I enjoy D!ZONE and shit like that for a reason:
So many wads, so little time!
There is so many individual wads on these shovel ware disks that I can find myself playing for hours!
The shame is, there seems to be no actual projects that have multiple wads together, instead its just megawads.
So I thought of this idea, what if we were to load up Doombuilder (and other map editors), Make a random wad and have it sent to somebody, that person would then include the wad in a huge .zip file containing other random wads by other random people...
See where I am going with this?
I want to host a project where we make random wads and host all of them in one big .zip file: one download, one library of wads!
Here are some ground rules:
- You can make a wad for ANY IWAD, be it Doom, Doom 2, Chex, Final Doom, Strife ect...
- You can contribute as many wads as you want, the quantity does not matter... unless you give me an entire god damn archive.
- You can contribute the wad in any format, be it UDMF, Hexen, Boom...
- You need to include a cheesy textfile explaining the wad's story and what IWAD/Port it is for (like an actual piece of shovel ware)
- You don't just have to post levels, you can post your custom music, texture wads, sprite fixes and edits... You name it!
- You can post any of your older works, even if they have been in megawads and other collaborations.
- You can use custom textures, sounds, music... Custom anything! (They will not conflict as all wads are being stored in the zip file as just the wad, no merging or anything!)
- You can use any map slot (as I said this is just a collection of random wads, not a megawad)
- The level must be playable (monsters, items, weapons and a possible exit), it also must not dick around with peoples settings via scripting.
- No eddited IWAD levels, its not 1996.
- most kinds of map will be accepted, with a few that wont:
Boss fights, arenas, deathmatch, short maps, long maps, shit maps, beautifully crafted maps, cobbled together maps, wolfenstien styled maps, 90's maps, modern maps, PSX tribute like maps ect...
Troll maps, 1 room sized maps, about 400 cyberdemons in 1 room (you know, that sort of shit), maps that don't work...
Basically the level must function to a point where it is possible to finish it without cheats.
- You can post your new or even old maps.
- You must not post other peoples maps without permission, that should be obvious.
- No copyright bullshit, that means no MP3 files from any artists music (unless it is loyalty free, but you must provide proof) or OGG files I could get my bitch ass kicked by copyright laws over, got it?
- feel free to critique others maps... you don't need to but you can if you want.
Now that we got that settled, I will actually contribute to this project (unlike WOOO where I just sat there and made myself look like an ass by posting like a complete mong). I have a wad in the works for it now:
"It was a dark and stormy night" (itwas.wad), for TNT IWAD MAP14 PrBoom format:
Download that "itwas.wad" here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4...jlbx5/itwas.zip
Last edited by mrthejoshmon on Feb 21 2014 at 21:05