Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Motornerve 2 - beta

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:44. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
40oz
Forum Spammer

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/2346/584b.png

In honor of Doom's 20th birthday, I decided I would speedmap a bunch of deathmatch maps and fill them with monsters. Unfortunately I map much slower than I used to be (I think) so I only completed two maps. But maybe you'll like them and there will be more to come! Shooting for 20, for the twenty years of Doom :)

Things you need to know about Motornerve 2:

- All maps are designed primarily for Deathmatch first, single player second. Expect a lot of crowd control in SP.

- The player starts with a chainsaw in every map, so IN THEORY every map is able to be completed with 100% kills.

- The goal is the same in every map, the exit room is locked by a yellow key, the yellow key is located where the BFG is in Deathmatch. Sometimes it's easy to reach, sometimes it's not.

Here's the two completed maps. Let me know what you think!

DOWNLOAD

Last edited by 40oz on 12-11-13 at 18:22

Old Post 12-11-13 04:34 #
40oz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Obsidian
Forum Staple

Those maps hurt my pretty little brain. I might need some more time to beat them. :D

Old Post 12-11-13 05:10 #
Obsidian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Marcaek

Seem about as solid as the first. Another Motornerve would be cool, although I never really bothered with the SP aspect of it.

Old Post 12-11-13 05:26 #
Marcaek is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
40oz
Forum Spammer

completed a third map today.

link updated

Old Post 12-11-13 18:21 #
40oz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DeathevokatioN
Forum Staple

Played the first map, and it's quite awesome, some nice chaotic and dynamic gameplay. I had some ammo trouble but I guess that's intended to encourage infighting and berserk combat. I can imagine this map would be amazing for co-op. The architecture and unorthogonal angles remind me of an old map of mine, before it got touched up by Essel for BTSX E2.

Old Post 12-12-13 14:35 #
DeathevokatioN is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
walter confalonieri

pretty cool maps!

Old Post 12-12-13 17:35 #
walter confalonieri is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote