Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CeeJay

[3DGE] Doom Forever REDUX (updated)

This mod is fucking awesome! For the people who play it, remember to not use the version of 3DGE included in this release and instead use 1.36 Final. Also, the music pack is completely optional at this point since Timidity is now included with the latest binaries.

CeeJay continually impresses me, and if anyone here is debating whether to try 3DGE or not - definitely download this mod and give your favorite Boom/Vanilla/EDGE mod a whirl - you won't be disappointed!

Sad to see this mod winding down. I've been on the lookout for Ceejay mods since back in the goldeneye days. He has a knack for making weapons feel viceral, weighty, and satisfying.

Now if I can get voodooguns to work in 3dge, I can die happy.

CeeJay said:

If you have dynamic lightning ON and still don't get any then there must be something wrong somewhere with the settings of your machine.

Sorry I was making a bad joke. I think you mean dynamic lighting and not lightNing, like thunder and lightning.

I finally came back to this mod, going to try it with the music pack in the OP. I've been unable to rebind my keys but maybe updating to the current version will help.

This mod is criminally underrated. Damn fine work, CeeJay! It is easily one of the best mods that I've played in ages, and it shows just what EDGE/3DGE is capable of. I'm glad that you decided to make it exclusive to this source port. The Z-family ports already have a bajillion outstanding mods to use, and I don't think that Doomsday or Risen3D have support for the required features of this mod yet. Anyways, thanks for the hard work, and I love your mod!

New update 11/05/2014

* A couple of new sound effects
* Outdated version of 3DGE no longer included with the package
* Improved reloading animation for the pistol
* Barrels now do more damage
* Faster/smoother text crawl
* DOOM 1: No intermission at the end of boss levels (E1M8, E2M8...)
* CREDITS.TXT replaced with a proper text document

This is quite fun, I ran through the first 3 levels of Doom 2 playing it. Not too used to Edge yet and playing it feels a little strange, playing with it with this mod makes it even more strange....but I can adapt.

I'm just not hugely experienced in different source ports, the whole feel of the game is a little different from what I'm used too.

However I like 3dge, and I like your mod too.

I think I'll do a playthrough of it when I get my videos of PSX Doom up, lot's of fun.

New update 11/27/2014

* Randomly spawned set of large trees
* Clip Counter on the HUD for the Super Shotgun
* More Blood feature disabled
* Some much needed edits to the Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind
* Push sound for the barrel
* Lots and lots of minor tweaks and improvements

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/u6hfjr0ivso2ogn/Doom4ever120.zip

And here is some gameplay footage (with commentary) by Amaranthus616;

Great release CeeJay! And awesome video too - we need more of these!

Is the bobbing values corrected with DF or is it still on 3DGE 1.36F default?

I present here the biggest update yet.

Notable changes, features, additions, etc.:

* Idle frames and smooth(er) walking animations for monsters
* Speed of the Super Shotguns reload a little more accurate to vanilla
* The chainsaw now wobbles during attack
* Lots of new monster deaths
* Additional sound effects for the SS from the 3DO port of Wolf 3D
* Lots of visual additions, improvements, etc.
* Additional marine corpses and gore (decoration sprites)
* Slightly re-worked gib mechanics
* Gibs no longer disappear
* The shotgun will now occasionally jam/fire a dud
* Beefier firing sound for the super shotgun (sawed off)
* Knelled enemies can now be gibbed
* New screaming sounds for when zombies are engulfed in flames
* New deaths for the player, though I am unable to properly test these
* Rotations for the SS' pain state
* An SS will occasionally surrender (idea from unused DOOM source art)
* Made some edits to Commander Keen
* Alternate attack for the Mancubus arm weapon
* More realistic smoke effect for bodies & exploded barrels
* Updated credits

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hswx9nnodcfz9ox/Doom4ever121.zip

A very mery christmas and a happy new year from CeeJay, sole team member behind DOOM Forever

Long time, no update (see first post)

Those Demonsteele custom death animations have been removed.

Keep up the good work! I'm sorry that you ran into issues regarding the Demon steele stuff, but the core of what makes Doom Forever great still remains, so that's what is most important.

Update 04/14/2015

* A new smoke puff, doing away with the overused Heretic/Hexen one
* Chainsaw now spawns the correct smoke puff, not the one used for bullets
* Shotgun now has a larger spread dust making it less useful at longer range, this gives the rifle more of a purpose
* Made some changes that will make the mod require 3DGE 2.0.0 or later
* Sound effect for secret areas
* New toggle sound(s) for the lamps, old one was kind of weird
* Sound effects changed back to their original WAV formats, bigger filesize but sounds better in-game
* A new addition to the HUD
* Title and credit pictures removed
* Smooth walking animations removed, some of them just didn't look right
* New and expanded sounds for the menu(s)
* Re-worked the Barons alternate attack
* As always, lots of minor tweaks fixes and improvements

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bdp81l7z5oz73ld/Doom4ever123.zip

Medium-sized update, but lots of clearly noticeable stuff. Some things I postponed for a longtime since it was tedious to do and get working properly. I am both lazy and a perfectionist.

Oh, did I mention that it now comes with a new cooler Gatling gun.

Updated mainly to support recent version of 3DGE, which is 2.0.1. It's pretty sweet. Enjoy!

I love this mod! It's so grim. It rivals Brutal Doom in terms of gameplay and atmosphere. I like Brutal Doom, but this is so refreshing because it's not over the top. Just add a crap ton of dying animations!

Are there any megawads that you recommend playing with Doom Forever? I think it would go well with a dark castle theme.

Elaxter said:

I love this mod! It's so grim. It rivals Brutal Doom in terms of gameplay and atmosphere. I like Brutal Doom, but this is so refreshing because it's not over the top. Just add a crap ton of dying animations!

Are there any megawads that you recommend playing with Doom Forever? I think it would go well with a dark castle theme.

I enjoyed it a lot with 2002: A Doom Odyssey

Thank you, glad there's people who enjoy it.

Take your pick, it really comes down to a personal taste

CeeJay said:

Tested with:
Ultimate DOOM, DOOM II: Hell on Earth, Final DOOM: TNT Evolution, Final DOOM: Plutonia Experiment, DOOM the Way id Did, DOOM II the Way id Did, DOOM the Way id Did - The Lost Episodes, Brutalized DOOM & DOOM 2 levels, Requiem, Memento Mori, Memento Mori 2, BF_Thud!.wad (ChrisK DOOM), Path of a Fallen Angel, Invaders, The Darkening, The Evil Unleashed, 99 Ways to Die, 2002 A DOOM Odyssey, Epic 2, DOOM 2 In Name Only, DOOM 2 Reloaded, DOOM 32, Perdition's Gate

This is amazing!!! I downloaded 3DGE specifically to try this mod. Unfortunately I have a few bugs to report.

Cacodemon lightning balls do zero damage unless the cacodemon is close to you when he spits it. Medium to long range attacks just hit the player with no effect.

Another issue I've witnessed is monsters being killed close to a door while it is opening and the body instantly gets crushed but then it glitches the door and makes it impassible.

Another great mod from CeeJay. My 3DGE folder is now just CeeJay mods and nothing else.

Spoiler

Because I don't know any other good 3DGE mods

doomquake777 said:

Cacodemon lightning balls do zero damage unless the cacodemon is close to you when he spits it. Medium to long range attacks just hit the player with no effect.

I've no idea what's causing it, think it's an issue within the engine itself regarding the Cacodemon.

EDIT: Nothing I tried would resolve this issue, and I tried everything I could think of. This is a weird one.

doomquake777 said:

Another issue I've witnessed is monsters being killed close to a door while it is opening and the body instantly gets crushed but then it glitches the door and makes it impassible.

Hmmm, I know there's some glitching with crushing monsters but I've never experienced the doors themselves glitching out and becoming impassible as a result of it. When and where did this happen?