Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Urban Brawl: Dead of Winter
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:25. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Phobus
Forum Staple

True, but it's little touches to make for a more complete experience. The weapons at start were my main point.

Old Post 12-30-13 10:47 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Average

It's really nice to see a little expansion for Urban Brawl though it really just makes me want MOAR!

Here's hoping for an Easter pack. :P

Seriously though, this is great stuff. Probably the best TC for Doom I've played. Also, just wondering, could Dead of Winter be added to the iwad so that I could just keep it permanently attached to UB? It would certainly be cooler to use with ZDL. :)

Old Post 12-30-13 12:30 #
Average is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Scuba Steve

Yeah... I should have done that. You could stick it in the action2.zip file.

Last edited by Scuba Steve on 12-30-13 at 22:14

Old Post 12-30-13 21:41 #
Scuba Steve is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NightFright

If you use ZDoom, an alternative is to put the PWAD into the autoload of your zdoom.ini:

[UrbanBrawl.Autoload]
Path=Put your/dow wad/link here

This only makes sense if you are able to launch the original AD2 campaign still after doing so, which I assume to be the case.

Last edited by NightFright on 12-30-13 at 23:33

Old Post 12-30-13 23:26 #
NightFright is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

NightFright said:
If you use ZDoom

It's Urban Brawl. It only runs on ZDoom (or recent derivative).

Old Post 12-30-13 23:33 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doomtodeath
Mini-Member

Its here! :D

Old Post 01-02-14 19:05 #
Doomtodeath is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
JaCe
Registered just to make one post

Awesome! 2 of my cousins love Action Doom 1 and 2, I even made myself a Action Doom shirt! Thanks Scuba Steve (:

Old Post 01-06-14 00:47 #
JaCe is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Job
Forum Legend

I just came across this, very cool. Reminds me of Streets of Rage! Anyway, I downloaded Action Doom and Dead of Winter. The text file says that both are required to play and that you use "brawl.exe," however this execute wasn't included in either zip file. Am I missing a necessary download or misunderstanding the .txt file? Hate to complain, but I'd really like the full experience with the sound track.

Old Post 04-07-14 23:43 #
Job is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phobus
Forum Staple

Just drag and drop both wads onto ZDoom.exe - that's all brawl.exe, IIRC.

Old Post 04-08-14 07:59 #
Phobus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

brawl.exe was a renamed zdoom.exe packaged with the original release of Urban Brawl. That part of the readme must simply not have been updated.

Old Post 04-08-14 09:16 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
doomguy

Holy crap! I'm so getting this... Thanks Steve! You're one of the best DOOMERS ever!!!
But you should still finish Ghostbusters. I think others would second that.

Old Post 04-22-14 03:29 #
doomguy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
joe-ilya

Too late, but it's awesome, better now then next year.

Old Post 04-22-14 09:20 #
joe-ilya is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Platinum Shell
Forum Regular

Is anyone else getting broken melee weapons when they run ad2dow.wad? Some weapons (like the brown bottle, Jack Daniel's bottle, rusty pipe and the nail plank) start off with the weapon durability bar completely red, along with the weapon looking already broken (bottles.) Also, I'm not able to drop the affected weapons. Other than that, 5/5.

Nevermind, it's just windows selecting multiple files weird again. But the weird thing is is that when I drop the UB zip (with DoW tossed in) then dragged it onto the zdoom exe, it was all broken. However, doing the same thing but with ZDL it works fine.

Last edited by Platinum Shell on 06-21-14 at 03:52

Old Post 06-20-14 18:31 #
Platinum Shell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote