A very extensive enhancement/extension mod for DOOM (DOOM, Ultimate DOOM, DOOM II: Hell on Earth, Final DOOM) that elevates the gaming experience to a much higher level. Every weapon, enemy, item and decoration have received a face-lift. Just about everything in your environment can now be interacted with (if you can't use it, shoot it) just to mention one feature. Weapons are more detailed and have smoother animations, enemies have a ton of alternate death animations, your environment is now full of ambiance noises (lamps humming, flies buzzing, torches flicker etc.), lots and lots of visual special effects, destructible (and in some cases usable) scenery and much much more. All this while the core game-play remains pretty much intact.
Designed for and requiring 3DGE (EDGE 1.36 or later).
Compatible with any official DOOM game as well as any level, levelset or megawad that doesn't come with new sprites (enemies, weapons, etc).
New update 12/17/2014
* Idle frames and smooth(er) walking animations for monsters
* Speed of the Super Shotguns reload a little more accurate to vanilla
* The chainsaw now wobbles during attack
* Lots of new monster deaths
* Additional sound effects for the SS from the 3DO port of Wolf 3D
* Lots of visual additions, improvements, etc.
* Additional marine corpses and gore (decoration sprites)
* Slightly re-worked gib mechanics
* Gibs no longer disappear
* The shotgun will now occasionally jam/fire a dud
* Beefier firing sound for the super shotgun (sawed off)
* Knelled enemies can now be gibbed
* New screaming sounds for when zombies are engulfed in flames
* New deaths for the player, though I am unable to properly test these
* Rotations for the SS' pain state
* An SS will occasionally surrender (idea from unused DOOM source art)
* Made some edits to Commander Keen
* Alternate attack for the Mancubus arm weapon
* More realistic smoke effect for bodies & exploded barrels
* Updated credits
Get 3DGE here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/edg...DGE%20binaries/
Screen Resolution: no higher than 800x600
Dynamic Lightning: ON
[Sprite] Smoothing: OFF
Sound Sample Rate: 22050Hz
Sound sample Size: 16bit
Extra blood: OFF
Ultimate DOOM, DOOM II: Hell on Earth, Final DOOM: TNT Evolution, Final DOOM: Plutonia Experiment, DOOM the Way id Did, DOOM II the Way id Did, DOOM the Way id Did - The Lost Episodes, Brutalized DOOM & DOOM 2 levels, Requiem, Memento Mori, Memento Mori 2, BF_Thud!.wad (ChrisK DOOM), Path of a Fallen Angel, Invaders, The Darkening, The Evil Unleashed, 99 Ways to Die, 2002 A DOOM Odyssey, Epic 2, DOOM 2 In Name Only, DOOM 2 Reloaded, DOOM 32
Note: This is not Brutal DOOM. It is not in any shape or form affiliated with Brutal DOOM. Please, do not confuse or compare this to Brutal DOOM. Brutal DOOM is first and foremost a gore mod, this is first and foremost an enhancement/extension of the original game.
Note II: Not compatible with FreeDOOM! Will work though, but use at own risk.
Try this on for size: http://www.mediafire.com/download/d.../Doom4music.zip
A simple PWAD that adds the edited DOOM I and II music by Shane Strife (http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24423)
Last edited by CeeJay on 12-17-14 at 18:07