Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kontra Kommando

Aliens: The Ultimate Doom (TC) [Major Changes inbound for Graphics, and Gamplay]

http://www.mediafire.com/download/047rvawxhdxmc5u/ALIENS+The+Ultimate+DOOM+%28TC%29+Survival+Horror+Open+World.zip

Game: Ultimate Doom
E1M1 replacement with modified Open World map.
BETA 1.0

I have created a separate version of Aliens: The Ultimate Doom, and have turned it into a survival-horror open world game.I have radically changed the layout of the game to include far less enemies, and even farther less ammo and other items. Their placement is randomized as well, so every time is a new experience. Further, I have decided to include sid doyle's Dark Doom mod, as well as Ronnie42's open world E1M1 replacement of Doom 1 as 1 level. Moreover, I am beginning to construct a network of vents; this version is just the beginning of what I will expand on. These vents interconnect to various parts of the map. I have even created a small sewer section. However, be warned, there are some of anomalies and dead-zones throughout the map; so you might get stuck rarely. Nevertheless, the experience of exploring the labyrinthine map with the haunting music in the background, is worth playing. There are a lot of game play changes here, its a much slower, and spookier game. I hope you enjoy it, and feedback is always welcome.

Here is the beginning of a new sprite sheet I will be working on in the new year. I'm in the process of creating a high-resolution sprite sheet of the Xenomorph Drone. I am using the 1979, NECA Alien figure to help me as a visual aid, as I draw up this new sheet.

Hey Kontra Kommando, I noticed that as of Beta 2.1 the Combat Synthetic's laser sight tends to float near walls, making it hard to aim in tight spaces:

But with some (extremely) slight modifications to your LaserSightSpawner actor...

ACTOR LaserSightSpawner : FastProjectile
{ 
    +DONTSPLASH
    Mass 0
    Damage 0
    Speed 200
    Radius 1  //By not defining these, Kontra Kommando, they went 
    Height 1  //to the default of 20x16 -- that's too damn big.
    SeeSound ""
    DeathSound ""
    States
    {
    Spawn:
      TNT1 A 1 
      Loop
    Death:
      TNT1 A 1 A_CustomMissile("Lasersight",0,0,0)
      Stop
    }

}

We can open up a world of laser and dangerous!

Jaxxoon R said:

Hey Kontra Kommando, I noticed that as of Beta 2.1 the Combat Synthetic's laser sight tends to float near walls, making it hard to aim in tight spaces:
But with some (extremely) slight modifications to your LaserSightSpawner actor...

ACTOR LaserSightSpawner : FastProjectile
{ 
    +DONTSPLASH
    Mass 0
    Damage 0
    Speed 200
    Radius 1  //By not defining these, Kontra Kommando, they went 
    Height 1  //to the default of 20x16 -- that's too damn big.
    SeeSound ""
    DeathSound ""
    States
    {
    Spawn:
      TNT1 A 1 
      Loop
    Death:
      TNT1 A 1 A_CustomMissile("Lasersight",0,0,0)
      Stop
    }

}
We can open up a world of laser and dangerous!

Thanks for letting me know, I will add this fix to the next update.

Have a joke secret level where Xenomorphs are mind controlled by implanted kittens parasitic wasp-style, and when you kill them the kittens leap out and start puking acid hairballs at you.

Then Jones rises from his mighty fishbone throne pillow scratching post and swipes at you with his terrible claws of sheer fear, causing a scary cat jumpscare.

Is it just me or does it look like it's doing a slinky dance of some sort?

Stoopid sexy alien.

Actually, it's a pretty impressive sprite. How does it look in game? I worry that the very pale head may be too contrasted to the relatively dark body.

Damn. You got there ahead of me. Yeah, I noticed that from the front view the alien looks positively female. I think it's the narrow waist and the larger torso. Replace the head and it becomes a bar dancer from Star Wars.

EffinghamHuffnagel said:

Replace the head and it becomes a bar dancer from Star Wars.

:D

EffinghamHuffnagel said:

Damn. You got there ahead of me. Yeah, I noticed that from the front view the alien looks positively female. I think it's the narrow waist and the larger torso. Replace the head and it becomes a bar dancer from Star Wars.

Since the sprite is huge, I had to scale it down to 0.165.

I could make it xscale 0.2 and yscale 0.165. Which succeeds in making the xenomorph a bit wider. But honestly, I think the proportions of which I used are accurate. The xenomorph is supposed to have a tall, ectomorphic body and narrow waist. Here is the model that I used as a visual reference. I choose NECA's 7 inch figure for its accuracy.

This looks better in-game, because they are still tall, and imposing.

Enjay said:

Stoopid sexy alien.

Actually, it's a pretty impressive sprite. How does it look in game? I worry that the very pale head may be too contrasted to the relatively dark body.

GIF never seem to do the sprite animations justice. It translates better in game, because the sprite becomes smaller or larger as it moves around. It really does look like a dance, when they stand in place.

I think it looks pretty good in-game. But when standing next to other vanilla style enemies, it sticks out like a sore thumb. at any rate, I don't intend of using them for wads that have vanilla style enemies.

http://www.moddb.com/members/kontra-kommando/downloads/aliens-the-ultimate-doom-tc-beta-8

Many changes have been made since 7.3:

-More intelligent and aggressive Xenomorph AI. The Xenomorphs, will now strafe out of danger to avoid pain. They will perform jumping attacks, in two variations. Some will jump attack diagonally; also serving as a group flanking tactic against the player. Now the enemy horde will surround you, with jumping melee attacks. The acid ball has been omitted from every xenomorph except the Flying xeno.

--Game-balancing and New enemy spawning rates

-Many New Gibs have been added, and blood decals now work properly.

-Eggs can now be gibbed

-Refined soundtrack select, to better fit the overall theme of the game.

-All previous errors have been corrected. However, the newest version of GZDoom does indicate that some are present. Nevertheless, the mod is still playable with past and present versions of GZDoom.

Here is another playthrough video by ActualWinter. This time, its on the hardest difficulty.

Also, Aliens the Ultimate Doom reaches number 5 of the top 100 mods today on moddb.

Congrats! What does the "Trend" field on the right side mean? Your mod has radically the highest number of that.

scifista42 said:

Congrats! What does the "Trend" field on the right side mean? Your mod has radically the highest number of that.

thanks,I'm not sure actually, though its probably relative to the frequency of the popularity of the day.

The next beta will have some major graphical changes to the textures. I revised some of the blander looking ones, and will aim to fully convert all of Doom and Doom II's residual texture. Moreover, I will replace the Icon of Sin level in Doom II with something more fitting.

Man I should of gotten involved in this project. XD Great work all involved! I've got too much on my plate but if I do make something I'll be sure to let you know!

kalinus said:

Man I should of gotten involved in this project. XD Great work all involved! I've got too much on my plate but if I do make something I'll be sure to let you know!

Sorry, but its not open for public collaboration, other than discussion and suggestions here on the thread. I'm currently working on the project solo. I actually want to keep it that way. I originally started the project by myself and later collaborated with some of the other people in the credits. Now, it has reverted back to a solo project from here on.

Beta 8.0 was created by solely me, as were the all the early betas. I have also created nearly all of the custom sprites for the actors, and custom textures; with the exception of a few. I believe it was from 5.0-7.3, that I started to bring on board co-authors for specific tasks; jdredalert created weapon coding; moreover, he and many others helped to implement the motion-tracker. Sergeant_Mark_IV sent me his Alien verse Predator verse Terminator Mod, which a lot of the code is based off of, but has been modified extensively by me, him, and jd. Later, Endless123 and jdredalert began collaborating in making AVP, and I have continued as the lead & once again sole author of Aliens: Ultimate Doom. The two games share similarities, but are unique from one another in significant ways.

Enjay said:

http://i.imgur.com/w1iZgbu.gif
Stoopid sexy alien.

Aw, c'mon man. She's doing the H.R. Giger erotic alien thing. give her some slack will ya. I cant wait until she brings in the special insertion tubes.

Also, this mod seems to be something mighty impressive !