Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Website for GIjOE TC is done!

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 00:43. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KoolKat
Meow

I sent it off to dwhosting so it might be on DoomWorld in the near future. Here it is for now.

http://www.geocities.com/koolkat42000

Please take a peek and let me know how it looks. Thanks.

Last edited by KoolKat on 05-01-02 at 14:36

Old Post 04-23-02 07:14 #
KoolKat is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Linguica

Needs screenshots, I don't host TCs without them (except in special circumstances).

Old Post 04-23-02 10:30 #
Linguica is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KoolKat
Meow

OK, I'll get cracking. You might want to put that in your hosting info page.

Old Post 04-25-02 14:44 #
KoolKat is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KoolKat
Meow

By the way, what did you think of it?

Old Post 04-25-02 14:45 #
Lizardcommando
I'm a good person because I like dogs

Site's pretty cool, KoolKat. But like what Linguica said, it needs screen shots.

Old Post 04-27-02 03:56 #
Lizardcommando is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KoolKat
Meow

Thanks for the encouragement. :)

Old Post 04-29-02 05:46 #
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

Heh, aren't some of those weapon sprites from DoD?

Old Post 04-29-02 10:34 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nxn
meephead

DOD - that used to be my clan name... where's nab at?

Old Post 04-29-02 22:24 #
nxn is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

DoD

Old Post 04-29-02 22:40 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nxn
meephead

Liam the Bard said:
DoD

Yeah, I checked out the site a few days ago, someone in general linked to it (you?). If I played half life I would download it, hell if it was a SP mod I'd install Half Life just for it.

Old Post 04-30-02 03:01 #
nxn is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KoolKat
Meow

DoD? No, all are hand made, from the design of some GIjOE guns that are in my collection.

I'm working on making level one (Omaha Beach) look better, then I'll make some screens of it.

Old Post 05-01-02 14:25 #
Weedster
Cren/Banned

Would be nice if the site was a little bit more complete, but oh well.

Oh, and that marine smiling graphic looks modified; how did you get his eyes to look different?

Old Post 05-03-02 00:12 #
Weedster is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

Weedster said:
how did you get his eyes to look different?
MS-Paint perhaps?

Old Post 05-03-02 00:27 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Meh, I wish my school taught something valuable, like HTML, instead of this gay HOW TO ENTER A FUNCTION INTO A SPREADSHEET!!! bullshit.

Old Post 05-03-02 01:04 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Weedster
Cren/Banned

Archvile64 said:
Meh, I wish my school taught something valuable, like HTML, instead of this gay HOW TO ENTER A FUNCTION INTO A SPREADSHEET!!! bullshit.
Thank GOD my school will have a webmastering course next year, but sadly, I won't be in it :(

Lüt (wow, I actually know the ASCII): I meant, what method.

Photoshop owns, BTW ;)

Old Post 05-03-02 03:54 #
Weedster is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KoolKat
Meow

I cant remember what to doom mugs I combined but it was MS Paint. :) The site isn't complete because the TC isn't developed enough to get pics. It's at a halt right now 'cause I'm working on some graphics for another guy.

Old Post 05-03-02 21:15 #
Weedster
Cren/Banned

Why not take some angle shots of the small action figures in front of a solid background, magic wand and delete the background color in Photoshop or some other graphic editing tool, and have it done like that?

That is, if you're planning to use that sort of method.

Old Post 05-03-02 23:49 #
KoolKat
Meow

That is what I'm doing for my game sprites.

Old Post 05-04-02 22:56 #
Doom II Guy

How are the screenshots coming along?

Old Post 05-07-02 22:05 #
Doom II Guy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KoolKat
Meow

N/A. I'm still cleaning up the sprites and beautifying level 1.

Old Post 05-08-02 00:40 #
Doom II Guy

Oh. Well, are you going to give us a preview of what things will be like by releasing the first level when it's done? I'd like to see it's progress.

Old Post 05-08-02 01:11 #
Doom II Guy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Weedster
Cren/Banned

YES!!!! RELEASE A BETA SOON!!!!! ;)

Old Post 05-08-02 01:15 #
KoolKat
Meow

That was the plan. I will release a version with Level 1 & a weapon or two, plus an enemy.

Old Post 05-08-02 05:21 #
Doom II Guy

Nice. How long do you think that will take? Not rushing you or anything.

Old Post 05-08-02 12:26 #
KoolKat
Meow

Doom II Guy said:
Nice. How long do you think that will take? Not rushing you or anything.

I'm finished detailing the boat shadows which change in the game with RTS. :P I still need to make the beach and bunkers, plus some trenches in back. This is my first project so I'm not sure how long it will take. It shouldn't be more than a month but I'm not promising anything. Also I have to finish player and enemy #1 sprites, get some pictures of real M1 Carbine and M1 Garand, I have that lined up. (I have located the rifles and should be able to take pictures.) And with the pictures I can take many, making smooth and detailed reloading frames.

Old Post 05-14-02 17:14 #