An enhancement/extension mod of the original game designed for and requiring 3DGE (EDGE 1.36 or later). I wanted to make an enhancement mod that was as extensive as possible while still staying true to the roots, the look and feel of the original game(s) as well as keeping the gameplay fairly intact. This includes avoiding using hi-res and true color sprites and anything that doesn't mesh well with the original artwork. Basically only enhancing and expanding upon that which was already there to begin with. The few new gameplay mechanics are optional, you can still play the game just like you always have.
New update 07/29 and possibly final
* Cleaned-up texture: W105_1 (there was some garbage at the bottom)
* New better firing sound for the Super Shotgun
* Dual Pistols scrapped and replaced with Rifle, complete with scope (use 'zoom' button)
* Zombieman changed back to its original rifle counterpart
* Reloading for both the Pistol and Rifle
* Adjustments and new additions to the HUD
* The Cyberdemon now launches a homing missile at the end of its attack cycle. Makes for a little more interesting battle.
* A random assortment of marine corpses
Screen Resolution: no higher than 800x600
Dynamic Lightning: ON
[Sprite] Smoothing: OFF
Sound Sample Rate: 22050Hz
Sound sample Size: 16bit
Ultimate DOOM, DOOM II: Hell on Earth, Final DOOM: TNT Evolution, Final DOOM: Plutonia Experiment, DOOM the Way id Did, DOOM II the Way id Did, DOOM the Way id Did - The Lost Episodes, Brutalized DOOM & DOOM 2 levels, Requiem, Memento Mori, Memento Mori 2, BF_Thud!.wad (ChrisK DOOM), Path of a Fallen Angel, Invaders, The Darkening, The Evil Unleashed, 99 Ways to Die, 2002 A DOOM Odyssey, Epic 2, DOOM 2 In Name Only, DOOM 2 Reloaded, DOOM 32
Note: This is not Brutal DOOM. It is not in any shape or form affiliated with Brutal DOOM. Please, do not confuse or compare this to Brutal DOOM. Brutal DOOM is first and foremost a gore mod, this is first and foremost an enhancement/extension of the original game.
Note II: Not compatible with FreeDOOM! Will work though, but use at own risk.
Try this on for size: http://www.mediafire.com/download/d.../Doom4music.zip
A simple PWAD that adds the edited DOOM I and II music by Shane Strife (http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24423)
Last edited by CeeJay on 07-29-14 at 08:53