enemies, weapons, etc).
New update 04/14/2015
* A new smoke puff, doing away with the overused Heretic/Hexen one
* Chainsaw now spawns the correct smoke puff, not the one used for bullets
* Shotgun now has a larger spread dust making it less useful at longer range, this gives the rifle more of a purpose
* Made some changes that will make the mod require 3DGE 2.0.0 or later
* Sound effect for secret areas
* New toggle sound(s) for the lamps, old one was kind of weird
* Sound effects changed back to their original WAV formats, bigger filesize but sounds better in-game
* A new addition to the HUD
* Title and credit pictures removed
* Smooth walking animations removed, some of them just didn't look right
* New and expanded sounds for the menu(s)
* Re-worked the Barons alternate attack
* As always, lots of minor tweaks fixes and improvements
Get 3DGE here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/edg...DGE%20binaries/
Screen Resolution: no higher than 800x600
Dynamic Lightning: ON
[Sprite] Smoothing: OFF
Sound Sample Rate: 22050Hz
Sound sample Size: 16bit
Extra blood: OFF
Ultimate DOOM, DOOM II: Hell on Earth, Final DOOM: TNT Evolution, Final DOOM: Plutonia Experiment, DOOM the Way id Did, DOOM II the Way id Did, DOOM the Way id Did - The Lost Episodes, Brutalized DOOM & DOOM 2 levels, Requiem, Memento Mori, Memento Mori 2, BF_Thud!.wad (ChrisK DOOM), Path of a Fallen Angel, Invaders, The Darkening, The Evil Unleashed, 99 Ways to Die, 2002 A DOOM Odyssey, Epic 2, DOOM 2 In Name Only, DOOM 2 Reloaded, DOOM 32
Note: This is not Brutal DOOM. It is not in any shape or form affiliated with Brutal DOOM. Please, do not confuse or compare this to Brutal DOOM. Brutal DOOM is first and foremost a gore mod, this is first and foremost an enhancement/extension of the original game.
Note II: Not compatible with FreeDOOM! Will work though, but use at own risk.
Try this on for size: http://www.mediafire.com/download/d.../Doom4music.zip
A simple PWAD that adds the edited DOOM I and II music by Shane Strife (http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24423)
Last edited by CeeJay on 04-14-15 at 20:19