Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > my tc a restoration of classic wads

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:35. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
hypr

yep its a honest attempt to bring back the old wads from a while back
new enemies , sounds, better music, some gfx, only have map 11 done so it will still be a while i did the same thing with doom , for icon of sin i should change romeros face to bill gates face...

Old Post 04-26-02 15:58 #
hypr is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mordeth
Administrator

Word of advice: make sure you have the permission of the original authors of those wads to modify their work.

Old Post 04-26-02 16:03 #
Mordeth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hypr

yep , i wont modify the levels these wads are like 4 years old also so its going to be hard to find the authors

Old Post 04-26-02 21:13 #
hypr is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hypr

its going to be hard to find authors of wads from 4 years ago...

Old Post 04-26-02 21:17 #
hypr

some of the wads are more like 6 to 8 years old

Old Post 04-27-02 00:46 #
Lobo
Forum Regular

Ever get the feeling that the first half of a thread is missing?

What is this guy talking about? And with who?

Robotech: FirstGen TC / Edge Shell Launcher(ESL) Home page.

Old Post 04-28-02 16:18 #
Lobo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Scientist
False Prophet

I take it Hypr wan't to reply on something and pressed the "Post New Thread"-button instead of the "Post Reply"-button by mistake.

Old Post 04-28-02 22:44 #
Scientist is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

Fixed.

/me hugs vB's "thread options" menu =)

Old Post 04-29-02 01:13 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mordeth
Administrator

hypr said:
its going to be hard to find authors of wads from 4 years ago...

Most WADs come with a text file, which usually states whether or not the author agrees to others modifying his work. If it tells you not to, don't.

Old Post 05-02-02 10:28 #
Mordeth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Weedster
Cren/Banned

I need to get cracking on downloading the stuff from 3DArchives...

Speaking of old WADs, I played one a while back that had a few sound replacements; my particular favorites were:

BFG firing = "BLOW YOUR BUTT TO KINGDOM COME!!!!"

Splat and SD death = "OOOOOO THAT'S GOTTA HURT!!!!!" (with a suspenseful music note to it)

Cyberdemon death = "Good...bad...I'm the guy with the gun"

It also had a level replacement for E2M1; one room near the end was all white with a Spiderdemon and Cyberdemon in it together. Anybody know the name to this one?

Old Post 05-03-02 00:04 #
Weedster is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote