Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fuzzball

Collab: Detail thingy

How would you guys be interesting in one of those random detailing thing? See how different mappers take one thing and changing it into something else~

Not really a compilation as such, but maybe a little fun thing~

The idea is that I will come up with some blank map layout stuff, without texture detailing, sector detailing, sector tags or anything.
I'll provide it here as a download with a screenshot too so you can get an idea of what is it you will be working with!

Couple of questions I will ask though, is first what format should I create the map with (for your sakes, however you can do anything you like to it, coloured lighting, 3D floors, slopes, decorate, textures...anything you desire! So Doom in Hexen or UDMF?
Second question: Should I do heights? Or leave that to you guys too?

Often I find myself being unable to finish stuff so to contribute in this way will be something neat for me to try!

If you want to make a community project based on a simple, undetailed layout that everybody can tweak to their hearts' content, then the most sensible thing to do is to have the start map in plain old Doom format. Let people convert it to UDMF if they want to use ZDoom features (after all, since it won't have any line or sector special, nothing risks being lost in the conversion). And if they want to make it vanilla, limit-removing, or Boom, they can too.

Random but tomorrow when I am awake would anyone object to a couple more? :D Maybe something more open, or a little more linier- I'll have to experiment! But I would love to see if anyone can come up with stuff for the one above~

First one's a fun looking layout, I might do something with that.

Since it sounds like you want to do ZDoom, why not make that the target port and compile the submissions into a megawad? I'm kind of disappointed that the hallway mapping project isn't targeting anything, so it's only ever going to be a collection of individual maps.

Not sure...maybe a mini wad~ We'll see what happens! Perhaps if I get more layout bases done and more people get on board..

I would like to see what I can do with the first one, however there's a particular style I've used in a previous uncompleted UDMF map I will like to incorporate into it.