Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
subject_119

[PrBoom] And The Bloodshed Began

Thank you again (is it already the third time I thank you?) for playing the whole wad through. Unfortunately, you are right about what happenned for the last maps, I had no computer or time to map in the last months so datacore did it alone : / He also sets himself time limits which are very short, sometimes he starts a map and wants to finish it within the day giving some stranges parts of map.

We weren't very organized neither thinking it would be easier because we were only two and good friends and....we were wrong.

I don't know what you're talking about when you say "Lastly, a lot of maps has a too obvious "inspiration" source", or at least about my maps and considering Datacore's work, he often takes Quake as inspiration source.

If you are interested in more maps from me, you can find some in here (you can try The Recon if you like unfinished bad first maps)or on http://doomfrance.forumactif.com/ I don't think I'll be realeasing this kind of megawad or solo megawad before a while, I prefer to make one or a few maps and just realease it alone.

Someone asked why PrBoom instead of Doom2 if I remember well and the answer is that we actually made tha maps in doom 2 Format but Datacore told me that the Downstroy map couldn't work so as the lazy ass we are we preferred to tell to people to play it on Boom...

Yeah, echoing what Scifista said and what I mentioned in my own review. You both are capable of interesting map design but id like to see something more... Substantial, for the lack of a better word.

subject_119 said:

I don't know what you're talking about when you say "Lastly, a lot of maps has a too obvious "inspiration" source", or at least about my maps and considering Datacore's work, he often takes Quake as inspiration source.

MAP05, MAP24, MAP28, MAP29, MAP30 and MAP31 rely on, well, subpar-quality ripoffs. I only say that their ideas could have been replaced by something much better. Not that they're very bad, not at all.

Of course, congratulations that you were able to put up a full megawad. It's not an easy task, regardless on anyone's mapping skill. I've given this megawad 3/5 stars on /idgames, because in my opinion it's a perfect example for that rating. As I see it, the level of overall today's quality which should be actively supported should be somewhat higher, but playing these maps was fun and nothing was really wrong.

I'll be glad to check out your other maps some time soon. :)