Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Doomworld Mega Project 2014 - final versions up

Like if you didn't import any textures in your wad but you used a texture pack like cc4-tex or q1tex etc.

Also just a note, it's cool that you're interested in this project, but I don't think bumping is encouraged on this forum (unless you have something important to post).

Here is my map fresh out of the editor ^__^

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3m3vt5tgg03q71y/Nazi+Research+Facility_By+Doomguy93.zip

Title: Nazi Research Facility

-By Doomguy93

Format: zdoom (doom in doom format). Playtested using Zandronum.

202 enemies (Mostly Wolfenstein SS)

1 secret sector

Wolfenstein 3D themed

Wolfenstein 3D midi "Wondering About My Loved Ones"

Final Doom sounds (I personally love these sounds, but you can cut them if you don't approve of them)

All weapons except for the chainsaw and BFG9000

Construction time: Around 4-5 hours

Completed on 2-12-2014 4:52 am EST

Single Player/ Co-op (1-4 players)

Notify me through PM if there are any bugs in this wad.

Let me know what you guys think!

Enjoy! :)

doomguy93 said:

Final Doom sounds (I personally love these sounds, but you can cut them if you don't approve of them)

As they are now, they won't be accepted because nothing in your wad can use the same resource names as stuff in doom2.wad (apart from music), so that it doesn't conflict with other maps when they're compiled into one large wad. Since you're using ZDoom format, you could write custom DECORATE to replace all the things that use new sounds, and then edit your map to use those new things. Might be more work than you want to do though.

Anyhow I played your map, no problems found. Pretty square but that's the Wolfenstein look, so in this case I guess it's a feature ;) Since you're using ZDoom you might want to have the exit locked until you kill the cyberdemon, pretty easy to leave otherwise. Also if you wanted to get really fancy you could use polyobjects to have horizontally-sliding doors like the original Wolf3D, but that's certainly not necessary.

plums said:

As they are now, they won't be accepted because nothing in your wad can use the same resource names as stuff in doom2.wad (apart from music), so that it doesn't conflict with other maps when they're compiled into one large wad. Since you're using ZDoom format, you could write custom DECORATE to replace all the things that use new sounds, and then edit your map to use those new things. Might be more work than you want to do though.

Anyhow I played your map, no problems found. Pretty square but that's the Wolfenstein look, so in this case I guess it's a feature ;) Since you're using ZDoom you might want to have the exit locked until you kill the cyberdemon, pretty easy to leave otherwise. Also if you wanted to get really fancy you could use polyobjects to have horizontally-sliding doors like the original Wolf3D, but that's certainly not necessary.

The sounds aren't top priority to my map. I don't think it would be worth the time and effort to create a custom DECORATE.

I'm glad you liked map :) I don't typically make single player maps so more than likely my mapping skills aren't top notch, but for a Wolfenstein 3D theme I think I did a fairly decent job designing it. I'm better at making Deathmatch maps.

There was one problem that I tried to fix though. I noticed that when the player shoots, it alerts every single enemy throughout the entire map. I tried to resolve it by making some linedefs with a "block sound" parameter. To an extent it worked, but sometimes when the player approached the sector with the blocked sounds, the enemies just stand there idle even when shooting in the direction of them. I don't know why it does that but it is a major pet peeve of mine...

I do like the idea of having the exit door locked until you kill the cyberdemon. It forces the player not to just do a bullshit speed run of the map. Oh and the polyobjects thing you brought up sounds REALLY cool. It would make the map feel more like Wolfenstein 3D.

I apologize if I am blowing up everyone's notifications on this thread, but I've made some updates on my map: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9tqeak8ckr60x63/Nazi+Research+Facility_By+Doomguy93_v2.zip

**Bug Fixed Version**
New Sectors
333 enemies
3 secrets
Enemies throughout the map aren't alerted by a player shooting
New sky patch (DG93SKY1)
MAPINFO lump added into pwad

I would like to make a version 3 that incorporates plums's excellent suggestions regarding the polyobjects aspect of having horizontally sliding doors and having the exit door locked until the cyberdemon gets killed.

Other than that, disregard the old version and the sounds in the pwad.

I hope you guys like it.

Here's some shit:

No BFG Allowed! v1 (miss difficulty settings, no dm starts)

description: a sort of vanilla slaughtermap IN SPAAAAACE! (or better, in dark void), also i used some sort of "spacial" stock textures (shawn2, techwall, gray textures and so on...), kill a lot of monsters and go back home...

if there's a way to return back home...

monster count: 331

source port: limit removing port is appreciated, but it works kinda fine in vanilla (found some D_drawsector bug in the southern section)

new graphics: no

new music: yes (midi rendition of Dead or Alive - You spin me around)

build time: 1 week more than less

tested with: chocorenderlimits, prboom 2.5.0 (complevel 2)

if there's something wrong, please let me know! I'll see to fix it...

walter confalonieri said:

thank you... you don't found anything wrong?

I didn't really notice anything wrong. But I will play it again to see if there were any bugs. Did you get my latest DMR update that I sent you?

Hey Walter, I played your map. It was fun (maybe too much monster spam), however I encountered a bug in the hallway before the pain elementals. Pressing up to the door gives a weird fractal pattern, and in chocolate doom it will crash if you look to the side. PrBoom+ didn't crash but still got the visual glitch (in software mode only).

I think the problem has to do with your extreme sector heights in that area. I tried lowering all the 10000 high ceilings to 1000, and raising the -10000 floors to -1000, and the problem went away.

Here's a boring FDA (not really, I'd played until the AV trap and then died before this) that goes until the crash.
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/attachment.php?postid=1242211

edit: the door in question

the fractal pattern

Thanks for noticing me about the way to fix that! Tommorow i'll fix that and also fix the difficulty settings...

Hey guys.

Just a heads up. Im kinda taking a break. After im done with my Switcheroom 2 map, ill take a short breather on p0rtal. Its actually shaping up to be a decent piece of cake.

Spoiler

too bad the cake is a lie :-D

I should continue on April, but dont sign me out.

As a thought, would it be more consistent if people give links for their texture packs (stuff like Gothic, CC4textures etc,) and put them to OP? Would be less fumbling and could give ideas to folks.

v2 of No BFG Allowed!, thanks for plums for noticing me about the sector heights bugs, also added few more details and changed some things (like adding more ammo and reducing the number of megaspheres and health in the archvile's pit section), also fixed the bigdoor1 trick so it shows the UAAAAAAAAC script propeprly....

as usual if you found anything wrong, please let me know!

Actually, I'll take last year's WIP for 2013's and submit it for this one when I have finished if that's okay, sunshine.

Springy this is the second time I saw you call someone sunshine. Im calling your mother!! :-p

Now, why did I bump the thread...? Oh, yeah.

P0rtal is going slow, but steady so...

Also, I made an irc with my resources yey!

Address: 192.168.43.93
Port: 37350
Channel Name: #DMegaProject

Now... if you can't join it means my phone(the server) is dead, back up is coming.

Bump because I'm signing up for this because I'm going to try to make a map for Doom 2's 20th birthday for this years DW Mega project...even if it takes me til the end of the year.