Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dg93

**Deathmatch Revival** FINISHED!

If you think I am replacing that RL with a plasma just as is then you have another thing coming. I don't know what this fascination with plasma's that are easy to get is all about (you don't need a plasma rifle in order to make a good DM map) but I personally don't like spam even if you guys do. I'll add cages that's fine and IF I choose to replace that RL then I'll probably do the same trick from DW5M2 and there won't be any ammo for it. I am not having that so easy to get and that's that.

Springy said:

If you think I am replacing that RL with a plasma just as is then you have another thing coming. I don't know what this fascination with plasma's that are easy to get is all about (you don't need a plasma rifle in order to make a good DM map) but I personally don't like spam even if you guys do. I'll add cages that's fine and IF I choose to replace that RL then I'll probably do the same trick from DW5M2 and there won't be any ammo for it. I am not having that so easy to get and that's that.

Ok that's fine. It was just a suggestion and it wasn't meant to replace the current RL.

I'll take a look at it later on. Don't worry about the plasma rifle. Your map does not desperately need it.

doomguy93 said:

I'll take a look at it later on. Don't worry about the plasma rifle. Your map does not desperately need it.

I know, no plasma was going in anyway silly. :P I just think that's enough weaponry really and people would abuse the plasma seeing as one side would have it and the other won't.

datacore said:

Hi, i asked for work in the Team on Zandronum's forum, there are some months : my other nick is "ThinkCircle" .

if i can have the slot 28:

This is my map (slot28):

Link:

https://www.mediafire.com/?ynnzv5f10fpcncc

You can change the slot if you want but if you accept this map, please add the Sky and music.

Your map "Way of War" is already incorporated in DMR. Joe Pallai presented your map to me back in December, and it is personally one of my favorite maps. Way of War is currently in map slot 30. It just has a different midi that I think is more suitable. Excellent job you have done making it! Your sky was incorporated, but I didn't really like the midi it originally contained. Do you mind if I use a different midi?

oh ok ! Thanks :) but i have done some update too. So can you replace the map please :)

There is a server ? For test all maps ??

Springy said:

I know, no plasma was going in anyway silly. :P I just think that's enough weaponry really and people would abuse the plasma seeing as one side would have it and the other won't.

I like the new bars you added in the map. Now that you mention it, the plasma rifle would created and unfair advantage if placed in side of the map. This is probably due to the way the map is so symmetrical.

''Do you mind if I use a different midi?''

Yes, you can. But add the last released map please.

If you need again a map i can do an other, for the project.

datacore said:

oh ok ! Thanks :) but i have done some update too. So can you replace the map please :)

There is a server ? For test all maps ??

Sure I'll use the new contents of your map. I edited my last post to you and I'm not sure if you saw it, but can I use a different midi for your map? The one that it originally contained lacked percussion and I just didn't really like it very much.

Right now, the DMR beta 4 is being fixed by Dr. Sean from the Odamex IRC site. There is something wrong with the PNAMES in the wad that causes Odamex to crash.

However, It works with Zandronum and we have been playtesting it using bots.

I need help on making a public Zandronum server so people can playtest and give there thoughts on DMR. Unfortunately, I tried to make one, but I just don't understand the process of making one. I would appreciate if I can get somebody to help make a server.

datacore said:

''Do you mind if I use a different midi?''

Yes, you can. But add the last released map please.

If you need again a map i can do an other, for the project.

Awesome :) Thanks! I was recently thinking about replacing one of my maps I contributed to the project, so if you can give me a new map that would be good. Check your PM.

https://www.mediafire.com/?zpagsdukr6jezoh

Second map

:D Enjoy !!

The map is in slot 01, so if you change slot, can you add the music and sky please.

Title is: Cathartic Virtues

I have added some monsters at the BFG ( Monsters don't embarrass gameplay and players ) So the host must put the good DMflags if he wants play DM with imps )

datacore said:

https://www.mediafire.com/?zpagsdukr6jezoh

Second map

:D Enjoy !!

The map is in slot 01, so if you change slot, can you add the music and sky please.

Title is: Cathartic Virtues

I have added some monsters at the BFG ( Monsters don't embarrass gameplay and players ) So the host must put the good DMflags if he wants play DM with imps )

That is a good map you made datacore. I like the use of textures and item placement. It plays pretty well using bots which is an indicator that it would play well with human DM players.

I like the E1M5 music. However, I feel like I doesn't belong with the DMR midi pack. I can get somebody to do a remix of it.

The lifts should raise faster with a 1 second delay. Slow lifts just aren't suitable for deathmatching.

I love how the group of imps appear when the player grabs the BFG. It's pretty clever in my opinion.

Overall, nice job! Your map will being replacing my map "Space Station."

"The lifts should raise faster with a 1 second delay. Slow lifts just aren't suitable for deathmatching."

Because i map with the Doom2 Format (i prefert)

Thx a lot guy.

datacore said:

"The lifts should raise faster with a 1 second delay. Slow lifts just aren't suitable for deathmatching."

Because i map with the Doom2 Format (i prefert)

Thx a lot guys.

The majority of the maps are in zdoom (doom in doom) format or (doom in hexen format). I can easily change the delay speed of the lifts using zdoom (doom in doom format) without altering anything else in the map.

datacore said:

"I can easily change the delay speed of the lifts "

It's ok as you want Guy.

Great! Thanks!

Shit flakes, I forgot to add a MIDI to mine but aside from that, mine's done shouldn't need anymore changes. Still haven't heard back from Dr.Sean and the server bloke hasn't been on in ages just lettingnyou know. Oh, one more thing, are the changes to the weapons still happening? I personally don't like them but that's my two pence worth on the matter.

Springy said:

Shit flakes, I forgot to add a MIDI to mine but aside from that, mine's done shouldn't need anymore changes. Still haven't heard back from Dr.Sean and the server bloke hasn't been on in ages just lettingnyou know. Oh, one more thing, are the changes to the weapons still happening? I personally don't like them but that's my two pence worth on the matter.

I added a midi to your map. I'll send you the progress of beta 5 in PM. The DMR PWAD won't contain any weapons mod/ sounds in it. I could make a separate wad just of the weapons/ sounds as an option. However, I'm leaning more towards not adding any custom stuff like that. The majority of people don't seem to like it when the original weapons/sounds are altered.

I really hope Dr. Sean replies back soon.

Please say it is ONLY the MIDI you have added and NOT any other changes. I agree about no custom weaponry since I tried it so that's good. I was thinking that D6M4 might be good with it. Either way, thanks.

Springy said:

Please say it is ONLY the MIDI you have added and NOT any other changes. I was thinking that D6M4 might be good with it. Either way, thanks.

Relax, it is only the midi. If you request anything different, please let me know.

I have some good news everybody! The DMR pwad is now compatible with Odamex, Zandronum, and Zdaemon! Special thanks to Oxyde from Zdaemon for fixing the missing lumps. Beta 5 will be released asap. Some maps have textures in replace of flats that appear missing in a few maps. But I will fix them by tomorrow.

doomguy93 said:

I have some good news everybody! The DMR pwad is now compatible with Odamex, Zandronum, and Zdaemon! Special thanks to Oxyde from Zdaemon for fixing the missing lumps. Beta 5 will be released asap. Some maps have textures in replace of flats that appear missing in a few maps. But I will fix them by tomorrow.

Great news!

joepallai said:

Great news!

I'll send you a sneak peak through PM so you can see for youself :)

doomguy93 said:

Glad I could help, as I said, if you need anyhting, feel free to ask me. :)
And very good looking megawad! As I said on IRC, some of these maps sure have potential to end up being played in a tourney!

Oxyde said:

Glad I could help, as I said, if you need anyhting, feel free to ask me. :)
And very good looking megawad! As I said on IRC, some of these maps sure have potential to end up being played in a tourney!

You did a great job fixing the pwad Oxyde and I'm glad you like the progress of DMR :)

We just need a server for the DMR beta 5 so we can playtest it with actual players. Do you think you can give us a hand with that? Zdaemon or Zandronum/Odamex would be fine to use.

Here is beta 5: http://www.mediafire.com/download/iq6y75t5oe9a5ft/DMR_DG93+beta+5.zip

-DG93

Another update: I successfully figured out how to make a server on ZDaemon.

The name of the server that contains the latest beta is called: **DEATHMATCH REVIVAL** beta playtesting.

Do any of you guys want to playtest over the weekend? My time zone is on the east coast of the United States. I was thinking maybe Friday either 7pm (19:00) or 9pm (21:00). I could probably do Saturday too during the early afternoon, 1:00 pm (13:00).

Let me know what works for you.

Hey everyone, the other day DMR had an online playtesting session on Zdaemon, which included Joe Pallai and Datacore. The maps look very good and they also play very well against human players. Just a couple of maps need some touching up (nothing too serious). I also got in contact with Doomkid just recently (via Zdaemon) and updated him on the progress: http://www.mediafire.com/download/o4e1lqo2pdlccwz/Public+beta+testing+version+2.zip

He was astonished at overall quality of these maps compared to the latest beta from when he left off as project manager.

Good job guys. We are almost finished.