Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

TNT: Revilution . 2 small to medium maps wanted

Some of these midis are really cool. I am not a great judge of midis so I am glad that we have so many talented people working on them. Go team.

In other news, the texture pack has had a bit of an update. And by a bit, I mean a lot. Mappers you will have the update soon.

Please note:
------------

If you have used FIREBLU1 or FIREBLU2, check it once you get the new texture pack. I have added a new animating patch in there, so it may affect how you have used it.

Also please check SW1BROWN and SW1GRAY (And their SW2 equivalents) as these have both been modified.

Also notice there are a bunch of 'decal' textures in the pack now. (including NUKECLR and BLOODBD1.) Use them in front of other textures, later we will go and form them into one texture and remove the decals from the mapsonce they are all done.

Also,
-new PAN textures
-new rock flats (as requested by Eris I think,)
-new green Aurora textures courtesy of Megamur,
-new brick textures
-new marble textures
-new METAL textures
-MIDVINE variants that aren't cut off at the bottom! Hooray.
-new PIPE textures
-new rock textures
-new SPACEW textures
-New WOLF textures. Because we can.
-even more textures
-and more flats too.
-Textures for everybody!
-something!
-my punctuation is getting worse as this. post goes on
-I'm done.

I'm going to scour this pack for this "Something"

also, Doomhuntress, the start of it sounds slightly better once it loops, as it eases into the notes, but from a "cold start" it honestly hearts my ears a bit. The rest though, yeah, fantastic. My brother (A musician himself) says the start could use more bass. He also wants both version 1 and 2 used

VinylScratch <3: the slow one for like, a level where you need to find something, then the faster one for when you run away
VinylScratch <3: that shit would be cool
VinylScratch <3: like, the same level, twice, but the second could have blown up parts, and areas the first didnt
VinylScratch <3: admit it, its an awesome idea

Not too far from a post-Revilution idea I have in my head (that would use the phone midi and Sea Bats)

if MIDIs could be assigned loop-points, i'd probably make a swank intro for Julenca. it's the only weak-point of MIDIs having to be made loopable this way, since right now i'm pretty dry for ideas on how to give the song a good first impression.

edit: i just noticed your edited post. more bass how, exactly?

Dont know :p Thats all he said on the matter. It would be easier if he actually posted here using his account, but he never does!

Agreed on the loop thing, its especially limiting on Map 30s, especially TNT style ones that arent just a boss arena. Revilution's the same in this regard, the midi cant be full-on boss as theres a normal section to Map 30 before the boss (which despite being complete concept wise has yet to be started). Eris made a prototype track which fits both parts; ideally the epic "boss" part would loop.

Side note: Im really enjoying the diversity of the midis now that theres four composers. Even with the three episode themes, theres still so much variety.

hmm, why'd he want the two "versions" of Julenca (which are more like revisions, really) be used for? the second one is just the same song with minor updates... no drastic melodical changes to it like, say, the two versions of Grandfather Clocktower, which are very different when it shows.

anyway, i'll try to think of something i could do at the beginning. there must be some way to flesh out the intro without making the drop being less dramatic.

I think his idea was the same map twice in a row, or a map returned to later on in the wad, using the same track, but different versions of the tracks.

We obviously arent having the same map repeated in Revilution, but in another wad, it can be done.

Ragnor said:

I think his idea was the same map twice in a row, or a map returned to later on in the wad, using the same track, but different versions of the tracks.

Heh, sounds a bit like my 14/30 idea

Section 1 of the map is complete:

Added extra sections and non-linear like shit to certain areas, nothing impressive.

Now, top right there is a teleport room. That teleport room can be one of two things (which ever seems better):

The exit. This would make it a short map of course (And I personally like short and sweet skirmishes).

The link to the next area. The original idea behind this map was a Wormhole like teleport sequence (Idea was cut though) so I then thought of instead of changing the time I could change the location, it would be like having two little maps in one.

What should I do?

wooops, i made an error in my latest version of the MIDI, specfically i for some reason copied the snares at the intro of the song, before the drop where all the instruments began, twice, making the intro sound weird. i fixed that and did some minor tweaks to the MIDI; the link should be the same, but just for the sake of it, here's the FIXED Version 3. https://www.dropbox.com/s/uy8c2bsuj6m501r/God%20Ov%20Julenca%20Vers%203.mid

god, why am i having so much trouble with this particular MIDI for?

edit: actually, that becomes too confusing. forget that link and get this one, which is Vers 4, and HOPEFULLY the finished one. i think this song is making me start to lose it... https://www.dropbox.com/s/ey2ci3fl7gohbt6/God%20Ov%20Julenca%20Vers%204.mid

edit 2: crap crap crap, what the fuck am i doing. hang on.

edit 3: okay, i freaked out a bit there. i accidentally fucked up several of the patterns in the song, making the song barely usable. now, after some rather thorough clean-up, i'm going to call the song finished. for real. no, seriously this time. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4p28ukefl5vkqq1/God%20Ov%20Julenca%20%28Finished.%20No%2C%20Really%20This%20Time.%29.mid

i apologize for being so pantsy about this song. i don't know what it is...

You can use the EMIDI loop points but I think it'll only work right in ZDoom; in vanilla and other ports it'll loop from the end to the beginning as with normal MIDIs.

Ragnor said:

Seeing as some pepole thought that map 17 went on forever, I was going to have it split into two maps, both with the same start, but then opening onto different areas soon after that.

But seeing as we are all out of mapslots currently, I might give some thought to doing something else. :)

Since I cant sleep properly today, im passing the early hours of the day by doing a larger update to the music wad. Progress! This time it comes with a text file based on Kyka's one in the OP, by Eris' request. Im also collecting the original files separately for Bucket to find the source of that error if its still in.

EDIT: Only 8 midi slots left!

Map 6, 7, 8 and 11 for E1, Map 16 for E2, and Map 24, 25 and 26 for E3.

15 is currently set to use Thirteenth Hour by Bucket, as 15 currently exists. If Olympus' 16 is a better fit for this underground themed track, I'll gladly switch it. Same with 25 and 26. I originally had this set to Map 9 as a placeholder.

24 needs a track custom made with the map in mind; its an evil industrial meat processing plant that grinds up humans for evil purposes.

MUS24 may be the war-like drums + metal track I heard in my head. I'll do the opposite of what I should do, and claim this one too XD

edit: What's that..8 tracks for this project, possibly 9 if ef_midi_15 fits in. Must be a different Eris Falling working on this.

If your sure you want it, go ahead. Megamur will be more of a judge than me over the track though (Hes doing the map), but hey, hes the one who requested Ionian Isolation in the first place (Thus inducting you into TNTR), so im sure it'll go fine with you two :}

EDIT: V4 of the music wad sent out to the project leaders and composers.

jeez, my tracks seem to be rather quietly mixed compared to everyone else's tracks in the pack. it's not a huge deal, but it seems that, going from the volume in Zdoom, the SFX is 0.4 higher (from the audio slide) than my music is. not sure what can be done about that, though (i usually just use the default from where the audio is set at in FL Studio, which is at 78 per channel knob, i believe).

Maybe its another bug caused by them all being together? Im playtesting D_GARG's map 8 right now with the wad (Excellent map so far btw, I hear it has some vanilla breaking stuff, but outside of that, it feels like a reverse Dead Zone, I have yet to break out of the central structure without a very quick death), and your tracks are especially brilliant ingame while playing, I feel I made the right decision assigning them to the slots I have.

I think MIDI specs default is volume 100 (out of 127). That does correspond to a bit under 79%, could be rounded down to 78%.

As for the effect of playing one MIDI song after another... Normally, there's none. Everything is reset to default when the new song is started. It should at least definitely be the case for ports; who knows how DMX behaves in vanilla.

Ragnor said:

Maybe its another bug caused by them all being together? Im playtesting D_GARG's map 8 right now with the wad (Excellent map so far btw, I hear it has some vanilla breaking stuff, but outside of that, it feels like a reverse Dead Zone, I have yet to break out of the central structure without a very quick death), and your tracks are especially brilliant ingame while playing, I feel I made the right decision assigning them to the slots I have.

nay, my MIDIs are mixed that low. i haven't heard any issues with playing Doom and certain MIDIs screwing others up. it's not a big deal, but it does hurt my ears when i turn the SFX up all the way, as well as the music, and then the SFX murders my ears in the process.

Oh for fucks sake, first I forgot to include And So She Fell, now I just realised I put it in the wad TWICE (and lost Terminate 'N' Torture in the process. V4 = noob work.

Aside from that failure, Map 8 has my seal of approval. I really enjoyed testing that one. Not without its faults though of course.

EDIT: All fixed now...I hope. Let me know if I screwed up the wad a third time. Both the pack with all the originals and the pack with the wad are both updated. Google Drive makes fixing this shit so much easier. Just swap out the bad file for a new one.

Uber props to: Bucket, Doomhuntress, Eris Falling, TheUltimateDoomer666, Megamur, and especially Ragnor for taking care of the whole midi thing. We currently have more midis than maps, which is not a situation that I expected to happen, but not a bad situation to be in either.

Really appreciate it everyone.

In other news, I have done heaps of work on the three skies. They are just about finalised I think now. (And Mappers, don't post pics of the skies yet. Probably I am dreaming, but I would like to keep them something of a surprise for when we release something publicly. :D )

Love your work everyone.

@Ragnor, just downloaded v4 of the midi wad. And updated the first post too.

TMT: Midilution.

I did quite a bit today, by my admittedly low standards at least. TRCPMUSV4 is out, Bucket and Doomhuntress have the full set of original midis to work out that pitch bending bug, fully tested D_GARG's map, fooled around with the current mapset (Im assuming its version zero, the title pic from Eris isnt present yet, nor is Nightmap. Thus, its all former Devilution maps) Not bad considering I woke up at 4 am, couldnt sleep, thus got to work.

I feel like this now.

Now to send a bug report/feedback PM and then probably pass out.

A run through of the songs reveals that it's Doomhuntress's songs changing the bend range setting. I have no idea if FL has the option to change it, but that's a software problem. Lots of programs seem to like to obscure these advanced MIDI controllers... which is probably the reason I still use a version of Cakewalk from 1997.

If you guys aren't hearing it, you're probably on a different port (like SDL or Timidity). I use PortMIDI - essentially Windows Wavetable Synth - and the effect is most obvious if you go to MAP30.

Just two questions:

Does revised texture pack contain any tech/hell merges?

And are midis preset?

The midis are generally arranged by theme, due to the stronger focus on three distinct episodes Revilution has compared to Devilution. I have Doomhuntress' The Arcane set to 21 (And am listening to it right now ironically, its definitely my favourite midi out of the entire pack so far. Eris' Map 30 WIP is a very strong contender though) but if something else from the E3 midis you find better that isn't fully locked in, go ahead and claim it (22, 24, 27, 29 and 30 are "set" and final). Were doing it this way, because it would be pretty terrible to have a random heavy metal track in the dark creepy space episode for example.

Hardly anyone is claiming midis for their maps, so I'm assigning what I think fits the map slot best.

Dont know about the texture pack. Do you have version 8 yet? Ive been requesting helltech textures from the very beginning, and there is a collection of them growing.

I'll send you the midi wad if you like. Just dont go posting Eris' unpublic stuff :p