Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > TNT: Revilution . Progress is happening. Really.
Pages (30): [1] 2 3 4 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:40. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KiiiYiiiKiiiA

TNT: REVILUTION
----------------------

Not that this will come as a surprise, but this is a new TNT styled and inspired project.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA: Project leader

Ragnor and Megamur: Executive Leaders.

Xaser: Executive Xaser.

Testers: Hawkwind, Ragnor, Megamur, mrthejoshmon, SolidSnake and myself.

Beta testers: The Cupboard. (As well as presumably all the testers.)

MIDI dudes and dudettes: Ragnor, Doomhuntress, Bucket, Eris Falling. TheUltimateDoomer666

Special thanks to Gez, for technical help with maps, vanilla compatibility, a more recently, MIDI issues.

As Megamur has pointed out, all maps must be Vanilla compatible in every way, except for the savegame buffer, which we are prepared to go over, (and have done on many maps.)

NOTES ABOUT MAPPING STYLE
--------------------------------

So in TNT Revilution, we are not going for the literal 'TNT the way id did' as in 'literally copying exactly' the style of the original maps. I guess you could say that what we are going for is a 'spiritual' successor to TNT, where the maps have a distinct tnt feel to them, but modernised in terms of quality and look. So in short, we want to capture everything that was great about the original, but maintaining modern levels of quality and design standards.

The other thing I will mention is that we do want some form of 'story', so if you are doing an episode transition map (start or end) or some other 'key' map (07, 30 etc) then we may have a couple of chats regarding ideas/themes for those maps. Nothing too limiting for the mapper, just a general concept for the map that fits the wider theme.

SKIES
------------

Pretty much done at this point. Hooray!

Resources
-----------------

We are currently finalising the texture pack. But if you have anything to contribute in this regard... (Textures/skies/interpics/boss graphics etc) then totally let us know.

And Midi's. Totally Midi's. I want it to be raining midi's around here. o_0

Current Maplist: (not finalised.)
-----------------------------------------

Map 01: Unnamed (SFoZ911)
Map 02: Nightmap (Olympus)
Map 03: DMP Sand (Kyka)
Map 04: Graytech Harrow (Kyka)
Map 05: Compute. Err. Stay. Shun. (Archi and Kyka)
Map 06: Unnamed (Xenonemisis and Kyka)
Map 07: Unnamed (Tango)
Map 08: Unnamed (D_GARG)
Map 09: Lithosphere (Melon and Kyka And Megamur.)
Map 10: Startan Complex (Whoo and Kyka)
Map 11: Unnamed (scifista42)
Map 12: Wormholding (Stupid Bunny and Kyka and Megamur)
Map 13: Military Complex (Emzee and Kyka)
Map 14: Unnamed (Eris Falling)
Map 15: Unnamed. (Kyka and Alterworldruler)
Map 16: Unnamed (Olympus)
Map 17: Sting Theory. (Kyka and Alterworldruler.)
Map 18: Unnamed (EvilNed)
Map 19: Crud Refinery (Kyka and Xenonemisis)
Map 20: Unnamed (CorSair)
Map 21: Unnamed (CorSair)
Map 22: Arenophobia (Kyka and Olympus)
Map 23: Dreadmill (Kyka)
Map 24: Unnamed (40oz)
Map 25: Unnamed (Fellowzdoomer)
Map 26: Unnamed (Olympus)
Map 27: Unnamed (Xaser)
Map 28: Unnamed (cannonball)
Map 29: Still Viridian Twilight (Kyka)
Map 30: Unfinished and Unnamed (Kyka and AlterworldRuler.)
Map 31: Anubis (Valkiriforce)
Map 32: Unnamed. (Eris Falling.)

Reserve Maps
-------------------
Abysmal Oubliette (Kyka)
Decay (mrthejoshmon)
Miniluv (Kyka)
The Wings (40oz)
Unnamed (Eradrop)
Meat Locker (Megamur and Kyka and Ragnor)

Other Stuff
-------------
The texture pack is currently being gutted and rebuilt, and will get done, hopefully soon.

*Yeah, I know there is a lot of my maps in there. If we get a really good response, and if necessary. I will happily drop a couple of my own maps for the benefit of making this a more community based project.

Feel free to book a mapslot, and as long as your map either meets the standards, or you are prepared to work with us until it does, then you are in. If we get too many maps, we reserve the right to pick the best 32 for the final release.

If anyone wishes to be involved as a tester, mapper, quality control, texture artist, then by all means talk to us.

Also, if anyone wants to contribute any original textures, flats, new skies, IoS graphics, Interpics and Titlepics, or be involved in any way, then let us know.

Thanks guys. More news as it happens.

midi list

-----------

* This list is a placeholder one and not final outside of the locked tracks.

Download:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzH...tU00/edit?pli=1

Title music: Cataclysmic Impact - Doomhuntress
Story text music: The Revolution Continues - Eris Falling
Intermission: The Aftermath - Eris Falling

Map 01:TiN Toker (Bucket)
Map 02:Thrash 'N' Tear (TheUltimateDoomer666)
Map 03:No Absolution (TheUltimateDoomer666)
Map 04:TermiNaTed (Bucket)
Map 05:Severance (TheUltimateDoomer666)
Map 06:Hellhole (TheUltimateDoomer666)
Map 07:Computers (Doomhuntress)
Map 08:Drivin a Plucked String (Doomhuntress)
Map 09:TNT'd Love (Bucket)
Map 10:Your Last Resort (Doomhuntress)
Map 11:Crazy Castle Killer (Doomhuntress)
Map 12:Ionian Isolation (Eris Falling)
Map 13:Lonely Corridors (TheUltimateDoomer666)
Map 14:Sea Bats (Doomhuntress)
Map 15:ThirteeNTh Hour (Bucket)
Map 16:Avec Vous (Doomhuntress)
Map 17:TiNTinnabulation (Bucket)
Map 18:Grandfather Clocktower (Doomhuntress)
Map 19:TeNeT (Bucket)
Map 20:(Here Comes) The Night Train (Bucket)
Map 21:Contempt (I Hate You) (Doomhuntress)
Map 22:Terminate 'N' Torture (Doomhuntress)
Map 23:Wasted (TheUltimateDoomer666)
Map 24:Tell No Tales (Bucket)
Map 25:The Arcane (Doomhuntress)
Map 26:I Don't Want You To Leave (Regretful Edit) (Doomhuntress)
Map 27:ToNgue Tied (Bucket)
Map 28:And So, She Fell (Doomhuntress)
Map 29:God Ov Julenca (Doomhuntress)
Map 30:Ragnorian Reprise (Eris Falling)
Map 31:Atmosphere (Eris Falling)
Map 32:Empty (Secret until release)

Last edited by KiiiYiiiKiiiA on 09-29-14 at 00:15

Old Post 02-20-14 02:11 #
KiiiYiiiKiiiA is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Megamur

And don't forget musicians! There's always room for new MIDIs. :)

And the target engine is Chocolate Doom, so make sure you stay within vanilla limits (with the exception of savegame buffer overflows, as those can be toggled off in Chocolate anyway).

Old Post 02-20-14 02:16 #
Megamur is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Tarnsman
Forum Regular

Cool stuff. One thing to note: Galapagos is VF's other TNT2 map that's still in the project, his Egypt map was named something else.

Also "Map 17: Sting Theory. (Kyka and Alterworldruler.)" :D, well played good sir, well played.

Old Post 02-20-14 02:21 #
Tarnsman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ragnor
I do see the humour in a mod sneakily changing my title

You should edit Galapagos, thats his Carribean styled map which is still in Devilution. I think his egyptian map was called Osiris?

Anyway, episode themes are basically the same as both Evilution and Devilution. If you have a TNT themed idea that doesnt fit Devilution's new guidelines, let us know.

I want this to feel as much like TNT as possible, linear, non-linear, short, long, goofy, refined, doesnt matter to me. Megamur and I both agree though: Every so often, we gotta have mock cubicles and trucks and such :p

IoS fight is not planned to be "standard" lift rocket action, so rejoice!

Old Post 02-20-14 02:21 #
Ragnor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
KiiiYiiiKiiiA

@Megamur and Ragnor: See this is why I am having you guys co-lead this.

@Tarnsman. Thank you. :) And in regards to Valkiriforce's map name, noted and changed.

Old Post 02-20-14 02:27 #
KiiiYiiiKiiiA is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Olympus

If its alright, I'd like to take slots 16 and 26. Also, is the texture pack ready to be sent out?

Old Post 02-20-14 02:38 #
Olympus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
KiiiYiiiKiiiA

Those slots are now booked for you.

Also, the texture pack is not too far off. We may not have all the new skies in place straight away, but all the textures and flats will be done soon.

Old Post 02-20-14 02:41 #
Ragnor

I think I have a conceptual idea for an E3 sky actually. I'll need to think on this a while though.

Sorely missing that E2 sky though.

Old Post 02-20-14 03:03 #
Ragnor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Megamur

Ragnor said:
Megamur and I both agree though: Every so often, we gotta have mock cubicles and trucks and such :p

Absolutely. The TNT feel isn't complete without some crude realism in a few maps, like Shipping/Respawning and Lunar Mining Project. Made the Jupiter moonbase feel just a little more "lived in" than Phobos and Deimos. :)

Old Post 02-20-14 03:03 #
Megamur is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Xaser
Forum Staple

I'm tossing around a couple of ideas in my head, but knowing me, "surreal unrealistic hell" isn't a particularly far-fetched prospect. :P

At any rate, good to see the name "Revilution" put to use. Fun to see it alongside the other name. ;)

EDIT: Oh shike, I realized that if the name becomes "TNT: Revilution Community Project" then you'd get "TRCP". But maybe that's silly... P:

Last edited by Xaser on 02-20-14 at 06:03

Old Post 02-20-14 05:56 #
Xaser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Bucket
ROCK & LOAD
COCK BEEN BLOWED
IN YOUR MOUTH,
MANJUICE EXPLOAD

Megamur said:
And don't forget musicians! There's always room for new MIDIs. :)

Well, any TNT-based songs I made can be used for this project.

Old Post 02-20-14 06:09 #
Bucket is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Avoozl
Forum Staple

It's certainly going to be a long time before this is complete. :P

Old Post 02-20-14 06:44 #
Avoozl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ragnor

Xaser said:
I'm tossing around a couple of ideas in my head, but knowing me, "surreal unrealistic hell" isn't a particularly far-fetched prospect. :P

At any rate, good to see the name "Revilution" put to use. Fun to see it alongside the other name. ;)

EDIT: Oh shike, I realized that if the name becomes "TNT: Revilution Community Project" then you'd get "TRCP". But maybe that's silly... P:

Thats half the joke actually. When Whoo didnt accept Revilution as the subtitle back when it was just "TNT 2", I relegated it to a possible eventual TRCP role somewhere down the line. Didnt expect it to happen like this! Its not purely "TRCP" though, its half TRCP, half Devilution: Lost Levels.

Im pretty sure were going with a more tech-oriented Hell btw, in the usual TNT industrial tech theme, but anything can happen in Hell! Megamur had a good idea of a human meat processing plant there, for example.

Old Post 02-20-14 06:51 #
KiiiYiiiKiiiA

Ragnor said:

Megamur had a good idea of a human meat processing plant there, for example.

Hell yes.

Funny thing is, I have actually had a similar idea, like the biological processing areas from Quake II

Old Post 02-20-14 06:56 #
CorSair
Forum Regular

I would try to submit few maps, along with demos and comments on the map.

I probably do a start map (MAP01), and I had idea for two maps, for slots 20-21. Don't know how I am gonna fit it there now...

Old Post 02-20-14 07:33 #
CorSair is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Tarnsman
Forum Regular

Something to consider since you brought up 20-21 is the idea of having them be sister maps like in the original TNT. Just throwin' that out there.

Old Post 02-20-14 07:51 #
Tarnsman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
cannonball

I still have the remains of the map I was planning to make for TNT2 before I pulled out after a brief discussion with processingcontrol about the one remaining mapslot at the time. I could definitely finish the map off and put it into this.

Old Post 02-20-14 07:56 #
cannonball is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ragnor

I was nagging Kyka to link it more with Infernal Carrier for that very reason actually. As you may have noted, 21 started off a little blandly. I never got to play a version of IC, but I envisioned an awesome entrance into the Hell episode at the end of it. While 21 of Revilution WAS intended to be the heavily defended doorstep of hell for Devilution, the very opening didnt tie in too well with IC.

Now that its not going to coming off that map, we need to figure out what kind of awesome thing we'll end E2 on..

cannonball said:
I still have the remains of the map I was planning to make for TNT2 before I pulled out after a brief discussion with processingcontrol about the one remaining mapslot at the time. I could definitely finish the map off and put it into this.

Its not Ragnor's Stronghold II is it? :p

Bucket said:

Well, any TNT-based songs I made can be used for this project.

I was actually going to ask you if I could use that midi I requested you to make for Devilution map 1. I dont feel its too appropriate without a map 1 that continues from Last Call though. Megamur, Kyka, what do you think?

Last edited by Ragnor on 02-20-14 at 08:09

Old Post 02-20-14 07:59 #
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

Excellent!
Can I have MAP14?

Old Post 02-20-14 09:12 #
Eris Falling is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ragnor

Eris Falling said:
Excellent!
Can I have MAP14?

I was hoping youd sign up :D I was even gonna invite you personally.

BY ALL MEANS YES

Old Post 02-20-14 09:26 #
Springy

I am glad too see that those maps are not going to waste. I would contribute but my mapping is not advanced enough, too boxy, lack of detail and outdoor areas being shit. So good luck with this is about the only contribution I can really do.

Old Post 02-20-14 10:50 #
Springy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
KiiiYiiiKiiiA

CorSair said:
I would try to submit few maps, along with demos and comments on the map.

I probably do a start map (MAP01), and I had idea for two maps, for slots 20-21. Don't know how I am gonna fit it there now...

I can move Map 21 to Map 22, and put you in for those two slots. But be warned, they must be epic. :D

Tarnsman said:
Something to consider since you brought up 20-21 is the idea of having them be sister maps like in the original TNT. Just throwin' that out there.

Totally. I do want some 'theme' overall to the set, not for it to be just a set of 32 TNT-ish maps.

cannonball said:

Pick a mapslot, and you are in. (We can always move the maps around a little later if need be.)

Eris Falling said:
Excellent!
Can I have MAP14?

For sure. Done.

Springy said:
I am glad too see that those maps are not going to waste. I would contribute but my mapping is not advanced enough, too boxy, lack of detail and outdoor areas being shit. So good luck with this is about the only contribution I can really do.

If you wish to sign up, give it a shot. Why not.

In other news, I apologize for our little altercation on the TNT2 thread. Glad the whole thing is all sorted now.

Ragnor said:
I was nagging Kyka to link it more with Infernal Carrier for that very reason actually. As you may have noted, 21 started off a little blandly. I never got to play a version of IC, but I envisioned an awesome entrance into the Hell episode at the end of it. While 21 of Revilution WAS intended to be the heavily defended doorstep of hell for Devilution, the very opening didnt tie in too well with IC.

Now that its not going to coming off that map, we need to figure out what kind of awesome thing we'll end E2 on..

Why don't you and CorSair do a little brainstorming for ideas for the two maps, see what you guys can come up with.

Old Post 02-20-14 12:18 #
Ragnor

I think weve all forgiven each other by now for that drama, Kyka :} Nobody ever makes sound decisions or arguments when mad.

21 in the 22 slot calls for some delinearifying. The awesome void arena stays at all costs though ;]

In other news, I need to stop thinking of cool shit for Map 30. How the hell are we going to stay within visplane limits if the picture in my brain keeps growing :|

With Eris on board, and thus ErisMusic, I may have an idea for 32 for you later..

Old Post 02-20-14 12:35 #
EvilNed

Give me map 18! I love evilution.

I can also contribute with skies (and maybe other graphics, if need be).

Old Post 02-20-14 12:42 #
EvilNed is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
C30N9

Since booking is possible, may I have MAP01?

Old Post 02-20-14 12:50 #
C30N9 is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
KiiiYiiiKiiiA

EvilNed said:
Give me map 18! I love evilution.

I can also contribute with skies (and maybe other graphics, if need be).

Map 18 is yours.

And please feel free to submit whatever you think in regards to skies, titlepics or interpics etc etc. Love to see it.

C30N9 said:
Since booking is possible, may I have MAP01?

Yes.

Old Post 02-20-14 13:05 #
Ragnor

Ive been watching this thread all day, and its amazing that the remaining slots have almost completely been filled in that single day. Looking forward to your maps, guys.

Old Post 02-20-14 13:10 #
DeathevokatioN
Forum Staple

Just posting to say that I wish you nothing but good luck on this project, Kyka and team!

Old Post 02-20-14 13:26 #
DeathevokatioN is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
KiiiYiiiKiiiA

Ragnor said:
Ive been watching this thread all day, and its amazing that the remaining slots have almost completely been filled in that single day. Looking forward to your maps, guys.

Notice the new Meat Locker level.

DeathevokatioN said:
Just posting to say that I wish you nothing but good luck on this project, Kyka and team!

Thanks Deathev. Really appreciate the encouragement.

Old Post 02-20-14 13:27 #
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Nightmap = this or something else? Does the name mean that the first episode will have a night sky?

Old Post 02-20-14 13:30 #
Memfis is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote